Author Topic: MSU  (Read 5591 times)

Offline Buddy

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
MSU
« on: December 08, 2013, 05:13:26 PM »
Hey.. For what it is worth. Michigan State had one loss this season and they should have won that game. beat Ohio State for the Big 10 Championship. I remember some poster saying since YSU lost to them tey suck...Funny stuff...... After this season I need something to laugh about!!! ;D

Offline ysufan0505

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: MSU
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2013, 05:13:53 PM »
Hey.. For what it is worth. Michigan State had one loss this season and they should have won that game. beat Ohio State for the Big 10 Championship. I remember some poster saying since YSU lost to them tey suck...Funny stuff...... After this season I need something to laugh about!!! ;D

Amen haha!

Offline Penguin Nation

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2013, 05:54:01 PM »
YSU's 4 loses:
1) Big 10 champs
2) reigning FCS champs
3) playoff team and MVFC second place team
4) bubble team

I don't think YSU would've gone past the second round, but still deserved one of the 13 at-large invites.
"These two cats that we played against from Youngstown State were as good of pass rushers as I've seen"

--WVU Head Coach Dana Holgorsen

Offline rayI09

• Royal Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2013, 06:29:45 PM »
3 of those losses where blowouts

Offline GuinsAndNoles

• Humboldt Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2013, 06:31:48 PM »
Put up 17 on them too. Not many B1G teams managed that. Granted they weren't exactly playing with their backs against the wall, but a pretty good number all the same.

Offline ItalianPenguin

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2013, 07:56:47 PM »
YSU's 4 loses:
1) Big 10 champs
2) reigning FCS champs
4) bubble team

I don't think YSU would've gone past the second round, but still deserved one of the 13 at-large invites.
In other words, the only 4 teams we played who were any good

Offline SoupCity

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2013, 08:22:30 PM »
YSU's 4 loses:
1) Big 10 champs
2) reigning FCS champs
4) bubble team

In other words, the only 4 teams we played who were any good

Hahahahahahaha....IP, great comment.  I enjoyed that one.  Did anyone notice what team THE OSU looked like yesterday?  A terrible defense with a very predictable offense (that wasn't working on the last 4 drives). 

Lets_Talk

« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2013, 08:25:55 PM »
+1 IP  ;D ....

I have never understood the "we lost to good teams" argument. Especially when talking about 4 losses, 3 of which the outcome was decided long before the game was over. And, I think it's a stretch to call UNI a quality opponent at the time they played YSU. Early in the season, yes. But, by the time YSU played UNI, the Panthers were a team on a 5 game losing streak, and highly depleted by injuries.

Offline Penguin Nation

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2013, 09:15:40 PM »
IMO, YSU deserved an at large invite more than the 9-3 (now 9-4) MEAC at-large invite that lost in the first round.  How does the SOS compare between the MEAC and MVFC?  How about Southern Utah, who also had an 8-4 record and was an at-large bid, and got clobbered in the first round?

As far as "good wins" for YSU, there is SIU and the absolute demolition of ISU red.  These are MVFC teams, not 1-AAA opponents that Fordham squeaks out wins over to make an impressive sounding 11-1 record.  We lose to UNI and SDSU, and they lose by two scores to 5-6 Lafayette, who gets slaughtered once they faced a non 1-AAA opponent in the playoffs.

YSU had problems aplenty in 2013.  Everyone knows that.  But, they were one of the best available 13 teams for an at large bid. 

"These two cats that we played against from Youngstown State were as good of pass rushers as I've seen"

--WVU Head Coach Dana Holgorsen

Offline Dmorton

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2013, 04:15:33 AM »
The bottom line is they (YSU) left it in doubt to a committee that is bias against us because they want their east coast identafiable teams in, and consequently with backrooom politics in play, that committee was all to eager to leave us out at 8-4.  Granted, we choked down the stretch, but I indicated we would be left out at 8-4, and was told I was crazy because of the league we play in.  Apparently, strength of schedule and the tougher the league you play in means nothing to the committee.  Especially when it comes to YSU.  I also indicated we would have to beat one of the MVFC big three to get in.  We choked against UNI as always.  And S--t the bed against ND State and SDSt.  Take care of business at home when you have your opportunities, and there is no way the East Coast biased committee can leave you out.  Remember the classic disapointment of Lafayette getting in over us in 2005, and we were tri-champions of the league with UNI and Western Ky.  Well, Furman got in at 7-5 this year, SHSt, SC State, and Southern Utah got in over us.  Really! Leave it in the hands of the committee, and we'll never see the play-offs again!