Author Topic: OT transfer from Louisville  (Read 4852 times)

Offline paladin

• Emperor Penguin
  • Paladin
    • View Profile
OT transfer from Louisville
« on: August 01, 2014, 02:18:03 PM »
Roster shows RFR OT Cameron Fraser, 6'4, 265 transfer from U. of  Louisville. In H. S. he had 9 offers from among others, Ole Miss and Arkansas. #4 rated T from Alabama. 3 stars .  4 years of eligibility. Heres one to watch. LOts of upsides.

http://www.gocards.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/cameron_fraser_846818.html                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                           
« Last Edit: August 01, 2014, 02:36:50 PM by paladin »

Offline ysufan0505

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: OT transfer from Louisville
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2014, 11:18:15 PM »
Yeah, coach Carter brought him along. Seems a little small for tackle, our center and guards are bigger than that. Well see

kforbs126

« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2014, 09:28:08 AM »
Definitely needs to put on some weight.  262 is too small for OL except C. 

ValleyTalk

« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2014, 10:27:12 AM »
As an aside, I met Coach Carter last week. Left extremely impressed with the type of person he is, his personality, and his southern hospitality. He is quite the character and I'm happy he is on our staff.

Offline MrGuin

• Rock Hopper Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2014, 11:31:14 AM »
I also have met Coach Carter.....he is a tremendous individual. You can tell he really cares about his players.

Offline ysufan0505

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2014, 02:31:18 PM »
As an aside, I met Coach Carter last week. Left extremely impressed with the type of person he is, his personality, and his southern hospitality. He is quite the character and I'm happy he is on our staff.

I 2nd that

Offline paladin

• Emperor Penguin
  • Paladin
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2014, 03:00:27 PM »
Let me remind everyone that the game has changed. It used to be that Power football ruled  and 300 lbers were common for the run game. But that has all changed. Many teams are coming   in with Spread O's and lighter OL that are kicking our butts. That's because there is now a balance in run/pass and you need to be quicker to handle blitzes from every where while still getting off the ball to block.  Look at the size of many players YSU will compete against. SDS had smaller OL and they kicked our azz. UNI was the same way. 265-270 plays anywhere and many play well.  Fat azz Midwest kids over 300 often  get schooled. Remember some of those games ?

In researching     this player, I found he didn't start playing football till his Soph year and quickly drew  9  D-I offers. Louisville articles prasied his work effort and quick study. Add in most rated him a 3 star. That would appear to show LOTS of upside yet. Former basketball player who shows good footwork. And 4 years to fully develop after a redshirt season. One of the rare potentials for a "gem" in the world of "transfers" ( usually someone else's problems). 

Indeed time will tell.

Offline HappyPenguin

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2014, 04:26:13 PM »
Sounds fantastic. Can't wait to see him and the other newcomers.

Offline Karl Hungus

• Humboldt Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2014, 06:01:29 PM »
Getting better each time I log in.