Author Topic: No butts in the seats and tailgate lot was just as bad!  (Read 42315 times)

Offline YSUGO

• Global Moderator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
No butts in the seats and tailgate lot was just as bad!
« on: November 01, 2014, 07:40:23 PM »
Let me here the excuses of why nobody was at the game or tailgating...I was there at 8 am.  I had an awesome time
A Penguin for life!!!

Offline Penguin Nation

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: No butts in the seats and tailgate lot was just as bad!
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2014, 07:49:56 PM »
Shaming people into going to the games just isn't going to work.  Neither will being belligerent and angry.

YSU football is a product that, like any product, needs to be deemed worthy by the consumer of their valuable time and hard earned money. 

It is not the fans fault that the product (YSU FB) deteriorated after JT left.  It is not the fans fault that we play teams in the Dakotas rather than Akron or Kent or Ohio U.

IMO, if a business is doing poorly and not closing the deal with consumers.....it is never the consumer's fault. 
"These two cats that we played against from Youngstown State were as good of pass rushers as I've seen"

--WVU Head Coach Dana Holgorsen

Offline penguinpower

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2014, 07:52:15 PM »
I make it to 15% of the games and I live ~1000 miles away.  I spend a lot in travel and a lot at the book store when I'm up there.  If we had some playoff games at home I may be able to attend those as well (if I can make it happen).  There are plenty of people in the area that can weather the F'ing Mooney and Ursuline games and therefore there are no freaking excuses as far as I'm concerned.   And if you are choosimg to to watch high school football over what we have, then your intellectual ability falls in the Dim range.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2014, 08:02:56 PM by penguinpower »

Offline penguinpower

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2014, 07:53:11 PM »
Shaming people into going to the games just isn't going to work.  Neither will being belligerent and angry.

YSU football is a product that, like any product, needs to be deemed worthy by the consumer of their valuable time and hard earned money. 

It is not the fans fault that the product (YSU FB) deteriorated after JT left.  It is not the fans fault that we play teams in the Dakotas rather than Akron or Kent or Ohio U.

IMO, if a business is doing poorly and not closing the deal with consumers.....it is never the consumer's fault.

Mooney and Ursuline brands suck and idiots flock to it all the time.  Why would you ever want to watch a team run the ball every play and beat up on inferior talent?  There is probably 1 kid on the entire Mooney and Ursuline teams combined that could warm the bench for YSU. The quality of HS football is bad and it draws.  Sickening
« Last Edit: November 01, 2014, 08:22:29 PM by penguinpower »

Offline Penguin Nation

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2014, 08:18:56 PM »
Maybe the Athletic Department should invest in billboards around town displaying the slogan, "Either go to YSU FB games or you're a F---ing a--hole!"

"These two cats that we played against from Youngstown State were as good of pass rushers as I've seen"

--WVU Head Coach Dana Holgorsen

Offline penguinpower

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2014, 08:22:51 PM »
Maybe the Athletic Department should invest in billboards around town displaying the slogan, "Either go to YSU FB games or you're a F---ing a--hole!"

More like morons.

Offline penguinpower

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2014, 08:25:52 PM »
How many people are at home right now watching Ohio State beat the hell out of Illinois, a team that is inferior to Youngstown State with our new quarterback?  watching the big 10 is just like watching Youngstown Cardinal Mooney beat up a division 6 football team by running the ball up the middle a hundred times and bragging about the big win.  but all the idiots have to watch that because the Buckeyes are winning and they play no one that can compete with them except for Michigan State and then they b**** that they're not number one.

meanwhile they've got a fantastic football team in Youngstown nearby that they can go to a game and support and they choose not to because Poland or Canfield had trick or treating today so we can't make a football game because we have to go trick or treating. All I hear is bullsh** excuses. If Youngstown is truly a football town then the fans they should be supporting Youngstown State.  It is a superior brand of football to anything else in the valley. Hands down. This is no longer the old I-AA.

The national champion is coming out of this conference and we are a contender.  How do you like that bold statement?  I'm totally baffled by the lack of fan support. I've called many people in my contact list and chastise them for lack of support.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2014, 08:33:53 PM by penguinpower »

Offline penguinpower

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2014, 08:37:09 PM »
that highlight commercial that they showed on espn3 before the game today needs to be played on every local television channel about fifty thousand times so that the morons they don't pay attention can see what the heck we have

Offline penguinpower

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2014, 08:37:53 PM »
and another thing that irks me is that most of the people in the valley attended Youngstown State and they are alumni and they need to support their damn team

Offline ysufan0505

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2014, 09:14:07 PM »

Mooney and Ursuline brands suck and idiots flock to it all the time.  Why would you ever want to watch a team run the ball every play and beat up on inferior talent?  There is probably 1 kid on the entire Mooney and Ursuline teams combined that could warm the bench for YSU. The quality of HS football is bad and it draws.  Sickening

Well, Mooney's kicker is going to YSU lol...... And they have 2 kids going to Kentucky so.

Offline ysufan0505

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 01, 2014, 09:15:50 PM »
YSU hasn't won. Plain and simple. Winning puts butts in the seats. It was cold, windy day against a team who sucks so no average fan is going to the game. Now, the Indiana State game coming up.... That's a different story!

Offline YSUGO

• Global Moderator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 01, 2014, 09:26:47 PM »
I wasnt bullying ??? anybody...but saw lots of excuses.  This is my Ohio State.  I went away to school here.  Did I want to get up at 6 am to tailgate no .but i did ...was the weather bad...yes...but you dress for the weather and show up...i didnt get wet...actually had fun..the same negative people on here and this area...have become excuse makers not doers...its your team your college...step up...
« Last Edit: November 01, 2014, 09:27:49 PM by YSUGO »
A Penguin for life!!!

Offline penguinpower

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 01, 2014, 09:56:36 PM »
Tell me how coach Wolford has an advantage in recruiting people to Youngstown State when there are 11 people in the stands? The success of the football program is just as much a responsibility of the fans as it is the coaches and players. To me it's not about the brand of football. If you went to school there and you follow any level football and your team is somewhat competitive then you have an obligation to support them and attend the games. If you're part of the city or other organizations that schedules crap during the games you're to blame too. 

We have a title contender.  Get the word out.  We will be in the top 10 this week. We can beat Illinois State next week
« Last Edit: November 01, 2014, 10:10:28 PM by penguinpower »

Offline YSUGO

• Global Moderator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 01, 2014, 10:03:18 PM »
I am watching the replay...How embarrassing to see like 1K in the stands.
A Penguin for life!!!

Offline guinpen

• Global Moderator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 01, 2014, 10:04:20 PM »

I can agree with what you say to a point.

I really do not care about these Dakota schools even the Iowa school, just too far away, but I do care about YSU and that is who I go to see. This area is so negative about everything, YSU is a jewel, lots of good things going on there. The downtown is coming back People need to get with it.
“Life is hard, it’s harder if you're stupid” - John Wayne