Author Topic: SUPER FAN  (Read 7663 times)

Offline rayI09

• Royal Penguin
    • View Profile
SUPER FAN
« on: November 10, 2013, 12:16:40 AM »
Anyone know whatever happened to SUPER FAN? he was as much a part of YSU's success in the 90's as anyone else.  It is about time YSU recognize SUPER FAN and honor him. The annual hall of fame game would be perfect time to do it! And when will YSU ever honor the greatest YSU player of all time - Ray Isaac. Everyone wants to talk about Brungard and Ryan and others but without Isaac there would be no YSU as we once knew it. Simply the best!

Offline AFGuin

• Royal Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: SUPER FAN
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2013, 12:25:29 AM »
except for the fact Brungard has 2 Rings and played on a NC Runner up team, just sayin  8)

Offline rayI09

• Royal Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2013, 12:31:57 AM »
SUPER FAN may not have actually been a fan at all. he may have been working for coach Tressel.  I always suspected him of stealing the other teams play calls and relaying them to coach Tressel.  maybe that explains YSU's success in the 90's.  We need another SUPER FAN!

Offline robmat2571

• Humboldt Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2013, 07:07:09 AM »
No way Super Fan was working for Tressel.  Did you ever try to talk to that guy?  He wasn't all there if you know what I mean.  He also was at every MBB game back in the 90's as well.  He certainly added some entertainment value to every YSU sporting event.  Thoughts?

Offline penguinpower

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2013, 08:34:19 AM »
No way Super Fan was working for Tressel.  Did you ever try to talk to that guy?  He wasn't all there if you know what I mean.  He also was at every MBB game back in the 90's as well.  He certainly added some entertainment value to every YSU sporting event.  Thoughts?

The story I heard on Superfan is that he once taught at YSU and he became mentally ill at some point ( I heard that his wife died and he went crazy). Anyhow I used to see him genuflect at himself in the mirrored glass at Ward-Beecher hall every morning around 11:00 AM.  He was a harmless man and would have a bunch of plays written on a little note tablet and he would call them out to the team bowing ritualistically calling out plays. I saw him a few years ago and he wasn't doing that playcalling ritual but he was at a game. I am not sure how true the information was on if he was a professor or not, and I heard about it while I was in college.

Offline Double ET

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2013, 09:38:58 AM »
I used to see him standing in the North end corner doing his dance during the MBB games. I thought I saw him last year in some of the MBB games. He cut his hair short and he was sitting down most of the time at the North stand. However, I am not absolutely sure that was him. I thought he was around in the 80's in the MBB games. I saw him a few times couple of years ago in McDonald's across the stadium before the football game. However, I am not sure if he actually went to the game or not.

Offline stuperman17

• Humboldt Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2013, 03:15:20 AM »

The story I heard on Superfan is that he once taught at YSU and he became mentally ill at some point ( I heard that his wife died and he went crazy). Anyhow I used to see him genuflect at himself in the mirrored glass at Ward-Beecher hall every morning around 11:00 AM.  He was a harmless man and would have a bunch of plays written on a little note tablet and he would call them out to the team bowing ritualistically calling out plays. I saw him a few years ago and he wasn't doing that playcalling ritual but he was at a game. I am not sure how true the information was on if he was a professor or not, and I heard about it while I was in college.

I've heard the same story pretty much. Not sure about the wife thing but I did hear he used to teach at ysu before something happened. The Jambar did a story on him like 4 years ago, with what happened. I just can't remember at this point in time. I think car accident maybe?

Offline rayI09

• Royal Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2014, 09:33:45 PM »
Look for superfans return for the upcoming football season! Superfan and the university are in ongoing contract talks as we speak. Ysu recognizes the need to revive the fan base. If all goes well superfan will also be back for mbb games starting next season.

Some ideas being discussed include having superfan lead the team onto the field with rocket fueled roller skates, dropping him out of a c-130, and shooting him out of the rotc cannon. Anything to pump up the fans!

Gooo guins!

ValleyTalk

« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2014, 10:06:52 PM »
Look for superfans return for the upcoming football season! Superfan and the university are in ongoing contract talks as we speak. Ysu recognizes the need to revive the fan base. If all goes well superfan will also be back for mbb games starting next season.

Some ideas being discussed include having superfan lead the team onto the field with rocket fueled roller skates, dropping him out of a c-130, and shooting him out of the rotc cannon. Anything to pump up the fans!

Gooo guins!
He thinks he is funny, he really does. His sixth grade humor leads to crickets and not laughs.

Offline jjysuwin

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2014, 11:40:35 AM »
How is RAYI09 allowed to continue trolling on this board? The guy offers no intelligent postings at all
"Make no mistake, MSU is not going to be a top half of the Big 10 team. They are lower half. That O of theirs is due to be manhandled." - paladin

"Hunter Wells isn't ready next year for D-I football" - paladin

Hunter Wells Stat Tracker: 17/23 303 yds, 4TDs, 242.0 QB Rating