Author Topic: The Defense  (Read 3727 times)

Offline penguinpower

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
The Defense
« on: October 05, 2014, 03:07:24 PM »
Looks like it is back and I am just so happy to see them dominate the opponent's backfield.  Where did this come from?  Not much has changed since last year a.d we never saw any 4 man front get into the backfield.

I just love watching it.

Offline Wick250

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: The Defense
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2014, 04:14:14 PM »
I was delighted to be wrong about their capabilities, but remember that the defense that contained Pittsburgh two years ago got run right off the field by NDSU and Illinois State.  What we need to see is a consistent high level of performance.  And consistency is a commodity that has been in short supply under Wolford. 

What was shocking about yesterday, in a very pleasant sort of way, was the fact that Missouri State had several pre-season all-league offensive linemen.  Watching our domination was fun.  Let us all hope that it was not a mirage.

Offline HappyPenguin

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2014, 04:38:42 AM »
I loved it. First game in a long time I had some faith coming down the stretch.

They were too 1 dimensional to get  thrilled about. That QB was the worst passer we've seen all year. past few years actually.

Offline ysufan0505

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2014, 06:44:55 AM »
Tre Moore is making a big difference back there. #1 and #8 still have problems.... But man I'll tell you one thing, I love the D-Line. Octavius and Kromah are playing some good ball in the middle and my goodness, Derek Rivers off the edge. This kid is going to be special!! If he can put a little bit more weight on, wow. He has great speed and strength, I felt like he was in the backfield all game long even while getting held every single play! Long way to go, but Jamie Bryant can coach some defense and I'm loving it.

Offline seanbryan3

• Royal Penguin
  • 18 hours away and faithful.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2014, 07:34:35 AM »
It was definitely very fun to watch the D this weekend! Hoping to see that all over again saturday under the lights!
"Consistency is better than rare moments of greatness" Let's Go Guins!

Offline ysubigred

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2014, 08:20:42 AM »
I've died and went to heaven  :D 

GooooooooGuins!!!!

Offline ysuguins4

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2014, 08:22:54 AM »
Great job by the D.  Sure hope this wasn't a fluke.  Go Guins.