Author Topic: Hunter Wells  (Read 13558 times)

Offline paladin

• Emperor Penguin
  • Paladin
    • View Profile
Re: Hunter Wells
« Reply #15 on: September 15, 2014, 01:06:59 PM »
You are really going to enjoy the MVFC games .  We'll revisit this thread.

Offline ScarletRook

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 15, 2014, 01:30:47 PM »
Wick:
I understand what you are saying, but am confused as to why not use the same logic about starting the others mentioned that have sustained numerous injuries?  Is it just the position?  The same argument could apply in Columbus, but I bet we would take Braxton as our QB and take our chances.
I have no dog in this fight, just trying to understand where you are coming from.  As far as the resident guru....meh!  I just want the Guins to win no matter who the QB or coaching staff.

Offline Wick250

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 15, 2014, 03:03:41 PM »
ScarletRook,

Yes, my theory is entirely based upon position.  We can shuffle running backs, receivers, defenders at will, but you need maximum stability at quarterback.  Now if Nania were a stud, obviously you roll the dice and hope for the best.  Since the training camp competition between Nania and Wells was very close, I would go with the guy who does not have the track record of getting injured.  Again, as I stated before, nothing against Nania's talent or dedication.  We were finished last year when Hess was hurt and the replacements had no experience.  I don't want to see that again.  So start Wells and bring Nania off the bench for a change of pace.

Offline FOOTBALLFEVER

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 15, 2014, 03:48:05 PM »
Pally just remember it was YOU not US who had Wells rated as the 5th best quarterback on the Y.S.U. roster. You also said he would never see the playing field at Y.S.U. The last time I checked quarterbacks on every kind of level throw interceptions, fumble and just make bad decisions from time to time. As much as I like Nania he has even gotten a way with 4 sure handed picks to this point. I will have to agree with Wick on his last post. But I can't help to think if Wells plays against illinois there's a really good chance Y.S.U. heads into the St.Francis game at 3-0 !!

Offline Karl Hungus

• Humboldt Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 15, 2014, 04:49:33 PM »
t one Fever

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #20 on: September 16, 2014, 10:58:12 AM »
I do understand the excitement behind Wells. Honestly I was also excited when I saw the improvements in Nania as well. So I like our options. I too am not one for a two-QB system.

Offline jjysuwin

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 16, 2014, 12:40:08 PM »
You are really going to enjoy the MVFC games .  We'll revisit this thread.

BTW all, here's what paladin said about Hunter last season

Just a heads up --

The QB situation is truly dark for next  year.  No matter the hype, this kid isn't ready next year for D-I football. I won't be surprised to see them seriously try to recruit a JUCO QB for next year.

Almost 300 years and 4 touchdowns later... But then again, he's the same guy who said Michigan State wasn't good last season. The 4th ranked team in the country wasn't good. So yeahh.....
"Make no mistake, MSU is not going to be a top half of the Big 10 team. They are lower half. That O of theirs is due to be manhandled." - paladin

"Hunter Wells isn't ready next year for D-I football" - paladin

Hunter Wells Stat Tracker: 17/23 303 yds, 4TDs, 242.0 QB Rating