Author Topic: Hunter Wells today!!!  (Read 39473 times)

Offline YSUGO

• Global Moderator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Hunter Wells today!!!
« on: October 18, 2014, 09:20:10 PM »
I was present at the game and this kid made all the throws. He is the real deal ..I know our resident talent guru disagrees I have seen alot of football in my life and YSU got a good one.  He makes everybody better on offense and he showed poise today as well. 
A Penguin for life!!!

Offline SoupCity

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: Hunter Wells today!!!
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2014, 09:22:50 PM »
This kid could end up being very special.  He's going to make some mistakes, but damn he has a big time arm.  Actually moves pretty well too.  He may keep a lot of games close with his throwing ability.

Offline penguinpower

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2014, 09:47:00 PM »
Wow
 I'm pressed.  He is the real deal.  Indefensible passes.  We have a good one.

Paladin?

kforbs126

« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2014, 09:51:37 PM »
He is definitely the real deal.  The throws he was making were pretty amazing.  The offense seems more fluid with him out there. 

ValleyTalk

« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2014, 09:59:27 PM »
Paladin, let's hear your nonsense about Weenie games and Pat Angle. Two very impressive starts for Wells.

Offline paladin

• Emperor Penguin
  • Paladin
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2014, 10:56:26 PM »
YSU got lucky today. Wells only had 2 fumbles and 1 INT . Stay tuned. Keep those smiling faces because you are going to have to bear the burden when the losses come . Notice how the coaches keep him in short throws ?  The yardage built up with RAC. There is a reason for that and as the MVFC catches up with Mr. Wells, Montgomery may not have another rabbit to pull out of his hat.  There are a number of reasons  why he only got 1 D-I offer (YSU) in a county ( Stark) that is heavily recruited . I have already told you he isn't much  of a running threat and coughs up the ball when he does. He tends to  hang long balls which is a golden invitation for INTs. CRedit the OL today who gave him decent protection, but you'll soon see what happens when he gets pressured and it aint' pretty. But , Montgomery knows his faults and will keep him in short throws  as long  as he can. The MVFC will catch  up.  We will see how long those of you think he is Wonderboy.

Offline penguinpower

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2014, 11:11:18 PM »
Paladin tje.only.mistake he made today was not stepping up in the pocket.   The one was a route issue. He is nothe a read option qb. He is a pocket passer.  A  power o qb.  I like him and he isaid extremely accurate.  What is you point?

Offline paladin

• Emperor Penguin
  • Paladin
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2014, 11:23:00 PM »
My point is he was passed over because he makes lots of mistakes ( fumbles, INTs and doesn't handle pressure well). Montgomery is keeping him on a short leash with simple short throws. The league will catch on to that, take it away and YSU will be done with a QB who is no longer a threat. Enjoy the win. Yep he is strictly a passing QB and when they jump on that............................

Think otherwise ? Stay tuned then. It just getting started.  Grab some popcorn.

kforbs126

« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2014, 11:32:51 PM »
He's a damn freshman.  Paladin I don't think anyone respects anything you say.  Frankly I just roll my eyes every time I see you post.  Give up your f'ing act.  You aren't a YSU supporter just a hater.

ValleyTalk

« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2014, 11:35:06 PM »
My point is he was passed over because he makes lots of mistakes ( fumbles, INTs and doesn't handle pressure well). Montgomery is keeping him on a short leash with simple short throws. The league will catch on to that, take it away and YSU will be done with a QB who is no longer a threat. Enjoy the win. Yep he is strictly a passing QB and when they jump on that............................

Ooh let's hear your political predictions Nostradamus.

Someone seems a bit salty Patrick Angle never played a down at YSU. I will take Stark County over Logan, OH every time. How many offers did Angle have again???

Offline paladin

• Emperor Penguin
  • Paladin
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 18, 2014, 11:46:29 PM »
REspect ?   ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Hilarious. No one respected my calls for losing years when I first came on here.   And lose they did to everyone's  chagrin.  Back to back when everyone was predicting winning seasons with the "great" coach H. Did they respect my opinion when I told everyone the talent level was falling and YSU resorted to running a H.S. O making itself look ridiculous while the season record dropped year by year ?  I was early claiming  Heacock couldn't recruit and was a poor HC. Cat calls left and right. THey final canned a coach   I warned about YEARS early. Respect ?

Grab some popcorn. I don't give a damn for any respect here because most are a day   LATE AND A DOLLAR SHORT IN THEIR   OUTLOOK HERE. No one showed any respect when I was proven right time after time  after time.  Time is on my side. Remember what you are all saying now !  ;D

Offline ysufan0505

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 19, 2014, 12:02:03 AM »

1. INT was a miscommunication with WR
2. Take what the defense gives you, he throws and makes deep balls (Unlike Hess)
3. When they jump on the fact that he's a strictly a passing QB??? Like 3/4 of of the QB's in college football lol
4. Fumble was his fault, but Montgomery should not put him in that situation (Topic for another day)

Offline jjysuwin

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 19, 2014, 12:21:25 AM »
Paladin said michigan state was one of the worst teams in the big 10 last year. Msu won the rose bowl, finished ranked 4th nationally. Tells you everything you need to know about her.
"Make no mistake, MSU is not going to be a top half of the Big 10 team. They are lower half. That O of theirs is due to be manhandled." - paladin

"Hunter Wells isn't ready next year for D-I football" - paladin

Hunter Wells Stat Tracker: 17/23 303 yds, 4TDs, 242.0 QB Rating

Offline penguinpower

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 19, 2014, 12:26:04 AM »

Hunter is a power offense qb. Not a read oprion sissy.  He made some excelent throws today. They were outstanding.   How can you spew this crap? He is waaaaaaay better than Hess or any other qb we've had in the last 20 yrs.  And he is only a freshman.   What kind of crack are you smoking?   He is fantastic.  He put the ball where nobody could get to it on multiple throws
« Last Edit: October 19, 2014, 12:28:20 AM by penguinpower »

Lets_Talk

« Reply #14 on: October 19, 2014, 12:26:57 AM »
Hunter Wells is a very nice QB. Sure he makes mistakes, EVERY QB in the country makes mistakes. Plus, he is a true freshman. He seems to have alot of composure for a Freshman. And he seems to do a good job of leading the team when he is on the field.

I do agree that he is a passing QB who is not much of a threat to run. The thing is, YSU has 2 very good Running backs, so they do not need a running QB. Especially given YSU also has several quality receivers. I do not know how the final 5 games will play out, but in my opinion, Hunter Wells gives YSU the best possibility of winning NOW. And, it is easy to see he has the potential to be a very good QB over the course of his career, barring serious injury or illness.

It is also nice to have a capable QB in Dante Nania as the backup if Wells were to get injured.

Paladin, I like reading your posts most of the time. I like that you give your opinions, and you provide alot of insight with your posts. The one thing that bothers me is you seem to have a hard time admitting when you are wrong as far as projecting how a player will do, or how the team will do in a given game or an entire season. There are plenty of times you are right, but there are also times you are wrong. Would just be nice if you could admit when you are wrong. There is not a single person in this world who is correct all of the time.