Author Topic: Having Fun  (Read 4347 times)

Offline jjysuwin

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
Having Fun
« on: January 20, 2014, 11:45:16 AM »
Italian Penguin said a few weeks ago that this is a really fun group to watch, regarding the men. Right after he said that and we lost to UWM on the road, people started mocking IP.

Well if you weren't/aren't having fun at our last two basketball games, then you have some issues. The atmospehere at Beegly has been great and watching KP take oiver games the way he does is awesome. And the women's team has given us something to cheer for on their side.

There's a lot of negative opeople on the board and iun the Valley, but when I look around at the arena, everyone seems to be having a great time. And the crowds are beleiving in this team too.
"Make no mistake, MSU is not going to be a top half of the Big 10 team. They are lower half. That O of theirs is due to be manhandled." - paladin

"Hunter Wells isn't ready next year for D-I football" - paladin

Hunter Wells Stat Tracker: 17/23 303 yds, 4TDs, 242.0 QB Rating

Offline jjysuwin

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: Having Fun
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2014, 11:50:05 AM »
"Make no mistake, MSU is not going to be a top half of the Big 10 team. They are lower half. That O of theirs is due to be manhandled." - paladin

"Hunter Wells isn't ready next year for D-I football" - paladin

Hunter Wells Stat Tracker: 17/23 303 yds, 4TDs, 242.0 QB Rating

Offline ItalianPenguin

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2014, 02:31:42 PM »
jj--those people won't post until the next time we lose (except for 05--who posts win or lose for which I give him credit). The next time we lose they'll tell you everything that's wrong with Slocum, the team, the gym, the AD, etc. And it's a shame because win or lose, this IS a fun team to watch. They work hard, they play hard, and they're good kids. They represent the University well. Some people just love to be miserable. Wait for them--they're just around the corner.

kforbs126

« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2014, 03:31:06 PM »
I'm having fun watching the men's game streaming, same as I did with every football game.  I also talk about YSU more than ever as one of my coworkers just graduated and played football for South Dakota. 

Offline rayI09

• Royal Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2014, 03:37:14 PM »
this team is fun to watch. people have to understand, when come from a downtrodden area like Youngstown you want more than anything to have a winning team that represents you and your community. no one is more proud of the university than I am. I wear Youngstown and ysu on my sleeve. but when you have to endure so many losses and other crap year in and year out it is hard not to complain. but at least I complain-it shows I care. most people in the valley don't complain, they don't cheer, they don't do anything because they don't care.

now, ysu bb is fun to watch and hard to watch at other times. I would like to see ysu make bb the number one sport. BB should get more money than football. with the bb program ysu has a chance to compete for a national title at the highest level unlike in football. if ysu put more resources into bb one day I could see them winning the HL and doing some good in the ncaa tournament.

question is why do the powers that be continue to hold onto football and make it the number when sport in a division most around the country and even in this community don't care about? why don they put money into basketball which would give us national exposure and more respect? and let the fans have a legit chance at being part of the best sporting event college or pro?

Offline rayI09

• Royal Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2014, 03:41:43 PM »
and btw most people on this board are too serious. they need to lighten up and take a joke every now and then. I only take personal shots when I have been attacked personally.

when I post some outrageous stuff its meant to make people laugh-the people that don't are too uptight!

Offline ysuhoops24

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2014, 05:58:43 PM »
I've sat through a lot of bad basketball going to games with my dad since I was young.  I remember sitting at games where it seemed we couldnt make a free throw and our only points would come off of a Leroy King dunk.  This stuff is great to watch.  Go Penguins. 

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2014, 05:59:30 PM »
and btw most people on this board are too serious. they need to lighten up and take a joke every now and then. I only take personal shots when I have been attacked personally.

when I post some outrageous stuff its meant to make people laugh-the people that don't are too uptight!

Learn to use your emoticons  ;) :o 8)