Author Topic: Cleveland State Game  (Read 17468 times)

Offline ysufan0505

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Cleveland State Game
« on: January 12, 2014, 01:59:44 PM »
Big game tomorrow at home vs the Vikings. Hoping for a big crowd, but I doubt it. Especially with the up and down play of the team so far. KP has to get some help tomorrow for any chance to win. That means Weber and Kam knocking down 3's. I'm guessing it's gonna be a high scoring game. We need this W especially at home. Go Guins!

Offline Pita

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: Cleveland State Game
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2014, 05:27:30 PM »
We plan to be there.  CSU is always competitive on our floor.  They used to bring so many fans, we really had to cheer loudly to drown their fans out.  Course that was back in the good old days.  Spirit is gone, I think it left with Dom Roselli.  For those who never experienced those years, you really missed a GREAT time.

Go Penguins

Offline ysufan0505

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2014, 08:42:50 PM »
Any guesses on attendance numbers tomorrow???

Offline rayI09

• Royal Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2014, 09:17:43 PM »
Coach Slocum needs to get MAD(as in nutz). He needs to go bobby knight on everyone. Start throwin chairs arounds, beat some people up. Do like jerry tarkanian- instead of chewing on a towel he could take off his shoes and chew pn them.

He needs to rule by fear and intimidation.. most importantly strike fear into the hearts of the opponent. Lets face it this team meeds every advantage it can get. Call him "mad dog jerry". He is so bad coach wolf wont even talk trash to him.

Maybe this behavior will in turn fire up the crowds and light a fire under their butts. So instead of knittin doilies the fans maybe will start doing what fans are supposed to do at a sporting event- you know stand up, make noise, clap heaven forbid.

It kills me that some of these fans get upset when people stand up during a game. If you dont want people stamding up them go to the movies instead of a game.

It reminds me of the time a guy walked into a local bar and tried to order a hot dog. The bartender looked at him and said "son, we dont have hot dogs here. If you want a hot dog go to a baseball game"

Offline ItalianPenguin

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2014, 10:41:40 PM »
Cleveland St has opened as a 1 1/2 point favorite

Offline Pita

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2014, 05:48:10 PM »
Tonight's game on TV.  MYYTV and STO, good for us who planned to be there (season tickets) but a very minor mishap prevents walking.  Some days are luckier than others.

GO PENGUINS

Offline ysuindy

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2014, 07:03:34 PM »
Tonight's game on TV.  MYYTV and STO, good for us who planned to be there (season tickets) but a very minor mishap prevents walking.  Some days are luckier than others.

GO PENGUINS

Take care of yourself Pita - minor mishaps are never minor when they happen to me.

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2014, 07:51:45 PM »
Wow, even the HL announcers are so impressed with KP. He basically pulled back from what cold have been a blow-out by the end of the 1st-half. What a pleasure to watch.

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2014, 09:14:05 PM »
Is anyone breathing yet?! What a Game!!!! That Penn State transfer had thre back-to-back triples and the KP was on fire. They did a really good job covering KP in the second half, but I thought CSU left a lot of points on the bench. Then when Waters put the offense back in ...KP torched them. Then that crap call for steps. KP scores 2 to tie, charity toss for the lead, and knocks the ball back out of shooting range on D.

Is there even a doubt about game MVP?

Offline ysuindy

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2014, 09:18:12 PM »
Left work late tonight and was listening on the way home (Man I love I Heart Radio and Bluetooth).

Sounded like the place was rocking.  I think Robb Schmidt's voice cracked at the end.

Looking forward to seeing the highlights.

Offline Dmorton

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2014, 09:22:57 PM »
Wow!  Great way to open up the homestand!  The kids just wouldn't give up.  Love the defense in the last minute, especially the last five seconds.  KP willed his team to a win!

Offline Wick250

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2014, 09:39:11 PM »
From my vantage point, it seemed that Hain got hit when he fell to the floor with 5 seconds left.  Thought that would cost us the game.  Fortunately, CSU tossed the ball in near KP.  Not smart.

Never thought that we could stay in this game with the night that Belin had (or more accurately, did not have.)  Great effort against a team that was more athletic than us in every position except one....but that was a very big one.

Offline YsuPride

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 13, 2014, 09:47:08 PM »
Great game.    KP was just a man among boys tonight.  I was impressed with how loud the crowd was for a change.  Our defense stepped up when we needed it the most.   

Offline ysufan0505

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 13, 2014, 09:53:08 PM »
Kendrick Perry is the greatest basketball player in YSU history.... Wow what a game!!! A one man wrecking crew! Kam had an awful night, bad passes, horrible defense and 0 points????..... But regardless, good W at home

Lets_Talk

« Reply #14 on: January 13, 2014, 10:02:35 PM »
Very nice win. Team played great defense, and KP took over down the stretch. Fun game to watch!!