Author Topic: Men's Basketball tonight Austin Peay at Youngstown State  (Read 30564 times)

Offline ysufan0505

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: Men's Basketball tonight Austin Peay at Youngstown State
« Reply #60 on: December 05, 2013, 04:43:39 PM »
Could we competitive in the MAC?? Maybe..... We would be in the lower half of the schools each year. We are not going to the MAC anytime soon so all this talk is non sense. It doesn't fit money wise.

Lets_Talk

« Reply #61 on: December 05, 2013, 06:58:10 PM »
First off, I want to thank everyone for helping make this an enjoyable, interesting conversation. Some disagreeing, but no name calling or other childishness. Just people that follow YSU sports and YSU as a school engaging in discussion.

Axiom - I was told back in the mid 00's that the HL is one of the top mid-major conferences for volleyball. This was from a person with very good knowledge on the subject. This may or may not be  the case now, but this ws the reason for my comment about volleyball.

IP - I totally understand where you are coming from on the scheduling. I also realize that Warren Wilson was part of the Kennesaw State tournament. It just gets frustrating to see YSU play more than 1 non D1 teams, especially when playing non-competitive teams. I do not believe this helps the team prepare for the HL season, and it sure does not draw people to Beeghly. I can understand Geneva every year(I know they did not play this year), because of Slocums ties, it being close to YSU, and a nice game for the kids at Geneva, along with a win for YSU. Personally, I'd rather see YSU play more major conference games on the road for $$$$ and the experience that comes with these games, than 2 or more non D1 games at home. I now live in Las Vegas, and the UNLV non-conference schedule is very weak. They play all but 2 or 3 games at home. They play at Arizona on Saturday. I do not think this schedule prepares them for the MWC or NCAA Tournament, and it shows.

It was very nice to watch YSU finally beat RMU. Although, having seen YSU blow sooooooooooooo many leads in every fashion possible, I made sure to watch all the way to the very end  ;)

ray,

YSU beat KENT in the 06-07 season, but lost to Akron 70-61

Thanks again to all participating in this thread. And, as always .... GO PENGUINS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline jjysuwin

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: December 06, 2013, 08:30:54 AM »
I think this proves the negative attitudes of all of you on this board.

Here Slocum beat Robert Morris for what I believe his first time as a YSU basketball coach. This is a RMU team predicted to finish 2nd in their conference, a RMU team that made and BEAT Kentucky in the NIT last year. And we're still chatting in a thread about the Austin Peay game.

Could it be the negative Nancy's here will never be satisfied?

It was a great game on Saturday. It's too bad after beating a school located in our region that has had a great amount more of basketball success than us all I hear it negativity!
"Make no mistake, MSU is not going to be a top half of the Big 10 team. They are lower half. That O of theirs is due to be manhandled." - paladin

"Hunter Wells isn't ready next year for D-I football" - paladin

Hunter Wells Stat Tracker: 17/23 303 yds, 4TDs, 242.0 QB Rating

Offline JP21

• Royal Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: December 06, 2013, 10:59:29 AM »
I agree JJ. 

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #64 on: December 06, 2013, 02:40:04 PM »
 I think people mostly just used the old thread, but you are spot on JJ.