Author Topic: The new coach: what credentials would you like to see?  (Read 73530 times)

Offline ysufan0505

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: The new coach: what credentials would you like to see?
« Reply #105 on: November 15, 2014, 07:23:59 PM »
Somebody NOT from Youngstown or ANY Youngstown ties please.... New fresh set of eyes.

Offline YSUGO

• Global Moderator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: November 15, 2014, 08:00:31 PM »
I feel like we are so close to being a good team.  Its frustrating how we dont do the little things...game management..keeping our composure ..using more than one page of the playbook...when we fall apart its a trainwreck.  The life has been sucked out of Stambaugh and the fan base.  The program since it has joined this league has regressed to the point that no team fears us and even the officals dont bring their A game.  The titles we have won have been wasted and now whats left of our tradition and our program is unrecogizable. We have to rethink if the league is a good fit...travel rivalrys ..recruiting ..etc.. I think we need a complete overhaul and housecleaning. 
A Penguin for life!!!

Offline SoupCity

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: November 15, 2014, 08:08:21 PM »
And please, PLEASE no one with ties to Y-town or OSU.  Let's see this program start with a fresh face.

Offline YSURON

• Rock Hopper Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: November 15, 2014, 10:32:43 PM »
Been told Wolf is going to resign sometime after N.D.S.U. game. Going to join Spurrier.

Lets_Talk

« Reply #109 on: November 22, 2014, 05:21:10 PM »
Honestly, how can Strollo and Tressel justify keeping Wolford after these final 3 games? YSU is making the NDSU QB look like the QB from Baylor. On top of that, Indy State is losing 27-12 in 4th qtr at WIU.

This is the 5th season for Wolford. He got pretty much everything he wanted. Pay close to or double that of Heacock. Higher pay for assistants. WATTS..upgrades to everything behind the scenes that needed upgraded. The guy can in talking brash from Day #1. Trashing Heacock from Day 1. Trashing the players still in program who were recruited by Heacock. That included players such as Kurt Hess, Jelani Barassa and Jamaine Cook. He made blanket statements about the ENTIRE ROSTER that he inherited.

Wolford constantly bashes players in the media. Get's mad at people for not going to games, then blames fans for making too much noise when YSU is on defense. Blames media for things that are not fault of media. Every year, attendance decreases. Attendance, actual in the stadium, is back to where it was the first few years under Tressel. Back when an FCS program was in it's infancy and being built.

If Wolford is the man he talks himself up to be, he will resign after this game. Wolford will have no problem finding an assistant coaching position at an FBS school. Between contacts he has himself, and those of Tressel, he will land at an FBS school as a position coach at worst. It's been 5 years. This is just not working. Cannot be much fun for anyone involved, including Wolford himself. So, why continue the misery and think things will be different "next year".

Who knows, maybe 5-10 years from now, Wolf can give being an HC a shot at a different school? He would not be the first person to have mediocre results in first time as HC, get fired/resign, go back to being an assistant, and then eventually get hired someplace else as HC. I do not know Wolford as a person. Only know what I see of him as HC. And, I truly believe the best thing for all involved is for Wolford to move on to another school. There might even be lower tier FCS schools that would hire Wolford as HC. And, again, at worst, he gets hired as a position coach at an FBS school in a "Power 5" Conference.

Spiderlegs

« Reply #110 on: November 22, 2014, 05:30:28 PM »
I want someone who is a good teacher, who can teach the players how to get to the next level.  Yelling at them when they make mistakes is not good teaching.

Offline ysufan0505

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: November 22, 2014, 05:33:43 PM »
Someone who can actually coach up players and make them better in the 4 years they are here! Not just recruit the good athletes and waste their talent...

Offline peteonastick

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: November 22, 2014, 06:49:28 PM »
Brian Wright is in the mix!
THE DRIVE FOR 5

Offline HLecter

• Emperor Penguin
  • I HATE MIAMI.
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: November 22, 2014, 09:00:00 PM »
Hey what's up clowns?

This is my first post this year.  I have to say I haven't missed any of your predictions, pejoratives and pissed-offedness (yes that is a word)

YSU football has sunk to levels of Thiel or Hiram but without the attendance.  Good Lord and WTF?

Bye-bye Wolf.   I can't even say "nice try".

I would like to end this with a message to Paladin------Dude, your boy Obama has f***ed up this country as bad as Wolfie has f***ed up YSU football   :P

To those of you who are going to complain about me putting a political line in there-----GO f*** YOURSELVES.

See y'all next year.

HL
« Last Edit: November 22, 2014, 09:12:00 PM by guinpen »
I HATE MIAMI.  WATERBOARDING IS NOT TORTURE.  ABORTION IS.

I missed a four-footer for par the other day--THAT DAMN BUSH!

Offline paladin

• Emperor Penguin
  • Paladin
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: November 22, 2014, 09:04:31 PM »
Lecter............. how are you ?  Someone told me you were dead !.. I guess that's because no one saw you with free tickets this year !

As always, your party ruined the country that everyone can't fix !  ;D

Offline guinpen

• Global Moderator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: November 22, 2014, 09:17:48 PM »
Good to see that you are still out there HL.
“Life is hard, it’s harder if you're stupid” - John Wayne

Offline HLecter

• Emperor Penguin
  • I HATE MIAMI.
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: November 22, 2014, 09:24:21 PM »
LOL

Paladin   You nailed it.  I am the KING of free tickets.

p.s.  I have morphed into a Libertarian.   Started smoking weed, no longer practice safe sex (or any sex), gonna buy a gun and get a Harley.

Offline paladin

• Emperor Penguin
  • Paladin
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: November 22, 2014, 09:30:34 PM »
Lecter............... you'd make a great  Hell's Angel...............lol

Gotta have lots of sex to be a Hell's Angel however, lol

Offline HLecter

• Emperor Penguin
  • I HATE MIAMI.
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: November 23, 2014, 12:16:45 AM »
Good to see that you are still out there HL.

TY Guinpen

Good to be here.

Offline Dmorton

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: November 23, 2014, 09:10:51 AM »
NICE TO SEE YOU BACK HANNIBAL!!!!