Author Topic: Indiana State  (Read 45811 times)

Offline Penguin Nation

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: Indiana State
« Reply #90 on: November 16, 2014, 01:28:44 PM »
What if............what if they f------ win next week??

Any given Saturday.  It could happen.  Imagine.....not only an at-large bid, then likely a first round win against a 1AAA autobid, and a contract extension for the Wolf.

I would like to see it happen.  I don't want to cause anyone to have a seizure but I like the Wolf, but do realize he has overpromised and underperformed.  In a non-MVFC conference, YSU would have had a much better fate in terms of record and playoff selection, so all is not entirely his fault.  I do think with the returning talent, YSU could be incredible next year.

Against NDSU, I am hoping for the best, but unfortunately expect an arse beating.
"These two cats that we played against from Youngstown State were as good of pass rushers as I've seen"

--WVU Head Coach Dana Holgorsen

Offline DavedS

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: November 16, 2014, 02:21:44 PM »
Still have another week left guys. Let's stay positive and support the kids and see what they do against NDSU.
Agreed---although I won't be shocked if NDSU beats us handily,we still can beat them---WIU nearly did and UNI beat them by 20pts.I think we've beaten them 4 out of 8 tries and they always had an outstanding team and if Wolf had run the clock down a few years ago one of their wins in the last seconds would've been a loss.On that last int by ISU the defender made an incredible catch--although we could've and should've beat ISU I was still proud that the boys did not give up--most of the lucky breaks in this game went ISU's way.I was also glad to see them finally use #44 Nate Adams,he is a huge offensive weapon that has been sorely neglected!

Offline ysufan0505

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: November 16, 2014, 03:02:30 PM »
Love how Wolf said that we have 3 wins against ranked teams... Yeah, at the time. Southern Illinois and Missouri St stink are in the bottom of the league now. SDSU win looks good but Sumner didn't play so that W comes with an asterisk. Just give it up buddy.

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #93 on: November 16, 2014, 08:35:02 PM »
At this point I am too frustrated to comment. I just want NDSU to fall before the title game so our 4 titles stands alone. That is BY FAR, the most important thing to me right now. I know that at some point, the new coach for NDSU has to put his mark on the team, when that happens the gravy train is over for at least a few seasons. I thought it would happen this year, but I guess not. Has to happen next year. What is important is that another MVFC team (besides the Bison) takes the title this year.

Offline Dmorton

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: November 16, 2014, 09:20:12 PM »
YSU has only 11 seniors leaving this year.  I too think the returning talent will be incredible, but at some point we have to stop laying eggs on games we should win handily, expecially at home.  We should have beaten Illinois, W Ill. and Ind State, this three games alone hurt.  We also committed the same stupid mistakes game in, game out in successive weeks.  Why were these not cleaned up? Those mistakes killed us in these games alone.  Here again though! the talent that is here will raise it's head next year, and Wofford is solely responsible for that!

Offline DavedS

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: November 17, 2014, 11:24:51 AM »
Talent level is definitely very high--mistakes need to be minimized and unsportsmanlike conduct penalties totally eliminated--teams that conquer those 2 items are usually champions.Four turnovers against a team that has beaten UNI and Ball State should've resulted in a blowout instead of a measly 3 point loss--this shows how good we can be when we clean things up.

Offline ysuguins4

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: November 17, 2014, 12:45:01 PM »
Disappointing.  Cannot turn the ball over against a good team, and expect to win.

Offline FOOTBALLFEVER

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: November 17, 2014, 01:16:36 PM »
 overall best post by DavedS summing up the 2014 football squad to this point. When you can play at your worst and still have a chance to win every game in your conference that's not such a bad problem to have. At the end of the day you win and lose as a team. The coaches can't carry the ball, throw the ball, kick the ball, block, tackle, cover receivers or control a players conduct on the field. All what they can do is pre-pare the players to the best of their ability before game time. That I think they do. My two biggest complaints are the offensive play calling by Montgomery and the overall game management by Wolford and lack of enthusiasm by players. If the players execute and the staff can put together a great game plan and not choke a win against the Bison is not out of the Question !!

Offline seanbryan3

• Royal Penguin
  • 18 hours away and faithful.
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: November 17, 2014, 01:20:17 PM »
Football fever, I agree. This game is by no means out of reach. They need to call their best game on saturday, and the players need to execute. Both those factors have not clicked together once all season. Saturday is the Time.
"Consistency is better than rare moments of greatness" Let's Go Guins!