Author Topic: Western Illinois in finals of NCAA's 6th fan competition  (Read 17840 times)

Offline ST_Lawson

• Rock Hopper Penguin
  • Leatherneck Fan and Alum
    • View Profile
    • Leatherneck Nation
Western Illinois in finals of NCAA's 6th fan competition
« on: March 10, 2014, 09:39:01 AM »
Western Illinois is in the finals against a very well-supported BYU in the NCAA's 6th fan contest. We'd love to have all the Penguins fan's support to help us win this one for the MVFC.

Head over to the 6th fan website to vote: http://6thfan.ncaa.com/
Also, you can tweet with the hashtags of #6thfan and #WILL to vote for us
Or post the same tags with the website's shortened link on facebook: http://fw.to/oi1eMKY #6thFan #WILL

And if you really want to do everything you can to help, there's instructions on how to legally (according to the NCAA's rules) vote multiple times in a row very quickly on Western's 6th Fan Speed Voting page: http://www.wiu.edu/giving/vote_wiu/index.php

Thanks in advance for your help.
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
Re: Western Illinois in finals of NCAA's 6th fan competition
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2014, 11:05:39 AM »
I s this basketball? Neither WIU or YSU are in the MVC. We "share the love" with pigskin, but as a YSU fan I do not support the MVC or Summit.

Offline ST_Lawson

• Rock Hopper Penguin
    • View Profile
    • Leatherneck Nation
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2014, 02:24:56 PM »
MVFC...Missouri Valley Football Conference.  Not the same as the MVC.

It's not a specific sport contest (hence why I put it in the General BS section of the forum).  It's got the NCAA name on it, but it really doesn't have much of anything to do with athletics specifically other than it was all Division I schools in it originally.  Also, the money doesn't go to the athletics department either, so it's not like we're going to be able to spend the $100k on football facilities or something to directly compete with you.  It goes into the general scholarship fund for students.

I just was hoping we could get a bit of support from a fellow Missouri Valley Football Conference member.

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2014, 06:11:54 PM »
Ah, I was reading it as the 6th man in basketball ...my mistake. Of course I would go for the Necks over BYU any day :) Aside from my Guins ...WIU is my second-favorite MVFC team.

Offline ST_Lawson

• Rock Hopper Penguin
    • View Profile
    • Leatherneck Nation
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2014, 10:38:15 PM »
Ah, I was reading it as the 6th man in basketball ...my mistake. Of course I would go for the Necks over BYU any day :) Aside from my Guins ...WIU is my second-favorite MVFC team.

No problem.  If you feel like I do, any good publicity for a conference member is good publicity for the conference.  Just like in non-conference and post-season games.  I'll root for any MVFC member over pretty much anyone else.

As I said, if you feel like helping, it'd be much appreciated.
Thanks again.