Author Topic: The True State of YSU Athletics  (Read 2979 times)

Offline jjysuwin

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
The True State of YSU Athletics
« on: June 03, 2014, 02:47:06 PM »
This post was made in April: http://ysupenguins.com/forum/index.php/topic,8928.0.html

Basically said that Baseball was a loser, women's tennis was a loser and track and field was a loser.

Baseball won the conference championship and competed AND WON at a national level in the Indiana Regional.

Tennis dethroned UIC for the 1st time in 15 years and made it to the NCAA tournament.

Men's and women's track and field won 3 out of the 4 TXF conference championships. Placed 9 Penguins at the national meet, sent 2 athletes to compete at the NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP MEET!!!

A question was posed "how long does this 3rd rate athletic dept get a pass  and be allowed to continue on its merry way ?" With 6 conference championships and numerous top 64 finishes between the track, baseball and tennis program on a NATIONAL STAGE, I would say no one is calling YSU 3rd rate anymore.

YSU! YSU! YSU! YSU!!!!
"Make no mistake, MSU is not going to be a top half of the Big 10 team. They are lower half. That O of theirs is due to be manhandled." - paladin

"Hunter Wells isn't ready next year for D-I football" - paladin

Hunter Wells Stat Tracker: 17/23 303 yds, 4TDs, 242.0 QB Rating

kforbs126

Re: The True State of YSU Athletics
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2014, 09:53:38 AM »
I'm proud of my Guins and how they performed this year. 

Everyone knows you can only take what Paladin says with a grain of salt. 

Offline jjysuwin

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: The True State of YSU Athletics
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2014, 02:46:55 PM »
People need to know that words, have meaning.
"Make no mistake, MSU is not going to be a top half of the Big 10 team. They are lower half. That O of theirs is due to be manhandled." - paladin

"Hunter Wells isn't ready next year for D-I football" - paladin

Hunter Wells Stat Tracker: 17/23 303 yds, 4TDs, 242.0 QB Rating