Author Topic: 2014-15 Mens Basketball Schedule  (Read 19269 times)

Offline ELPENGUIN

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: 2014-15 Mens Basketball Schedule
« Reply #30 on: August 16, 2014, 07:52:57 AM »
5:05 Go back to the baseboard. I now recognize what type of fan you are.  Would not want you anywhere near a YSU athletic event..........you do not deserve YSU.
"They have scalelike barbless feathers, flipperlike wings, and webbed feet and by the way also excellent athletic teams"

Lets_Talk

« Reply #31 on: August 16, 2014, 09:20:35 AM »
El Penguin, here is the thing I do not understand when people such as yourself make comments like this. You are a season ticket holder. You travel to away games for multiple YSU sports, and attend more sports than just basketball and football at home.

But, how does telling a person with a different opinion from you they are not a fan, and are not needed by YSU do anything to help YSU. Given the attendance figures for YSU sports, the athletics department needs all the fans they can get. And, for all you or I know, 0505 and others who share his point of view may well be graduates of YSU.  ???

I see the same things done to people out here in Vegas on the UNLV fan boards. People telling those who may not go to any football games, or who only go to 1-2 per year they are "not real fans", and not needed by UNLV. This for a program that struggles to average the required 15,000 fans per game in football. And, as for UNLV basketball, while still good, there has been a HUGE dropoff from the days of Tark.

I will NEVER understand how telling people with differing opinions they are not fans, or that they are not needed by YSU is of help to YSU? And, going to tons of games, and being blatantly loyal and accepting of mediocrity, does not mean one is a "true fan". Nor does a person who wants and demands more than mediocrity, and is tired of year after year after year of what passes for D1 non conference basketball at YSU, and what passes for football at a supposed "football school"  ???

Offline OleYSUfan

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 16, 2014, 10:37:38 AM »
Let's talk:

Excellent reply; many fans are tired of the mediocrity in our basketball program.

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #33 on: August 17, 2014, 09:54:34 AM »
Let's talk:

Excellent reply; many fans are tired of the mediocrity in our basketball program.

Many of us are, but we do not make comment like "I usually attend every home game" and this year I will not. Especially considering this is better than most schedules over the past few years. You find venues to express your concerns over the schedule ...such as this board. You can attend a Penguin club meeting and speak there. You can write a letter to the Athletic department. You can write a letter to the Vindy, the Trib, or other media venue. Look at those two guys that talks sports on public access ...I call them click and clack. They should be discussing everything that lives about YSU athletic, but they live in this OSU, Cleveland and HS lovefest area. Write them every day and ask that it become a topic of conversation on their show. ELPenguins is just saying that you can express concerns about YSU without attacking ...sounds quite reasonable.

Offline ELPENGUIN

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 18, 2014, 07:55:35 AM »
Thank You 1-AA.
"They have scalelike barbless feathers, flipperlike wings, and webbed feet and by the way also excellent athletic teams"

Offline ysufan0505

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 18, 2014, 11:47:13 AM »
ElPenguin needs to calm down. I'm not attacking. I am simply just saying that this schedule is an embarrassment to YSU athletic dept...... And that I will not be attending the weenie home games they scheduled, and YES i attended YSU so there have at it.

Lets_Talk

« Reply #36 on: August 23, 2014, 02:19:21 PM »
Here is what I have been able to find out as far as OOC games for HL schools other than YSU, UDM and Oakland, which so far are the only 3 schools to release their full OOC Schedules.

Valpo has HOME a game against New Mexico(27-7 last year, played in NCAA Tournament) . Also home against EKU(24-10 advanced to 2nd round of NCAA Tournament) as a return for last bracket-buster game...they also play at Missouri(23-12 last year, 2nd round NIT), and in a tournament in Nashville. Opponents in the Nashville Tournament will be Drake(MVC team went 15-16 last year), Murray State(23-11, OVC West Champs and won CIT) and Portland(play in West Coast Conference...15-16 record last year) ..... nice schedule so far

* UWM - will be hosting Wisconsin(30-8, NCAA Final Four), UMKC(10-20), IUPUI(6-26), Northern Illinois(15-17), Concordia University(non D1), Minnesota-Crookston(non D1).... Home schedule is almost as bad as YSU's. Only saving grace is Wisconsin

road games at DePaul(Big East 12-21 last year), Arkansas(22-12, NIT), South Dakota(12-18... YSU also plays at South Dakota)

MGM Grand Main Event(2 games in Las Vegas)...road games at Oklahoma State(21-13..lost in 1st round of NCAA Tournament) and Auburn(14-16) as part of ... UWM will then play TBD and either LA-Laffayette(23-12, 2nd Round NCAA Tournament) or Oral Roberts(17-16), with both games at MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas

solid road/neutral site schedule

Offline Commissioner

• Rock Hopper Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 23, 2014, 09:08:04 PM »
Horizon non-conference schedules are being collected here http://udtitanbasketball.freeforums.net/thread/262/2014-15-horizon-schedules?page=1. Lots of info on all 9 teams.

Lets_Talk

« Reply #38 on: August 24, 2014, 01:34:37 PM »
Thank you for the link!!!

Offline ysuguins4

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 29, 2014, 12:27:38 PM »
That link really shows how weak the schedule is.  Not only do we have the three non D1 teams, but Longwood and Kennesaw State were two of the worst teams in all of D1 last year.