Author Topic: PantherU Season Previews  (Read 1919 times)

Offline PantherU

• Rock Hopper Penguin
    • View Profile
PantherU Season Previews
« on: September 19, 2014, 07:55:54 PM »
Hey YSU bball fans, I've decided that the PantherU.com season previews this year will be themed similar to Deadspin's "Why Your Team Sucks" series, with me playing the part of Drew Magary and previewing/making fun of your team and you all doing your worst to tear down your own team in a funny way. It's all in good fun, something to change the pace of the Horizon League's usual mundane previews and see if we can all laugh at ourselves as well.

As a sign of goodwill, there's no team that I'm going to rip on harder than the Milwaukee Panthers, since it's my own team and I don't want you all to think I'm just taking pot shots at your programs without getting any in return. It's not going to be difficult writing about my own team, since we have plenty of crap to easily make fun of.

You're free to send vitriol about other teams, but I really want fans to take it to their own programs and rip them in a fun, anonymous way. When it's all said and done, you can turn your attention to how crappy the previews were and make fun of me for totally screwing it up.

To give you an idea of how these things work, here is Magary taking it to the Green Bay Packers in Deadspin's season preview for the team last month:

http://deadspin.com/why-your-team-sucks-2014-green-bay-packers-1627477893

I thought I'd do this after reading Detroit fan Commissioner's season preview of Milwaukee that was posted on our board. There was so much hate, I thought to myself 'this team is too easy to make fun of and have a good time doing it, why be pissed off the entire time?'

So please, send your worst comments on your own team to jimmy@pantheru.com, and expect these previews to be published some time in October.