Author Topic: Coaching Changes....  (Read 9043 times)

Offline ysufan0505

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Coaching Changes....
« on: January 15, 2014, 11:28:56 PM »
Now former YSU WR coach Kurt Beathard has accepted the OC job at Illinois St... Beathard gone, along with Mangino.... Who's next?

Offline rayI09

• Royal Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: Coaching Changes....
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2014, 08:48:44 AM »
Tresey will also be replaced. it's going to be a busy time for Wolford finding new coaches.

Offline rayI09

• Royal Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2014, 06:10:27 PM »
Good riddance to Tresey who will not be brought back. Also good riddance to Mangino and beathard who left for "greener grass". As part of his new deal with iowa state mangino gets $50000 per season food allowance.

To all the coaches leaving ysu,  don' t let the door hit ya where your momma split ya.

Hope wolf can find some good coachess

Offline rayI09

• Royal Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2014, 06:27:03 PM »
now those close to the program will tell you what really happened with mangino and why he left. Wolford wanted him to stay, but under the condition that mangino go on a diet. when confronted about this mangino became irate. that's when he chose to leave for iowa state. Wolford did everything he could to help mangino- he even offered to buy him richard simmons workout videos, but to no avail. things got so bad with mangino's obsession for food that he was eating the players pre-game meals.

it became clear to those within the program that mangino had a serious problem and it was affecting the teams morale. either he man up and go on a diet or leave. the decision was his. he chose to leave.

Offline ScarletRook

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2014, 07:53:12 PM »
I hope you typed that with the sarcasm font on, Ray.
Sounds like other distractions have been removed from the team too.
We will see.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2014, 07:53:56 PM by ScarletRook »

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2014, 10:11:04 PM »
I think Mangino is looking great. I asked him to hook me up with his guy so I can drop 5 or 10 ...well actually I need to add a zero on the end of the numbers.

Offline ELPENGUIN

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2014, 10:17:24 PM »
RAYI09 - very insulting post.  Are you actually trying to insult a person or are you actually a misguided bully?
"They have scalelike barbless feathers, flipperlike wings, and webbed feet and by the way also excellent athletic teams"

Offline ysufan0505

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2014, 10:29:07 PM »
now those close to the program will tell you what really happened with mangino and why he left. Wolford wanted him to stay, but under the condition that mangino go on a diet. when confronted about this mangino became irate. that's when he chose to leave for iowa state. Wolford did everything he could to help mangino- he even offered to buy him richard simmons workout videos, but to no avail. things got so bad with mangino's obsession for food that he was eating the players pre-game meals.

it became clear to those within the program that mangino had a serious problem and it was affecting the teams morale. either he man up and go on a diet or leave. the decision was his. he chose to leave.

That's just wrong.....

Offline jjysuwin

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2014, 11:39:56 AM »
Will someone please ban RAYI09 already!!
"Make no mistake, MSU is not going to be a top half of the Big 10 team. They are lower half. That O of theirs is due to be manhandled." - paladin

"Hunter Wells isn't ready next year for D-I football" - paladin

Hunter Wells Stat Tracker: 17/23 303 yds, 4TDs, 242.0 QB Rating

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2014, 02:09:13 PM »
BTW, has anybody actually offered evidence that Tressey is being replaced? I mean we certainly need help, but we have improved. Is it enough? He only has one recruiting class under his belt. One would have to think that being from the Valley and coaching in the Big-10 ...he knows what style we like and need.

ValleyTalk

« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2014, 08:13:16 PM »
BTW, has anybody actually offered evidence that Tressey is being replaced? I mean we certainly need help, but we have improved. Is it enough? He only has one recruiting class under his belt. One would have to think that being from the Valley and coaching in the Big-10 ...he knows what style we like and need.
He is on his way out the door. Give it 10-14 days or so I'd guesstimate. I wouldn't just post that if I didn't have it on good sources.

Offline rayI09

• Royal Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 20, 2014, 08:34:16 PM »
I heard that he is done. YSU hasn't announced anything yet because they are giving him time to try and find another coaching job. It is easier for him to find another job if he technically still has one. YSU is doing him a favor in that respect.

Offline Wick250

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 20, 2014, 08:36:25 PM »
Valley,

Have there been any leaks about a possible replacement?  Another of Wolford's coaching connections?  Or maybe an ambitious young guy who has started to make his mark in the lower collegiate levels?  I'm hoping for the latter.  We have already experienced two retreads.

Offline jjysuwin

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 20, 2014, 08:49:15 PM »
My sources tell me unless any coach finds a significantly higher paying job like the 2 who left , the staff will remain the same. Tressey is here for 2014.
"Make no mistake, MSU is not going to be a top half of the Big 10 team. They are lower half. That O of theirs is due to be manhandled." - paladin

"Hunter Wells isn't ready next year for D-I football" - paladin

Hunter Wells Stat Tracker: 17/23 303 yds, 4TDs, 242.0 QB Rating

ValleyTalk

« Reply #14 on: January 20, 2014, 09:38:32 PM »
Valley,

Have there been any leaks about a possible replacement?  Another of Wolford's coaching connections?  Or maybe an ambitious young guy who has started to make his mark in the lower collegiate levels?  I'm hoping for the latter.  We have already experienced two retreads.
No idea. I just know what I've been told. Remember Kravitz was gone January 31st. If I hear something otherwise, I'll post it, but last I heard is that he is expected to be gone.