Author Topic: Selection Sunday  (Read 12987 times)

Offline YsuPride

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: Selection Sunday
« Reply #15 on: November 24, 2013, 12:22:32 PM »
And the 15 assistant AD's we have who are never in the office but working out while on the clock.

Spiderlegs

« Reply #16 on: November 24, 2013, 12:33:57 PM »
I have wondered what all those assistant ADs do. YSU does need to cut its budget--looks like a good place to start.

Offline robmat2571

• Humboldt Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 24, 2013, 12:45:36 PM »
I will not return next year if Wolford is still the coach.  No title will ever be won with this guy!

Offline paladin

• Emperor Penguin
  • Paladin
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 24, 2013, 01:16:18 PM »
Hello, Mr Chairman ? Utter bullsh!t.

First, I'm not upset that YSU didn't make it but it looks like the "criteria" has changed AGAIN

!. Must win in conference -- how is UNI a bubble team or even considered with a 3-5 record / Much less several other teams this applies to.

2.Must win the end of season -- the last game ? the last 2 games ? The last 3 ? Several teams got beat at the end-- Maine ?

3. And lastly , must beat your 1-A/FBS opponent. Really ? That was never an issue before with lots of teams getting in with losses to their I-A.

And where was the consideration of WHAT WAS SUPPOSED to be considered -- GPI, Massey, won-loss record ?

Again, I'm not upset that YSU wasn't picked, but the committee sure sh!t on the MVFC, the toughest league in the country. There isn't any integrity on the playoff selection committee. None.

Offline KilrpengWin

• Humboldt Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 24, 2013, 01:27:00 PM »

First, I'm not upset that YSU didn't make it but it looks like the "criteria" has changed AGAIN

!. Must win in conference -- how is UNI a bubble team or even considered with a 3-5 record / Much less several other teams this applies to.

2.Must win the end of season -- the last game ? the last 2 games ? The last 3 ? Several teams got beat at the end-- Maine ?

3. And lastly , must beat your 1-A/FBS opponent. Really ? That was never an issue before with lots of teams getting in with losses to their I-A.

And where was the consideration of WHAT WAS SUPPOSED to be considered -- GPI, Massey, won-loss record ?

Again, I'm not upset that YSU wasn't picked, but the committee sure sh!t on the MVFC, the toughest league in the country. There isn't any integrity on the playoff selection committee. None.
I agree with your thoughts here, all but you're singling out of Maine. Can you point out why?  A 10 and 2 record includes an FBS loss, and one conference loss.

Offline KilrpengWin

• Humboldt Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 24, 2013, 01:28:58 PM »
I know that earlier I said that the committee would take any east coast team with the same record as Y-town East coast bias is always there.

Offline paladin

• Emperor Penguin
  • Paladin
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 24, 2013, 01:33:48 PM »
I'm leaning on the chairman's use of the word " MUST" each time.  Pure bullsh!t.

Again.

Offline penguinpower

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 24, 2013, 01:36:31 PM »

Couldn't have said it better myself.

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #23 on: November 24, 2013, 01:46:30 PM »
I watched the broadcast again just now. The chairman said "winning" first time, and in the summary sentence he used the word "playing". If any of you have the espn app, it is out on replay section already.

Offline penguinpower

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 24, 2013, 01:55:10 PM »
I watched the broadcast again just now. The chairman said "winning" first time, and in the summary sentence he used the word "playing". If any of you have the espn app, it is out on replay section already.

What are you referring to?

Offline paladin

• Emperor Penguin
  • Paladin
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 24, 2013, 02:18:51 PM »
I also see SHSUgot in with TWO wins over sub-D-I teams. I recasll when YSU wasn't allowed in for Slippery Rock, who gave better competition than the Pioneer teams that you got credit for. But now we are playing "weak" non-scholly D-I teams and called not qualified and SHSU gets a pass with 2 wins of Sub D-I.

Integrity, Mr Chairman. You have none.

Offline peteonastick

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 24, 2013, 02:21:17 PM »
If you really think that we deserved to get in you are delusional...have to win the big games and we did not!!!  No excuses...when you leave it in the hands of a committee...that is what you get...have to win the conference or at least second!!!
THE DRIVE FOR 5

Offline paladin

• Emperor Penguin
  • Paladin
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 24, 2013, 02:25:03 PM »
I'm pointing out the lack of integrity on the committee.

And it reeks.

Have no problem with YSU getting blown out and not making it.

Why have "any" criteria if you aren't going to follow it ? Your selections are purely political and not fact based.

Offline ysuindy

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 24, 2013, 02:34:41 PM »
I also see SHSUgot in with TWO wins over sub-D-I teams. I recasll when YSU wasn't allowed in for Slippery Rock, who gave better competition than the Pioneer teams that you got credit for. But now we are playing "weak" non-scholly D-I teams and called not qualified and SHSU gets a pass with 2 wins of Sub D-I.

Integrity, Mr Chairman. You have none.

Incarnate Word and Houston Baptst are both FCS Independent. 

New programs with crappy teams, but they are FCS.

All of SHSU's wins are over FCS teams.

Offline TennBison

• Rock Hopper Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 24, 2013, 02:39:58 PM »
I know that earlier I said that the committee would take any east coast team with the same record as Y-town East coast bias is always there.
Samford had the same record as YSU, and New Hampshire even though one less win only played 11 games. Neither of those teams self imploded over the last 3 weeks of the season like YSU did.