Author Topic: Injuries  (Read 8810 times)

Offline ysufan0505

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Injuries
« on: September 13, 2014, 10:03:58 PM »
We need to get healthy and in a HURRY! Only being 3 games in, this worries me. Especially because these guys are a big part of our season.....

Guys I noticed that are out:

LB Kevon Caffey
DB Eric Thompson
DB Nate Dortch
WR Andrew Williams
WR Michael Wheary

Also noticed D'Alesio went out with an ankle injury.

ValleyTalk

Re: Injuries
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2014, 11:34:25 PM »
Thank God we have three weeks to get these guys back, including Durden if USF hurries up, before conference play.

This Missouri State game has a huge resemblance to SIU opener last year. MSU is very good, they just expanded their stadium (had 18.5k today - record), and Wolford has yet to beat them. A win there would be enormous, but let's worry about St. Francis first.

Offline HappyPenguin

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2014, 01:56:13 PM »
S Tre Moore left with what looked to be a significant knee injury. A real shame he had a couple pass break-ups and made some solid tackles. One of the few who can it seems.

Until we get a whiff of pressure from the front 4 it wouldn't matter if we had 4 Deion Sanders clones back there. They cant cover for 5-6 seconds every play.

Offline Wick250

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2014, 03:25:27 PM »
HappyPenguin is right on the mark.  The absence of anything resembling a pass rush, even against a non-scholarship team, makes it impossible to contain a passing game.  Not to excuse the obviously substandard performance of our secondary.  It is the worst indictment of Wolford's failure to balance defense and offense in his recruiting.

Offline ScarletRook

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2014, 03:54:06 PM »
S Tre Moore left with what looked to be a significant knee injury.

I don't understand why you leave starters in when the game is well out of hand and the clock is in our favor.
All you are asking for is injuries, which we cannot afford, and is what we got.

Heard Saturday that S.Zaborsky and Myers were in the dog house big time for being late for practice.  Turns out the have engineering classes that run into practice twice a week, but are not being excused for being late.  That will teach them!

Offline Karl Hungus

• Humboldt Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2014, 04:52:30 PM »
Tre Moore stepped up & was playing at a high level. Hope he can mend  soon.

Offline KilrpengWin

• Humboldt Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2014, 05:25:02 PM »
We need to get healthy and in a HURRY! Only being 3 games in, this worries me. Especially because these guys are a big part of our season.....

Guys I noticed that are out:

LB Kevon Caffey
DB Eric Thompson
DB Nate Dortch
WR Andrew Williams
WR Michael Wheary

Also noticed D'Alesio went out with an ankle injury.
D'Alesio out with an ankle injury? That's GOOD news!

Offline DavedS

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2014, 06:31:49 PM »
Tre Moore stepped up & was playing at a high level. Hope he can mend  soon.
Ditto--was really impressed with his sure tackles!

Offline guinpen

• Global Moderator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2014, 08:58:24 PM »

I don't understand why you leave starters in when the game is well out of hand and the clock is in our favor.
All you are asking for is injuries, which we cannot afford, and is what we got.

I agree, starters should not have seen the 4th qtr last week.
“Life is hard, it’s harder if you're stupid” - John Wayne

Lets_Talk

« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2014, 06:12:50 AM »
ScarletRook,

If your post about S.Zaborsky and Myers is true, that is one more reason for me to hope this is the last year for Wolford. The primary purpose of college is ACADEMICS. I can understand the coaching stuff being frustrated if players are late to practice for any reason. But, these guys are majoring in Engineering. If I were either of them, I'd stay for the entire class and get to practice late. Again, if what you said is true, Wolford is acting like a HUGE A$$ and like the kind of coach that uses players for his gain. And, a coach like that often times has a hard time getting the players to buy in 100% to the things the coach is selling. I would deem the entire Wolford era as YSU having a team that does not appear to be buying in 100% to what the coaching staff is selling, and that is on the coach/coach's.

I'm actually impressed that Zaborsky and Myers are staying for the entire class given it is putting them in Wolford's doghouse. Tells me that these guys understand while football is important, the #1 priority is ACADEMICS and earning their degree's.

Offline ScarletRook

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 16, 2014, 08:26:05 AM »
Lets_Talk:

I heard that from a relative of Zaborsky's.  (The name on a Fitch shirt was the start of conversation)
Not sure if it was Wolford or Bryant that they said read them the riot act in front of the team and told them the if they expected to play, they would be at practice like everyone else and obviously they didn't want to play.  It sounds like it could have come from either coach, but my take was Bryant.

I was inquiring about Steve's previous injury and wondered how he was doing.
Take it FWIW.  What you can learn when getting coffee at half-time.

« Last Edit: September 16, 2014, 08:29:13 AM by ScarletRook »

Offline ScarletRook

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 16, 2014, 08:57:51 AM »
Not trying for the 'beat a dead horse' category, but can anyone tell me if YSU has an academic person to help schedule classes so they don't interfere with your practices and etc. or is it a case that a field like engineering only has so many scheduled classes and you take what is available?

ohiofootball

« Reply #12 on: September 16, 2014, 09:48:40 AM »
I can assure you that is not the reason those 2 are not playing. Kurt Hess missed practice for classes all the time and you can see it really affected his playing time. Sounds like these two are feeding their families a bunch of crap!

Offline ysufan0505

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 16, 2014, 09:57:36 AM »
I can assure you that is not the reason those 2 are not playing. Kurt Hess missed practice for classes all the time and you can see it really affected his playing time. Sounds like these two are feeding their families a bunch of crap!

Yeah, I've known several players who have had to miss practice for class and were never were called out by coaches. That does not even make any sense? Something else happened.

Offline Karl Hungus

• Humboldt Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 16, 2014, 10:01:59 AM »
YSU has a computer room for athletes with multible stations & in house tutors that help with classes , Sch. & making up work when they are on road trips.