Author Topic: Men's and Women's DH today  (Read 5619 times)

Offline ysufan0505

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Men's and Women's DH today
« on: January 18, 2014, 12:54:17 PM »
Let's get 2 wins today!!! Hopefully there is a decent crowd for the games.

Offline cordep17

• Rock Hopper Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: Men's and Women's DH today
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2014, 06:49:51 PM »
Congrats to the ladies.
Hopefully the men can get another win. The only Detroit game I've gotten a chance to watch this year was the 50-or-so point loss to UCONN, and I'm guessing that isn't an accurate representation of what they could bring to Beeghly.
Statistics wise, Juwan Howard Jr. is who we have to keep an eye on. With McCallum, Calliste, Minnerath and Anderson all gone, he is now the leader of their team. Got a lot of minutes last year.

We need:
Belin to get back on track.
The defense to play the full 40 minutes
Quit getting caught standing around
Bobby to play the sort of defense he did last game and score when good opportunities present themselves while not forcing shots.

Offline guinpen

• Global Moderator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2014, 09:45:16 PM »
I was at the games, pretty nice crowd and plenty to cheer about
“Life is hard, it’s harder if you're stupid” - John Wayne

Offline ysufan0505

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2014, 09:54:01 PM »
2 great games! What a TEAM effort by the men... KP wasn't on his A game, but everybody around him stepped up. Kam still looks lost out there a little.... Solid crowd and solid day for the guins!

kforbs126

« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2014, 10:25:58 PM »
Watched the 2nd half online.  Really cool new uni's.  Penguins played really well.

Offline ysufan0505

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2014, 10:27:05 PM »
Yeah I liked the new Uni's too

Offline Double ET

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2014, 07:32:33 AM »
2 great games! What a TEAM effort by the men... KP wasn't on his A game, but everybody around him stepped up. Kam still looks lost out there a little.... Solid crowd and solid day for the guins!
I was at the game. They doubled up kp down low shutting him down around the basket. That open up the quick passes to the shooters at the 3 point line. Cole and Webber made the shots and we pull away in the 2nd half. Some of the passes and lay ups by DJ were spectacular. He had a great game. Clearly, Detroit put a tall defender on KP up front and doubled up on him down low. As a result, DJ was able to penetrate. Kam was pretty much lost out there. Hain is getting better under the basket.
The bench was terrible except for Amiker who did well on defense. We were still having trouble with tall guy near the basket. That Player from Germany almost killed us in the second half.

ValleyTalk

« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2014, 11:51:28 AM »
Very nice wins for each team. One thing to note is that the Men and Women each expanded their leads in the 2nd half. Instead of allowing the game to stay close the entire 2nd half, each team exhibited the ability to expand their leads into double digits and to keep them at those levels.

The women definitely seem to have caught onto Barnes system. The men shows they can win when KP AND Belin are held in check. Good sign.

Need to keep it up. Have Valpo and Wright State this coming week.

Be huge to win these last 2 at home!

Offline ItalianPenguin

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2014, 05:51:51 PM »
I was at the game. They doubled up kp down low shutting him down around the basket. That open up the quick passes to the shooters at the 3 point line. Cole and Webber made the shots and we pull away in the 2nd half. Some of the passes and lay ups by DJ were spectacular. He had a great game. Clearly, Detroit put a tall defender on KP up front and doubled up on him down low. As a result, DJ was able to penetrate. Kam was pretty much lost out there. Hain is getting better under the basket.
The bench was terrible except for Amiker who did well on defense. We were still having trouble with tall guy near the basket. That Player from Germany almost killed us in the second half.
The guy from Germany almost killed us?? You're speaking of Lippert. He had 6 points and 2 rebounds in 20 minutes.

Offline Double ET

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2014, 08:39:06 PM »
The guy from Germany almost killed us?? You're speaking of Lippert. He had 6 points and 2 rebounds in 20 minutes.
Sorry, I meant Bruinsma. I got him mixed up with Lippert.