Author Topic: Basketball vs. Valpo  (Read 26566 times)

Offline ysufan0505

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: Basketball vs. Valpo
« Reply #15 on: January 23, 2014, 10:23:05 PM »
I agree Slocum did get out coached in the 2nd half. He made no offensive adjustments. Just the same play after same play, waiting for KP to take over when he was clearly off tonight.... He has to figure something out with Kam. Teams have figured out how to guard him and take him out of the game. Gotta fix that. He's a big part of the offense but contributing nothing....

Offline ItalianPenguin

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 23, 2014, 10:46:59 PM »
Anyone at the game seen slocum get out coached right from the start of the second half.  He had no offensive or defensive plan.  Yes the missed free throws hurt but a team that looked lost is on coaching period.   His piss poor record in close games speaks for itself.  Valpo lost 7 seniors from last year and still managed to own us.  Slocum thanks for this one.
Nice to have you back "pride"--we missed you while the team won. Glad you're able to spread your miserableness. Unfortunately, this game is on KP--and he's entitled to a bad game now and then. His missed free throws and the technical were certainly uncharacteristic for him. Their size hurt us--we rebounded poorly.

Offline YsuPride

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 23, 2014, 11:49:39 PM »
Anytime "IP".   Oh by the way I posted after the Detroit win you must have missed that.  My miserableness was spread after that game as well.  Check it out.  Yes KP was off but the coaching was worse.  1,900 fans seen that coaching mess unfold after halftime.    Have a great night!

Offline ItalianPenguin

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 23, 2014, 11:53:04 PM »
You're right "pride"---I tried to hide it--but I can't any longer. I saw Slocum tell Perry to miss those free throws. It WAS Slocum's fault. You're correct. By the way, did you actually read your post after the Detroit game? After acknowledging the win, you a) worried about next year, b) complained about the bench, c) told your fans about Slocum's February losses, and D) railed about the officiating. In retrospect, I guess that's as positive as it gets for you. You have a better night!!
« Last Edit: January 23, 2014, 11:57:24 PM by ItalianPenguin »

Offline YsuPride

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 24, 2014, 12:04:41 AM »
Thanks for seeing it my way "IP".    I wonder what the halftime speach was?   We got out coached after half and adjustments were made and we lost that battle of coaching adjustments.  The 30 foot 3 pointer with 20 seconds was a great play to call after that timeout.   Also, Keene played well in the 1st half so lets hardly play him in the 2nd half.  Nice strategic move.   When # 4 for Valpo got his 4th foul why didn't we drive it on him everytime to draw the 4th foul?  That would have been an obvious coaching move but of course it was overlooked.   Tell Slocum I said hi.

Offline Wonderball

• Rock Hopper Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 24, 2014, 06:16:28 AM »
Oops.  They didn't play well and Alpo got a win with many of their players in big foul trouble.  This is not a good team.

There you come again, only posting when we lose. Where were you the last three wins. Go away and wait for football.

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #21 on: January 24, 2014, 06:28:31 AM »
There were 4 Valpo players with 4-fouls by that time. No one in particular to pick on. This game should have been over in the first half. Valpo is not a good basketball team.

ValleyTalk

« Reply #22 on: January 24, 2014, 07:22:25 AM »
There were 4 Valpo players with 4-fouls by that time. No one in particular to pick on. This game should have been over in the first half. Valpo is not a good basketball team.
They are in 3rd all by themselves, so they aren't a bad team like Detroit or UIC that is for damn sure. That was a poor second half. KP looked all out of sorts, perhaps he was trying to do too much with another NBA scout in attendance.

Offline jjysuwin

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 24, 2014, 08:20:58 AM »
What I hear anytime YSUPride or Paladin run their mouths

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k6p1Ck0ab80

"Make no mistake, MSU is not going to be a top half of the Big 10 team. They are lower half. That O of theirs is due to be manhandled." - paladin

"Hunter Wells isn't ready next year for D-I football" - paladin

Hunter Wells Stat Tracker: 17/23 303 yds, 4TDs, 242.0 QB Rating

Offline YsuPride

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 24, 2014, 08:50:19 AM »
JJ,

Your funny!!    I believe that is Slocum drawing up another piss poor play is what you hear on that link.

Some of you are so out of tune you must enjoy LOSING and accept LOSING. 

Records speak for themselves.  Attendance speaks for the losing.  Students behind the south hoops not involved.  Fans around me think Slocum is a terrible coach.  I am not the only one. 

Deal with it ladies!

Offline ysufan0505

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 24, 2014, 10:38:12 AM »
It was like the team was just waiting for KP to take over late in the game... And it never happened. Who that falls on, Slocum or the players not executing, idk

Offline goodnews

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 24, 2014, 10:52:48 AM »
As I mentioned in an earlier post, Slocum said in the postgame interview "we thought we could DRIVE to the basket".  This was when KP shot the long 3 on a broken play coming out of a time-out inside a minute to go in the game.  Its easy to blame someone thats not playing but thats part of being a coach.  Unfortunately, the 2nd half was full of empty possessions.....   

Offline ysuindy

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #28 on: January 24, 2014, 11:23:47 AM »
I think had we been only competitive or down the entire game, it would not have "stung" so hard. However, we were up by 11, despite making some major errors. That makes it tough. Well, if someone asked me to take this loss in exchange for winning the remaining 10 regular-season games, I would jump at the offer. So. let's say I have taken the offer.

GoGuins!!

Offline ItalianPenguin

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 24, 2014, 11:37:37 AM »
Thanks for seeing it my way "IP".    I wonder what the halftime speach was?   We got out coached after half and adjustments were made and we lost that battle of coaching adjustments.  The 30 foot 3 pointer with 20 seconds was a great play to call after that timeout.   Also, Keene played well in the 1st half so lets hardly play him in the 2nd half.  Nice strategic move.   When # 4 for Valpo got his 4th foul why didn't we drive it on him everytime to draw the 4th foul?  That would have been an obvious coaching move but of course it was overlooked.   Tell Slocum I said hi.
OK "pride" let's say for arguments sake you are correct and Slocum got outcoached in the 2nd half. Does that mean he outcoached Waters from Cleveland St in the last few minutes when we were down and came back to win? And if so, why didn't you say that? You can't have it both ways. The truth of the matter is against Cle St KP made some great plays down the stretch and made his free throws and last night he didn't. It's really that simple. Maybe not for you though. And as I said KP has earned the right to have a bad game--and Indy's post with the twitter pic shows he will do something about it.