Author Topic: Youngstown State Mourns Loss of Former Coach Dan Peters  (Read 3153 times)

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
Youngstown State Mourns Loss of Former Coach Dan Peters
« on: October 27, 2014, 04:00:42 PM »
We all need to take a time-out and remember him in our prayers:

The Youngstown State Department of Intercollegiate Athletics mourns the loss of former men's basketball Head Coach Dan Peters. "Coach Pete" guided the Penguins from 1993-99.

Peters, who won 78 games at YSU, was named the Mid-Continent Conference Coach of the Year in 1998 after leading the Penguins to a 20-9 record and an appearance in the Mid-Con tournament championship game.

Statement from Youngstown State Executive Director of Intercollegiate Athletics Ron Strollo:
"We are deeply saddened to hear the tragic news of the passing of former Youngstown State Men's Basketball Head Coach Dan Peters. Dan was a cherished member of our athletic department from 1993-99 and remained a special part of our university and community. Our thoughts and prayers go to his wife, Nancy, his sons, Danny and Michael, and his entire family."

Statement from Youngstown State men's basketball Head Coach Jerry Slocum:
"I knew Dan for 20 years and there was not a finer person that was good for basketball. He was a gentleman, he always cared about his players and the people around him. He was what is good about this coaching profession. I wish to send my deepest condolences and prayers to Nancy, Danny and Michael and the entire Peters family."

ValleyTalk

Re: Youngstown State Mourns Loss of Former Coach Dan Peters
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2014, 04:18:20 PM »
My thoughts and prayers to a great coach and an even greater individual. May he rest in peace.

Offline ysufan0505

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2014, 04:40:15 PM »
RIP Dan!

Offline guinpen

• Global Moderator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2014, 08:57:04 PM »
That sucks, way too young. It blows my mind that we put men on the moon but cannot beat cancer.
“Life is hard, it’s harder if you're stupid” - John Wayne

Offline SoupCity

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2014, 08:57:39 PM »
RIP Coach Peters.  Far, far to soon to be taken away!!!