Author Topic: Night Game: St. Francis  (Read 17716 times)

Offline HappyPenguin

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: Night Game: St. Francis
« Reply #15 on: September 19, 2014, 10:35:54 AM »
63-14
I don't know about that.

They have the #1 RB in FCS right now in Khairi Dickson - 608 yards over 3 games = 203 yards per game. He rushed for 216 vs. JMU in front of 23,000 fans. Our rush defense better be ready to go. Fortunately they are a heavy run team so hopefully we can shut them down as I feel we have a better rush defense as opposed to our pass defense.

49-17

Wow didnt realize that. Thanks for the info now my interest for the game has increased 10 fold. Nice test for the run D.

Offline OleYSUfan

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 19, 2014, 12:47:31 PM »
penguinpower; it would be nice to see a shutout, but I believe that is hopeless. The Red Flash gave James Madison a fight and apparently have a good offensive line capable of opening large holes for the running game. I do expect YSU to win by 14 points.

YSU 35
St.F 21 

Offline ysubigred

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 19, 2014, 03:53:18 PM »
penguinpower; it would be nice to see a shutout, but I believe that is hopeless. The Red Flash gave James Madison a fight and apparently have a good offensive line capable of opening large holes for the running game. I do expect YSU to win by 14 points.

YSU 35
St.F 21

Since ole' fat boy (HC forgot his name?! :) left JMU and was replaced by Everett Withers they are a shell of what JMU used to be. "IF" YSU don't fare better against SF then JUM did it will be a long season.

Offline OleYSUfan

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 19, 2014, 04:18:38 PM »
Big Red: I noticed in the JMU/SF game box score, JMU had two pass interceptions and three fumbles of which they loss two. JMU had 4 turnovers which allowed ST. Francis to keep the score close. I agree YSU should handle SF with ease, but I have seen YSU look pretty bad on defense at times in the last 4 years and never feel sure what might happen. 

Offline penguinpower

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 19, 2014, 06:35:56 PM »

Preview from them

Watch "Saint Francis vs. Youngstown State Football Previ…" on YouTube
Saint Francis vs. Youngstown State Football Previ…: http://youtu.be/WQjSmBKte70

ValleyTalk

« Reply #20 on: September 19, 2014, 11:14:57 PM »
Massey:
YSU 38-13

Vegas Line:
YSU -25
over/under 53.5 points

Lets_Talk

« Reply #21 on: September 20, 2014, 11:40:27 AM »
Is the online fee free, or is there a charge to watch the game online? I might want to watch a bit of the game, as I've not yet watched YSU play this year. But, there is no way I will pay to watch this game, or any YSU football game on the internet.

Offline penguinpower

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 20, 2014, 12:28:34 PM »
Have to pay. Stretch Internet sucks ass.  You are screwed .I wish that they would fire stretch Internet

Lets_Talk

« Reply #23 on: September 20, 2014, 01:54:27 PM »
I figured there was a fee. That is soooooooooooooooooooooo stupid. The last 2 seasons, I watched all the home games from here in Vegas. I even watched until the final play of that horrible final game loss to SDSU. I can understand wanting to make some additional revenue. I can also understand the thinking that if games are available for free on the internet, then people who live close enough to attend games might stay home.

The problem though, is the fan base keeps getting older. There are more people each year who are loyal fans, but no longer able to make it to games due to health reasons. Then there are those of us who live thousands of miles away. Add in 1 playoff appearance in the last 13 seasons, and making people pay for games is ludicrous. Especially if the quality of the broadcast is terrible. This is yet another way to alienate the fan base. Those of us who do not attend games may not provide any revenue to the University, but we can donate money if we are in a position to do so and wish to do so. And, the vast majority of people who live in the Ytown area and watch on-line likely are not attending the games now that the internet feed is no longer free.

I hope this same thing is not done for the basketball games. I watch as many games as possible, both men and women thanks to the HL network on line. I will not watch if there is a fee. Heck, I can watch UNLV football games on-line for free. They stink, but they are an FBS school. Last weeks home game against NIU was on-line for free The games are aired by the MWC Network on line. Today's game at Houston is on ESPN3. And, UNLV has trouble averaging the 15,000 fans required for home games. Stadium is 5-7 miles from campus, program has been bad for a long time, there is so much to do here entertainment wise, and this is first and foremost a basketball town. With no pro team, the Runnin Rebels(only the basketball team has Runnin in their name) are our pro team.

Point being, an FBS school which has trouble drawing fans offers home games on-line for free, while YSU, and FCS team now charges for games on-line. Would be interesting if Scalzo or some other member of the media can find out how many people pay to watch the YSU games on the internet, and how much profit YSU makes from charging for the games. If the net is $5,000 - $10,000 per game, that is $15,000 - $30,000 for these 3 OOC games alone. But, if the net is only a few hundred dollars, or even say $1,000-$2,000 per game, not sure if it is worth alienating even more people than have already been alienated.

Offline penguinpower

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 20, 2014, 02:00:46 PM »
I agree. Stretch Internet is an embarrassment. I could do better with home made equipment.  It stops 18 times a game. It pixilated.  sh**ty technology.

What's worse is the broadcast.   Someone tell Balash to have wfmj donate an HD camera.  Or somebody with big bucks play please donate one.  Maybe the HD broadcast would cause a day a overload that would burn down all of stretch Internet's equipment and put them out of business.

Then maybe we could see the ball
« Last Edit: September 20, 2014, 03:55:53 PM by penguinpower »

Offline penguinpower

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 20, 2014, 03:32:07 PM »
The NDSU vs Montana game is free and on ESPN 3 in High definition and we have stretch Internet on the first color TV camera. Wtf? What a joke. If we want to be big time and get the best then we need to invest here.  This is advertising
« Last Edit: September 20, 2014, 03:56:43 PM by penguinpower »

Offline penguinpower

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 20, 2014, 05:09:34 PM »
And espn is not broadcasting.   It is local for them just like us. Their quality is waaaaaay better

Offline seanbryan3

• Royal Penguin
  • 18 hours away and faithful.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 21, 2014, 12:09:43 PM »
 fb fb Always nice to get an easy "W"... We could have beat that team by 70 if we wanted to, but we had to keep it interesting for a while as usual. Runningback for St Francis was very fun to watch, talented football player now doubt! Would have been nicer to see Stambaugh Stadium filled a little bit more though! Nice to see some game times different from the norm, the Guins have 2 night games this season! Would be cool to see them have a noon start early in the season as well!  And you guys are all right with the streaming network for the games, my god is it horrible!!! Between the picture and the sound, I don't know which is worse! But at least we are given to the opportunity to watch the Penguins from home when we are unable to make it to the game.
"Consistency is better than rare moments of greatness" Let's Go Guins!

Offline seanbryan3

• Royal Penguin
  • 18 hours away and faithful.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 21, 2014, 12:11:57 PM »
The NDSU vs Montana game is free and on ESPN 3 in High definition and we have stretch Internet on the first color TV camera. Wtf? What a joke. If we want to be big time and get the best then we need to invest here.  This is advertising

I agree! Advertising is big, and in today's day in age it means a lot to these players and families!
"Consistency is better than rare moments of greatness" Let's Go Guins!

Offline letsgoguins

• Rock Hopper Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 21, 2014, 12:44:16 PM »
I will say this, St. Francis was not good competition, but besides Crockett at NDSU and Zenner at SDSU, we will not face a tougher RB this year. The experience against Dickson last night should help us in the rush defense department.