Author Topic: YSU Pro Day  (Read 3559 times)

Offline YSU45

• Royal Penguin
    • View Profile
YSU Pro Day
« on: March 19, 2014, 12:30:00 PM »
Any word on how the guys did?  Or what NFL TEAMS were there?

Offline ysufan0505

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: YSU Pro Day
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2014, 09:28:41 PM »
Chargers, 49ers, Giants, Browns and Steelers were there. Chris Elkins really impressed. 298 pounds, 26 reps on the bench and ran a 4.9 40. Kyle Bryant disappointed in my mind........

March 19, 2014
Six Former Penguins Perform For Scouts at Pro Day

Former Youngstown State football players Kyle Bryant, Chris Elkins, Kurt Hess, Nick Liste, Dale Peterman and Carson Sharbaugh put their talents on display in front of NFL scouts during YSU's Pro Day at the WATTS on Wednesday morning.

Scouts representing the San Diego Chargers, New York Giants, Cleveland Browns, Pittsburgh Steelers and San Francisco 49ers were all in attendance at the workout.

The players participated in various NFL-related measurements and timing drills before closing out the workout with some position-related work.

Bryant came in at just over six-feet, five-inches tall and was at 317 pounds. He had an impressive wing span of 82 3/4 inches. Bryant had a 24.5-inch vertical leap and a broad jump of seven feet, nine inches. Elkins was 6-2, 298 and was solid with 25 reps on the bench press, a 29-inch vertical leap and a best of eight feet, nine inches in the broad jump.

Hess measured out at 6-1.5 and 231 pounds. He had a vertical jump of 27 inches and a best broad jump of 27 inches. Liste was 5-9.4 and was 174 pounds with a vertical of 31 inches and a broad jump of nine feet, four inches.

Peterman stood at 5-10.4 and weighed in at 183 pounds. He had a 34.5-inch vertical jump and a long broad jump of 10 feet. Sharbaugh was recorded at 6-3.4 and 236 pounds. He had a vertical jump of 27 inches and a broad jump of nine feet, six inches.

The players each ran the 40-yard dash twice and were clocked through 10 yards and 20 yards during their run. The three-cone drill followed as well as the short shuttle.

Elkins and Bryant worked on offensive line drills together while Hess threw various routes to Sharbaugh and Peterman as well as former Penguin Torrian Pace.

Liste preformed kickoffs, punts and placement kicks in a windy Stambaugh Stadium to conclude the workout.

The 2014 NFL Draft is May 8-10.

Offline ysufan0505

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2014, 10:09:08 PM »
Elkins really improved his rank today. Scouts were really impressed!

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2014, 09:43:37 AM »
All of these guys are deserving and should get a shot. I think List was just incredible last season and truly had an NFL year. My son-in-law went to his first Guins game, saw List in the opening game and the first thing he said, was "that guys is kicking in the NFL someday". I talked with that Giants scout last at the ILS game last season. He was their to see Underwood from ILS, but he opened his phone as soon as he saw List hit that punt. Sharbaugh has name recognition and great technique. Like any TE, you need to be on a team that uses one. (Niners and Steelers). His ability to catch rifle-passes at close range is his key. Hess will sign with someone, we all know his strengths and weaknesses.

I saw Pace there, he must have just been helping out, as he did not do most of the drills. Anyone have any info? That guy may not ever wear a pro-Jersey, but I will write him into the Penguin H-O-F any day.

Peterman is physically born to be in the NFL, let's hope that his skill-set can get him there.

Elkins and Bryant are going to have to work; huge talent, but an equally huge number of hopefuls.