Author Topic: IT jobs in Columbus or Youngstown  (Read 15573 times)

kforbs126

IT jobs in Columbus or Youngstown
« on: January 19, 2014, 03:37:32 PM »
I will be getting out of the Navy by the end of this year and I'm looking for some insight on IT jobs in the Columbus area.  My husband is going to Ohio State to finish his degree.  I have my bachelor's in CIS from YSU with about 7 years IT experience and 6 years military experience.  I'm curious to how the IT job market is in Columbus?  I would even consider moving back to Youngstown if I could secure a decent paying IT job.  I know 6 years ago IT jobs were scarce in Youngstown.

Also any suggestions on areas to live by Columbus, safe and not all that far from Ohio State(within 30 min drive)?

Offline paladin

• Emperor Penguin
  • Paladin
    • View Profile
Re: IT jobs in Columbus or Youngstown
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2014, 04:12:53 PM »
Jobs ( and security) are far better in Columbus for  IT. Get a Sunday Dispatch. With in 30 minutes would be North in the Dublin, Worthington, Olentangy & Westerville suburbs extending into Delaware Co.  Hilliard would also be O.K.  All have been  ( or are) in fast growth.

You'll see jobs in IT for banking, Insurance, Finance , Manufacturing, TRansportation and Healthcare. Maybe some Govt. as well.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2014, 04:18:43 PM by paladin »

kforbs126

Re: IT jobs in Columbus or Youngstown
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2014, 11:27:49 AM »
Jobs ( and security) are far better in Columbus for  IT. Get a Sunday Dispatch. With in 30 minutes would be North in the Dublin, Worthington, Olentangy & Westerville suburbs extending into Delaware Co.  Hilliard would also be O.K.  All have been  ( or are) in fast growth.

You'll see jobs in IT for banking, Insurance, Finance , Manufacturing, TRansportation and Healthcare. Maybe some Govt. as well.

Thanks Paladin for the info!