Author Topic: Night Game: St. Francis  (Read 17714 times)

ValleyTalk

Night Game: St. Francis
« on: September 14, 2014, 10:10:57 PM »
The Red Flash of St. Francis invade Stambaugh for a night game this Saturday. Early weather forecasts show mid 70s and sunny skies! If the weather stays nice, as it appears it will all week, we should see a bigger crowd even if it is against a weaker opponent.

St. Francis did give JMU a game before JMU got some breathing room in the second half to win 38-22.

Predictions?

Offline paladin

• Emperor Penguin
  • Paladin
    • View Profile
Re: Night Game: St. Francis
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2014, 10:41:44 PM »
YSU, 45-21

Offline ysufan0505

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2014, 11:04:08 PM »
Depends on who starts at QB... Honestly at this point I feel better with Wells than I do Nania. I believe the offense flows better with Hunter as well.

Offline jjysuwin

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2014, 08:11:30 AM »
I agree with the commentor above. It's impossible to give a scoring prediction without knowing who the QB is.
"Make no mistake, MSU is not going to be a top half of the Big 10 team. They are lower half. That O of theirs is due to be manhandled." - paladin

"Hunter Wells isn't ready next year for D-I football" - paladin

Hunter Wells Stat Tracker: 17/23 303 yds, 4TDs, 242.0 QB Rating

Offline HappyPenguin

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2014, 02:14:05 PM »
YSU - as many as they want

Saint Frank - however many they can get from our boneheaded D play, specifically the lack of pressure. Not harping on that point though  :o

Offline ScarletRook

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2014, 03:58:35 PM »
I think our D play last weekend was a broader indication of the injuries more than coaching or talent.
Hats off to Bryant for making half time adjustments.  Amazing how that helps your game.

Offline penguinpower

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2014, 08:02:09 PM »
The DL was impressive against Illinois.   Don't know where they've been since the second quarter of the Duquesne game.  It is troubling to me. I don't believe that it is lack of talent.   It has to be lack of leadership because the team plays well together at times.  If Heacock had this defense I suspect that they would be ranked toward the top of the league.  The fundamentals are lacking in a bad way.  I don't see that many physical mismatches.  That is why the leadership part comes into the fold when considering the difference between the games

Offline HappyPenguin

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2014, 08:04:47 AM »
Yeah our guys pass the eye test. Just seems like technique or play calling is missing. Could be leadership and effort level too as noted.

I dont recall seeing twists or stunts up front. I didnt see anyone giving much of an effort to pull of a swim move, rip, etc.

Looks like they all 4 stand up, go straight ahead until the meet the O-line, then hand fight.

I dont get it. Maybe they are afraid of them getting out of positions on runs...but on 3rd and long? Our only change then is occasionally and outside blitzer.

Then we all get to see the 15+ yard deep middle pass everyone loves  8)

Offline YSUFANSINCE1990

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2014, 09:19:13 AM »
St Francis in their opener allowed 52 points to Fordham!!!  You think it matters who plays  QB?  If Ricky Davis starts he will look like a star.  Don't go overboard on Hunter Wells just yet, our competion the three games leading up to Missouri State is awful.

Hunter Wells may be the real deal, but very difficult to judge his play or the entire team against this kind of competition.  One last thought on attendance, we have been an average program for more than a decade, thats why we have average or below average crowds.   

Offline ysufan0505

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2014, 09:58:51 AM »
One thing I noticed last week. They really picked on Jaylin Kelly throwing in his area at MLB. He's a bigger LB so change of direction isn't as easy for him as others. He needs to sure up that middle of the field otherwise MVFC teams will eat him alive.

ValleyTalk

« Reply #10 on: September 17, 2014, 10:03:43 PM »
"@WeAreYoungstown: Youngstown has no excuse not to Pack Stambaugh this Saturday! 80 degrees, sunny skies, #15 in country, and no OSU/ND game! #BeThere #YSU 🏈"

It will be a damn shame if we do not have at least 15k Saturday. Perfect storm aligns for a big crowd.

Offline ysubigred

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 18, 2014, 02:33:14 PM »
63-14

ValleyTalk

« Reply #12 on: September 18, 2014, 06:24:18 PM »
63-14
I don't know about that.

They have the #1 RB in FCS right now in Khairi Dickson - 608 yards over 3 games = 203 yards per game. He rushed for 216 vs. JMU in front of 23,000 fans. Our rush defense better be ready to go. Fortunately they are a heavy run team so hopefully we can shut them down as I feel we have a better rush defense as opposed to our pass defense.

49-17

Offline ysufan0505

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 19, 2014, 12:48:02 AM »
41-14 Good guys

Offline penguinpower

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 19, 2014, 08:48:42 AM »