Author Topic: YSU at Missouri State in-Game Thread  (Read 54763 times)

Offline seanbryan3

• Royal Penguin
  • 18 hours away and faithful.
    • View Profile
Re: YSU at Missouri State in-Game Thread
« Reply #135 on: October 06, 2014, 07:33:12 AM »
YSUFAN505 i think.. I agree my man with the TE! It's like we don't have one, and Nate is an athletic and talented football player! Nice to get him involved. I still love drag routes with receivers as well, we don't run many, actually we never throw the ball in the middle of the field, wish we did sometimes.

Yep, would be nice to have Nate going down the seams and Bryan who is very sure handed coming across the middle. Where is any of that? And we need to get Wheary back, who is quick and can run some good routes.

I agree 100%. Ton of skill on the offensive side of the ball. If you recall an Eric Wolford press conference after the Michigan State a** beating last year he stated, "Never again will Christian Bryan go a game without a catch". We don't even target the kid anymore, and he has excellent hands. Nate is great player who can block and catch as well.. As far as Wheary, im pretty sure my brother said he just got redshirted for the season. Michael has been banged up since beginning of camp.
"Consistency is better than rare moments of greatness" Let's Go Guins!

Offline ysufan0505

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: October 06, 2014, 09:21:38 AM »
YSUFAN505 i think.. I agree my man with the TE! It's like we don't have one, and Nate is an athletic and talented football player! Nice to get him involved. I still love drag routes with receivers as well, we don't run many, actually we never throw the ball in the middle of the field, wish we did sometimes.

Yep, would be nice to have Nate going down the seams and Bryan who is very sure handed coming across the middle. Where is any of that? And we need to get Wheary back, who is quick and can run some good routes.

I agree 100%. Ton of skill on the offensive side of the ball. If you recall an Eric Wolford press conference after the Michigan State a** beating last year he stated, "Never again will Christian Bryan go a game without a catch". We don't even target the kid anymore, and he has excellent hands. Nate is great player who can block and catch as well.. As far as Wheary, im pretty sure my brother said he just got redshirted for the season. Michael has been banged up since beginning of camp.

Thanks for the insight! Sure wish your brother would be more involved in the offense!

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #137 on: October 06, 2014, 11:48:07 AM »
I have always loved Christian. He has always been so sure-handed & he plays very tall.

Offline ysuguins4

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: October 09, 2014, 12:42:58 PM »
Cejudo takes so long to punt the ball. This is gonna be a problem all season long

Watched the reply last night.  Adams did not get enough of the guy that got his hand on the ball.

Offline MrGuin

• Rock Hopper Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: October 09, 2014, 08:18:20 PM »
Yes. It was definitely a missed blocking assignment, not much a punter can do at that point. The punting has improved recently at least he's starting to average over 40 yards per game now. It was defintely sub par in the first few games

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #140 on: October 10, 2014, 07:36:58 AM »
On the other hand ...err foot ...his kicking is something else. So much leg  :D  The improvement in D can be tied directly to his kick-offs.

Offline seanbryan3

• Royal Penguin
  • 18 hours away and faithful.
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: October 10, 2014, 08:11:28 AM »
I have always loved Christian. He has always been so sure-handed & he plays very tall.

He works very hard, and I would say he is very humble. Would love to see him get the ball a little bit more, he has been dependable since day one, if you recall his first ever game was his Freshman Year against Michigan State and he caught 6 passes in the first half, multiple of which were on 3rd down. I never try to be bias, or a homer because he is my brother, but the kid should see the ball a little more because he has proven to be able to make a play. 46 receptions freshman year was very fun to watch. But on another note, for those of you who do not know him well, he is the ultimate team player and is willing to do whatever for the team, and whatever the staff asks of him. You'll never hear him complaining about getting the ball. I credit alot of how he acts to Andre Coleman, he and Christian were very close.
"Consistency is better than rare moments of greatness" Let's Go Guins!

Offline Karl Hungus

• Humboldt Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: October 10, 2014, 08:55:50 AM »
Christian reminds me of Wes Welker. Precise patterns & not afraid to cross the middle  and great hands. :)