Author Topic: Hunter Wells today!!!  (Read 39426 times)

Offline ysufan0505

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: Hunter Wells today!!!
« Reply #45 on: October 22, 2014, 01:08:27 PM »
"The Colonel"

Offline YSUGO

• Global Moderator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 22, 2014, 10:26:54 PM »
Tidwell was a game manager wasnt that fast when  we would run any option with him it looked like he was in slow motion.  WE used to joke all the time that he was the slowest option QB in college football.  But he had a magical Senior season rarely made a mistake and led us to a title. Cochran was the best pure passer we have had under JT.  The offense was not a fit for him.  Ray was the true option QB ...he was a mediocre passer but when the game was on the line he found a way to win.   
A Penguin for life!!!

Offline penguinpower

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 22, 2014, 11:26:09 PM »
Tidwell was a game manager wasnt that fast when  we would run any option with him it looked like he was in slow motion.  WE used to joke all the time that he was the slowest option QB in college football.  But he had a magical Senior season rarely made a mistake and led us to a title. Cochran was the best pure passer we have had under JT.  The offense was not a fit for him.  Ray was the true option QB ...he was a mediocre passer but when the game was on the line he found a way to win.

You are correct.  Bit the reason is because he had an outstanding OL

Offline ysubigred

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 23, 2014, 02:25:14 PM »
He was also my favorite---I was fairly certain that Hess wasn't your favorite.Phar-Mor also had Phar-Mor money listed on their inventories than was actually there--which led to their rapid expansion as well as eventual downfall.

LOL.. Oh yes Mr. Hess the greatest paper Penguin of all times  :o

Offline seanbryan3

• Royal Penguin
  • 18 hours away and faithful.
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 25, 2014, 02:34:15 PM »
Need another strong game from Hunter today !
"Consistency is better than rare moments of greatness" Let's Go Guins!

Online guinpen

• Global Moderator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: October 25, 2014, 08:31:40 PM »
Need another strong game from Hunter today !

We got it
“Life is hard, it’s harder if you're stupid” - John Wayne

Offline seanbryan3

• Royal Penguin
  • 18 hours away and faithful.
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 25, 2014, 09:02:48 PM »
Yes sir we did. Lookin good, made a couple really nice throws today.
"Consistency is better than rare moments of greatness" Let's Go Guins!

Offline jjysuwin

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: October 26, 2014, 08:55:32 AM »
Anyone know Paladin to see if he's still eating well? Or has he entered depression for being wrong yet again!
"Make no mistake, MSU is not going to be a top half of the Big 10 team. They are lower half. That O of theirs is due to be manhandled." - paladin

"Hunter Wells isn't ready next year for D-I football" - paladin

Hunter Wells Stat Tracker: 17/23 303 yds, 4TDs, 242.0 QB Rating

Offline DavedS

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 26, 2014, 09:19:30 AM »
If he's eating ,hopefully its Wabbit Stew that the Hunter just made! ;)

Offline Dmorton

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: October 26, 2014, 09:19:41 PM »
You all obsess about Paladin too much!  I think he does add to the board with his analysis and preseason prognostications.  He certainly has everyone talking! His opinions are his right or wrong!  Hell!  I don't mind eating crow if YSU wins, and thought they we lose.  I was estatic this past weekend.  I certainly thought they would lose against SD St.  We still have five tough games ahead.  I hoping we don't trip up on a game we should win, but then again in this conference any game is a challenge.

Offline DavedS

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: October 27, 2014, 08:36:11 AM »
You all obsess about Paladin too much!  I think he does add to the board with his analysis and preseason prognostications.  He certainly has everyone talking! His opinions are his right or wrong!  Hell!  I don't mind eating crow if YSU wins, and thought they we lose.  I was estatic this past weekend.  I certainly thought they would lose against SD St.  We still have five tough games ahead.  I hoping we don't trip up on a game we should win, but then again in this conference any game is a challenge.
Agree with everything you say 100% except the obsessing with Paladin--its just part of keeping the message board lively--I give him props for sticking his neck out with his analysis and prognostications and I do value a lot of what he has to say but also do enjoy the barbs if he ends up being wrong--bottom line he is instrumental in keeping some well needed life in this board IMHO.

Offline jjysuwin

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: October 27, 2014, 08:59:35 AM »
If he's so instrumental in keeping this board lively, why doesn't he post after wins?

I'm sorry, but I have no respect for anyone who can only be negative. If he can post stuff calling for the coaches an ad's firing without any merit, and pump his chest everytime we lose. We can pump our chest after we win. It's called being a passionate, loyal fan. I am a YSU homer, through and through. YSU winning means everything to me. I won't respect those who only post after losses. Too many negative people in Youngstown that bring the area down!
"Make no mistake, MSU is not going to be a top half of the Big 10 team. They are lower half. That O of theirs is due to be manhandled." - paladin

"Hunter Wells isn't ready next year for D-I football" - paladin

Hunter Wells Stat Tracker: 17/23 303 yds, 4TDs, 242.0 QB Rating

Offline DavedS

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: October 27, 2014, 09:03:20 AM »
To me that makes the win even sweeter--I love it when negative posters have to eat their words ;D

Offline penguinpower

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: October 27, 2014, 10:54:58 AM »
I think Paladin is a critic's critic.  When he is on other web sites he is not critical.  He's just our negative nelly.

Offline paladin

• Emperor Penguin
  • Paladin
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: October 28, 2014, 05:11:48 PM »
I'll keep this short but sweet. You are welcome to enjoy a win with Wells. However, let me remind you why he was passed over by D-I colleges -- against SDS, he threw two passes into the hands of the SDS D and they dropped both. Could have been 2 INT with different game results. He threw a swing pass to Stubbs under NO DURESS around 5-10 yds away and threw it in the dirt. His accuracy at times was  erratic as he overthrew and threw behind receivers. However Montgomery keeps him in short  throws for the most part so he avoids sacks and being pressured into throwing it up for grabs. He did get sacked as pressure was applied and he wilted. As he becomes known, MVFC teams will zero in on his flaws and the  Ds will become more prepared for Wells.Colleges passed on him because of the above reasons and more. Yet, so far he's been lucky to win ( didn't win the MSU game he played 3 quarters in) games he started. Reality is still out there and yet to be confronted.

And other than one long throw to Williams ( yes, it was a nice pass), don't look now but Montgomery is turning him into a system QB and he's doing it to hide the flaws I've mentioned. You don't have to agree, just keep your eyes open.