Author Topic: YSU vs GB....  (Read 8230 times)

Offline ysufan0505

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
YSU vs GB....
« on: January 04, 2014, 03:55:28 PM »
85-69 Final..... Again horrible defense. KP was nowhere to be found?!? Giving up 70+ points again. Bobby was our leading scorer with 18 and 12 of them were from the FT line!!! Hmmmm

Offline rayI09

• Royal Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: YSU vs GB....
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2014, 04:07:20 PM »
KP was MIA andI ain't talkin where the Heat play at.

Offline ysufan0505

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2014, 04:21:41 PM »
For as great of a player as he is, he can't go for 6 points in the first half like he did today. I don't expect him to put up 30+ every game but he has to be the catalyst for this team to go anywhere.

Offline rayI09

• Royal Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2014, 04:37:57 PM »
scary thing is YSU is this bad with a player like KP. how bad are they going to be next year and the year after that?

Offline ysufan0505

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2014, 05:03:32 PM »
Here's some stats. After 17 games. YSU averages 81 ppg which 31st in the country. Pretty darn good.... DEFENSIVELY: Giving up 74.1 ppg which is 321st in the country out of 345 schools..... Yikes. Just saying!

Offline YsuPride

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2014, 05:08:14 PM »
Slocom coach of the year to some posters.  The team is getting worse instead of better as the year goes on.  Blame that on coaching and nothing else plain and simple.

Offline YsuPride

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2014, 05:19:12 PM »
I forgot Slocom has the big win against 3-10 S. Dakota.  Sorry to all for forgetting that huge win for the program. 

Offline ItalianPenguin

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2014, 07:52:21 PM »
Ah, more positive reinforcement from "Pride"--aren't we lucky to have such fans. Let's not over-react to two road losses to what may be the best two teams in the league. 05 is correct--the defense has been poor to date and needs fixed, and Perry didn't play well today.

Offline YsuPride

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2014, 08:54:55 AM »
Milwaukee not great they just got killed at home by cleve. St.     Without no defense or inside game we are in serious trouble down the stretch.   This is fact and not negetivity.   This team has K.P and a solid team returning and we are worse than last year especially defensively.   Who is to blame for that?    Get rid of Slocom Mr. Strollo!

Offline Penguin Nation

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2014, 10:28:03 AM »
Last year we started the season with wins over GW and Georgia.  The GA game wasn't really even that close.  We beat UWM twice, and by 14 points in one game.  It does seem like the team has slid downhill some, although I do still expect a similar league record.  Has the loss of Eargle been that devastating to our D?  It appears so.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2014, 12:09:09 PM by Penguin Nation »
"These two cats that we played against from Youngstown State were as good of pass rushers as I've seen"

--WVU Head Coach Dana Holgorsen

Offline KilrpengWin

• Humboldt Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2014, 10:30:49 AM »
I forget now, but which of you posters said this was a "fun" group to watch?  Only a sadist. Is anyone having fun now?

Offline Wick250

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 05, 2014, 04:31:07 PM »
Despite his relatively small size, Eargle gave us three years of good defense in the paint.  He was able to use his extraordinarily large wing span to confront larger players.  Since he could block shots against just about everybody, our guards could stay on their men without sagging.  His absence has indeed been devastating for this team.

Lets_Talk

« Reply #12 on: January 06, 2014, 09:31:05 PM »
Eargle was not overly tall, but he had a very long arm span, and in addition to all the shots he blocked, there were a bunch that he altered. Not too mention opponents having the presence of Eargle in their minds whenever he was on the court. YSU has nothing remotely close to that this season on defense, and it shows.

As for KP, well, he is not going to score 30 every game. He needs help.

It is important to remember both of these games were on the road, and GB is likely the best team in the HL. At the same timer, CSU blasted UWM on Saturday. Does not really surprise me, as I watched CSU play at Kentucky earlier in the season, and they are going to be a handful for teams in the HL.

YSU relies to much on the 3 point shot, and this is coming from a person who loves the 3-point shot. And, as we have seen in previous years, when the team as a whole is on, this approach can be lethal for the opponent. But, it is very hard to stay on for an entire game.

The stat posted about the defense is very telling. Hard to win games when giving up as many points as YSU gives up. Another huge problem is lack of production of the bench.

Offline ItalianPenguin

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 07, 2014, 10:41:45 PM »
I forget now, but which of you posters said this was a "fun" group to watch?  Only a sadist. Is anyone having fun now?
I did and it is. Come out of mommy's basement and see them.

Offline jjysuwin

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 08, 2014, 08:07:24 AM »

I said they were really fun as well. And they are. Only a sadist would say they aren't.
"Make no mistake, MSU is not going to be a top half of the Big 10 team. They are lower half. That O of theirs is due to be manhandled." - paladin

"Hunter Wells isn't ready next year for D-I football" - paladin

Hunter Wells Stat Tracker: 17/23 303 yds, 4TDs, 242.0 QB Rating