Author Topic: Injuries  (Read 8726 times)

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
Re: Injuries
« Reply #15 on: September 16, 2014, 10:18:37 AM »
Yes they have more than "a person". They have an assigned prof, a compliance department counselor and an assigned student. Now I have to speak from coach T and coach H days, but the students have that entire wing behind the varsity lockers under Stambaugh. Also, every schedule is sent directly to the coaches. Skipping class is immediately reported (assuming the proff takes attendance). Most profs are alerted when they have an athlete in their classes and they need to take attendance. This does not mean that they do. Under Tressel add/drops were not reported ..under coach H they were. I think it had to do with improvements in technology. This applies to all varsity sports

Offline Double ET

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 16, 2014, 12:10:32 PM »
Yes they have more than "a person". They have an assigned prof, a compliance department counselor and an assigned student. Now I have to speak from coach T and coach H days, but the students have that entire wing behind the varsity lockers under Stambaugh. Also, every schedule is sent directly to the coaches. Skipping class is immediately reported (assuming the proff takes attendance). Most profs are alerted when they have an athlete in their classes and they need to take attendance. This does not mean that they do. Under Tressel add/drops were not reported ..under coach H they were. I think it had to do with improvements in technology. This applies to all varsity sports

I had several football players in my classes in the College of STEM. They were starting players and team captain. I always made provisions to make sure they do not miss practices/games. They could make up their course/laboratory works and tests. However, they rarely missed any classes.
The university and I had to track their attendance regularly. I recall, in one of my classes, one player did not show up for class on time. The captain helped me to call him up. He showed up 10 minutes later.

However, I knew of some faculty members who were not very supportive for the YSU sports programs did not make special provisions to help the student athletes when they were out of town for the competitions. But,
I had not heard of any faculty members who prohibited players to attend their scheduled practices. However, it could be possible.
We now has a Starfish system on campus. I had to report their attendance via computer monthly.

Offline ysuguins4

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 16, 2014, 12:36:52 PM »
S Tre Moore left with what looked to be a significant knee injury.

I don't understand why you leave starters in when the game is well out of hand and the clock is in our favor.
All you are asking for is injuries, which we cannot afford, and is what we got.

I agree.  I figured all the regulars would be done after the last TD put them up by 28 with 10 minutes left, but Moore was injured with less than 5 minutes left.  Sure hope it is not serious.

Spiderlegs

« Reply #18 on: September 16, 2014, 04:28:53 PM »
I agree that this story sounds fishy. YSU athletic dept. takes academics more seriously than many D-I schools, and one of the benefits of W's reign is the improvement in the football team's academic performance.  I know it's hard for some of us to believe that W. does anything right, but he has been good for the academic side of things, at least so far.