Author Topic: Guins vs. Coyotes  (Read 38647 times)

Offline DavedS

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: Guins vs. Coyotes
« Reply #15 on: October 31, 2014, 09:22:08 AM »
SD is capable of getting blown out and they are also capable of beating us---never forget Missouri State was 1-9 and beat us @ HOME with our playoffs on the line.

Spiderlegs

« Reply #16 on: October 31, 2014, 09:35:42 AM »
This one favors YSU, though rain could be an equalizer. Even then, as long as our OL holds, we are better equipped at the skill positions to have the kind of runs and short passes typical of a bad-weather game. "As long as our OL holds"--I had to add the qualifier because of the recent history of YSU teams falling apart when wintry conditions set in. I guess we might learn whether this team is any different tomorrow.

Offline ScarletRook

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 31, 2014, 10:34:49 AM »
"As long as our OL holds"

10 yard penalty from the spot of the foul

Pass that along to Trevor....well no need. :D

I wouldn't post it here if I didn't razz him about it in person.

GO GUINS!
« Last Edit: October 31, 2014, 11:41:44 AM by ScarletRook »

Lets_Talk

« Reply #18 on: October 31, 2014, 11:21:50 AM »
I know SD can beat YSU. Any team can beat another team on a given day. What myself and a few others are saying(well at least me), is that SD has no business makingthis a close game, let alone winning. If both teams play the best they can play, YSU ought to win by 20+ points.

Massey is predicting 34-14
If using Sagarin, YSU 65.83 - SD 48.01...so, with the hom advantage, Sagarin ratings make YSU a 17 point favorite.
Nolan Power Index, YSU is 21st with rating of 84.97 and SD is 97th with rating of 51.89... That is 97th in FCS, not 97th in all of D1

A few more stats...SD has scored 20 or less points in all 4 road games this season, and they are 1-24 in their last 25 road games dating back to 2010. The lone win was last year at UNI.
SD has not won a game in November since 2011 against Missouri State at home

I will not be surprised if it ends up being a close game. Would not even be surprised if YSU found a way to lose. I just believe that it is the time of year where playoff caliber teams start to separate from the non playoff caliber teams. The 2012 and 2013 games were close, and YSU did not make the playoffs in either 2012 or 2013.

And, here is the craziest part of all. If I made a post pointing out how close the games were the past 2 years, said I expect YSU to be unfocused, make alot of mistakes and end up losing an ugly game due to poor coaching a players looking past SD, people would be bashing me for not being a "true fan".  ??? ??? ??? :-\ :-\

Offline ysubigred

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 31, 2014, 11:26:39 AM »
What's keeping me from getting overly excited about this year is last year! YSU is almost in the exact same boat as last year as far as success. 6-2 with a few good wins... A cup cake game at home to go 7-2 then the Guins have the toughest part of the schedule to close the season! Lose the last 3 games of the season to 3 very good teams and end up 7-5. Scary but a possibility  :(

Anyways,,, YSU 38-14
« Last Edit: October 31, 2014, 11:27:59 AM by ysubigred »

Offline ysuguins4

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 31, 2014, 12:07:44 PM »
"As long as our OL holds"

10 yard penalty from the spot of the foul

Pass that along to Trevor....well no need. :D

I wouldn't post it here if I didn't razz him about it in person.

GO GUINS!

With Trevor's wrestling success in high school and his hair, he is destined to be a pro wrestling star.

Offline ysuguins4

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 31, 2014, 12:38:51 PM »
Not only is their run defense really bad, but two weeks ago against MSU they lost their top running back and a starting OT to season ending injuries.  Derek Rivers and our running backs should have a big day.

YSU 34-10

Offline ScarletRook

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 31, 2014, 02:25:58 PM »
With Trevor's wrestling success in high school and his hair, he is destined to be a pro wrestling star.

I have called him "Barbie the Bruiser"

Offline ysufan0505

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 31, 2014, 07:00:08 PM »
If it's bad weather, that's gotta favor us since they play in a dome, eh?

Offline guinpen

• Global Moderator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 31, 2014, 09:05:51 PM »
Take a look at the fans in the stands tomorrow, those will be the real YSU fans.
“Life is hard, it’s harder if you're stupid” - John Wayne

Offline ysufan0505

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 31, 2014, 09:25:11 PM »
Take a look at the fans in the stands tomorrow, those will be the real YSU fans.

All 1,000 of us!

Offline WeAreYoungstown

• Humboldt Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 31, 2014, 09:59:36 PM »
I was at Charlie Staples today and he was handing out free tickets to everyone who ate lunch. Its nice to see people in the area that get it!

Offline DoubleE

• Royal Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 01, 2014, 01:53:52 PM »
I wish Charlie Staples would fix their sauce.....

Offline penguinpower

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 01, 2014, 02:28:58 PM »
Hunter is wayour off today. Is it the wind?

Lets_Talk

« Reply #29 on: November 01, 2014, 02:32:36 PM »
Better question. Why is YSU even passing, given they are playing against the worst running defense in the MVFC, and YSU has 2 of the best RB's in the MFVC to go along with an above average offensive line?