Author Topic: Local Football Recruiting!!!  (Read 11268 times)

Lets_Talk

Re: Local Football Recruiting!!!
« Reply #15 on: February 06, 2014, 08:02:34 PM »
Here is a list of players on the Tressel coached teams from Ytown City Schools. Also adding kids from JFK, which now rarely produces D1 players. Feel free to add to the list if I leave people off. And, these are only the kids that contributed significantly. There were others on the roster, that played little, or not at all:

Ray Isaac - Rayen
Tamron Smith - South
Terrence Tubbs - Wilson
Chris Sammarone - Chaney
Pat Danko - JFK
Tom Paolucci - JFK
P.J. Mays - East
Matt Richardson - JFK
Andre Ballinger - South
Tony Tellington - South
Jim Zdelar - Rayen
Kevin Brown - East
Mack Gilchrist - Chaney
Andre Jethroe - JFK
Joe Lucente - Chaney
Derek Pixley - East
J.C. Penny - East
Darnell Bracy - East
« Last Edit: February 07, 2014, 08:59:13 AM by Lets_Talk »

Offline DavedS

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 06, 2014, 10:03:57 PM »
Here's a few more---I'm sure I left quite a few out--Mooney-Rick Shepas,Toner Barone,Chris and Dave Vecchione,Terica Jones,Bill Diorio,Andy DeNiro.Boardman-Jeff Ryan,Jim Tracey,Herb Williams.Fitch-Leo Hawkins,Chris and Dan Inglis,Mike Stanec,Jeff Wilkins,Ron Strollo,Larry Bucciarelli,Jeff Powers.Campbell-Shawn Patton.Chaney-DeWayne Thompson,Brian Terlesky.Canfield-Tony Pannunzio.South Range-Todd Kollar.Struthers-Greg Ekoniak.South Range-Mark Brungard.Ursuline-Jabari Teague.

Lets_Talk

« Reply #17 on: February 07, 2014, 08:57:22 AM »
DavedS,

I made my list to only include Ytown CITY Schools and Warren JFK. Did this because Ytown CITY is now down to 1 public high school, and JFK has such a small enrollment, I'm not sure how the school remains open, let alone fields a football team.

Offline DavedS

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 07, 2014, 01:27:57 PM »
DavedS,

I made my list to only include Ytown CITY Schools and Warren JFK. Did this because Ytown CITY is now down to 1 public high school, and JFK has such a small enrollment, I'm not sure how the school remains open, let alone fields a football team.
I knew you said CITY schools but when I saw JFK I figured you might mean the local area players under Tressel.My fault for not reading your entire post correctly. :-[
« Last Edit: February 07, 2014, 01:30:04 PM by DavedS »

Offline Wick250

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 07, 2014, 01:44:28 PM »
Guys, one more thing to consider about Youngstown City athletes.  The players on the original list supplied by Let's Talk all had careers before open enrollment and school vouchers.  Then the only choice was to play for your local public city school, since most families could not handle the tuition at the Catholic schools.  Today, the majority of quality city athletes attend Ursuline, Mooney, and Youngstown Christian with vouchers, or they go to open enrollment suburban schools.  My guess is, had current conditions prevailed, most of the players on that original list would have played someplace other than a city public school.

Offline DavedS

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 07, 2014, 03:11:37 PM »
Guys, one more thing to consider about Youngstown City athletes.  The players on the original list supplied by Let's Talk all had careers before open enrollment and school vouchers.  Then the only choice was to play for your local public city school, since most families could not handle the tuition at the Catholic schools.  Today, the majority of quality city athletes attend Ursuline, Mooney, and Youngstown Christian with vouchers, or they go to open enrollment suburban schools.  My guess is, had current conditions prevailed, most of the players on that original list would have played someplace other than a city public school.
Good point--didn't think of that but more than likely would be true.