Author Topic: Who is head coach in 2014 ?  (Read 52991 times)

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
Re: Who is head coach in 2014 ?
« Reply #75 on: November 26, 2013, 04:07:34 PM »
But, again, whether Wolford is the answer or not, Heacock needed to go--and before he actually did.

I stopped using my hands to bless myself momentarily and respond that I could not agree more. IP, you were the leader of the pack, against me, when I said that back then. So instead of saying that the I have an unjustified allegiance to coach H. Why not just admit you have a bias against me and be done with it? It is kind of like the man that tells is wife of 20+ years that he never loved any of the women he fooled around with.

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #76 on: November 26, 2013, 04:33:15 PM »
always like to hear from the  Heacock apologists.

Heacock's record declined each year he was here the first 4 years. Wolf has increased his record every year. Heacock was handed a Champion program. Wolf got what the disaster left.  No excuse, just the facts.

Seems we have a recruit of Wolf's playing for the Raiders this year. My opinion he wasd part of the best Juco class ever recruited here. Funny, but the rating systems show "stars" on many of our recruits now and most have more than one offer ( YSU). That is a BIG change over before. Fact. 

I talked for years about how poor Heacock was and he bore me out as correct. In fact, most finally agreed with me he had to go . Long over due as most now claim. Trouble is, the AD is still here and he is a  stinker.

Feel free to fire Wolf. See what you get under the circumstances. BTW, I don't and never have bought into your evaluation of this program. But its entertaining. Keep it up.

You are funny. Answer a few responses:

always like to hear from the  Heacock apologists.
So just what is a "Heacock apologist" and how am I one? It would seem to me that a Heacock apologist would be making excuses. I am not asking for any apology. Nor offering.

Heacock's record declined each year he was here the first 4 years. Wolf has increased his record every year. Heacock was handed a Champion program. Wolf got what the disaster left.  No excuse, just the facts.
Did I not call for his head back then? You were here defending him & telling me it was too soon. Also, so tell me how a team that just lost all of it coaches can be classified as "a championship program". How many players left Wolf's first year? So who caused the disaster again?

Seems we have a recruit of Wolf's playing for the Raiders this year. My opinion he wasd part of the best Juco class ever recruited here. Funny, but the rating systems show "stars" on many of our recruits now and most have more than one offer ( YSU). That is a BIG change over before. Fact. 
Say ...show me all of those starred players. There has only been 2 players with more than 2 stars. Seems to me that if you were truly a raider fans you would notice that Wolf's predecessor put a player on the other side of the ball in Oakland. Fact ...mmm Your point again was?

I talked for years about how poor Heacock was and he bore me out as correct. In fact, most finally agreed with me he had to go . Long over due as most now claim. Trouble is, the AD is still here and he is a  stinker.
Any time you want to start going back through AD's ...feel free. I would love the opportunity to discuss just how much the current AD has done for this school. Again, why did you not agree with me that coach H needed to go back after the 2004 season? Feel free to search I imported all of the data from the old board on to this one. The difference is that I did not think he should have gone when he did. He was in only the second year of a staff and offense change. I am fairly confident that coach H would have put the spread O in here without blowing up our defense in the process.

Feel free to fire Wolf. See what you get under the circumstances. BTW, I don't and never have bought into your evaluation of this program. But its entertaining. Keep it up.
I shall do so thanks ...you are welcome to do the same without my permission. The difference between you and I is that I give my opinion and tell you it is my opinion. You just type "fact" after it ..and think everyone will believe and agree with you. You just need to stop becoming upset at people that do not agree with you. That is what a forum is all about. Oh and any time you are tired a YSU (of old) clone "whipping up" on our backsides ...just let me know.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2013, 07:15:03 PM by IAA Fan »

Offline Pita

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: November 26, 2013, 04:59:24 PM »
Just want to remind those who have forgotten, for what it is worth...Coach Heacock did win our conference.
Did coach Tressel....NO!   Did Wolford...NO!

Hate to jab those who so wanted him out of here, just trying to fairly judge the Coaches.  I am certain some of
Coach Heacocks player picks also attributed to Wolfords few wins.

GO penguins....2014 will be here before you know it!

Offline ItalianPenguin

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: November 26, 2013, 05:39:39 PM »
Pita--you know I love ya' but yes Heacock won the conference and Tressel didn't. Tressel also won 4 National Championships. Heacock won 2 playoff games in 9 years, both in the same year. I know which I'd rather have on my resume. Jon was (and is) one of the greatest PEOPLE you'll ever meet. But we can't confuse that with what happened on the football field.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2013, 05:42:46 PM by ItalianPenguin »

Offline ItalianPenguin

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: November 26, 2013, 05:41:49 PM »
But, again, whether Wolford is the answer or not, Heacock needed to go--and before he actually did.

I stopped using my hands to bless myself momentarily and respond that I could not agree more. IP, you were the leader of the pack, against me, when I said that back then. So instead of saying that the I have an unjustified allegiance to coach H. Why not just admit you have a bias against me and be done with it? It is kind of like the man that tells is wife of 20+ years that he never loved any of the women he fooled around with.
I have no bias against you, I don't even know you. I just don't get your diehard allegiance to someone who had that poor of a record. But to each his own.

ValleyTalk

« Reply #80 on: November 26, 2013, 08:16:02 PM »

I have no bias against you, I don't even know you. I just don't get your diehard allegiance to someone who had that poor of a record. But to each his own.
Amen. Everyone I know that knew Jon Heacock as a person and as a coach said nothing but great things about the guy. However, as a coach, his resume speaks for itself.

Regarding next year, I'd imagine a 1 year extension would be in order, perhaps with an additional option if they make the playoffs next season.... not sure if they work out deals like that at this level.

Offline KilrpengWin

• Humboldt Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: November 26, 2013, 08:26:15 PM »
Just for s***s and giggles, why don't we take a poll and see where we stand on the future of Coach Wolford?  It could be multiple choice. Can him. keep him around for the rest of his contract, or give him an extension. It won't make any difference' just like this topic, 'cause Coach aint goin' nowhere. But at least the powers to be would realize where the best and most loyal fans of the 'guins stand. ;D

Offline ysufan0505

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: November 26, 2013, 08:29:37 PM »
I still believe in Wolford as a head coach. Love the way he recruits, but he DOES need to get some better assistants around him (Montgomery, Tresey). Unfortunately, if he doesn't get an extension, I doubt he makes any major changes on the staff to jepordize him and the team. I still support him fully

Offline HappyPenguin

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: November 26, 2013, 08:43:53 PM »

several DL with pass rushing abilities and run stopping skills.

No doubt about it.

That would improve every level of the defense in and of itself.

Offline paladin

• Emperor Penguin
  • Paladin
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: November 26, 2013, 08:46:31 PM »
I seem to recall, for the old timers on this board, that I came on after reading this board for awhile to warn of impending LOSING that was about to begin under Heacock. I even told you why it was going to happen. Boy did I get attacked, lol. But true to my word, in watching the poor early recruiting by Heacock it wasn't hard to predict. Yet the faithful, watching the Tressel successor, were horrified that my prediction came true.   And out         came the pitchforks when I predicted it for a consecutive season. I didn't know what I was talking about, things were fine, blah, blah, blah. And presto -- Paladin was correct again and lost even more games. One I-AA Fan was a Heacock supporter. However, the dam burst when I started to identify substandard players. And then it started to become obvious to even those without a  clue what football was all about -- Heacock was killing a National Championship program.  I urged his firing. Strollo gave him an extension and I might add, many here supported that. Then luck struck -- several players got hurt pre-season and early in the season and got medical and normal red-shirts. The Gateway had an off year and PUFF, presto a Tri-Champ for YSU. Nirvana !!    The following year, loaded with lots of 5 year players and a RB from Canton McKinley who ran "Dave" all season  long , YSU won an outright title and a trip to the playoffs where "Dave" was shut down by Appy St. and you got your look at the new wave of FB -- the Spread O . Off tackle was a Neanderthal   play easily defended by loading the box. But the exodus of the 5th year players created yet another "HOLE" in the program and it was time to lose again. The cupboard hadn't been stocked and then Guins weren't competitive. The program was a bust. YSU had to buy out its coach who collected a paycheck while taking a year off. Think of the money YSU could have  saved if only they  listened to Paladin earlier , lol

Do your own homework, Fan, and search till your hearts content. I stand by my opinions. If that last second FG at UNI had hit the crossbar and bounced back, I don't think the "committee" could have kept out clearly SECOND place YSU, unless the toughest league was to be a one team playoff 

Offline paladin

• Emperor Penguin
  • Paladin
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: November 26, 2013, 09:09:29 PM »
and given the lack of integrity on the committee YSU probably wouldn't have gone this year  as 2nd place and 9-3. Reason -- lost the last two. MVFC wasn't good enough for two  playoff teams.

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #86 on: November 27, 2013, 04:53:17 PM »
Do your own homework, Fan, and search till your hearts content. I stand by my opinions. If that last second FG at UNI had hit the crossbar and bounced back, I don't think the "committee" could have kept out clearly SECOND place YSU, unless the toughest league was to be a one team playoff

Agreed so what does this have to do with your 3 paragraphs before this one?. We could have won one more game ...we would be in. Makes no difference which. had we beat only UNI or SDSU, we were in. Had we beat only NDSU ...NDSU, SDSU and YSU would all be in. Now again please explain what any of this has to do with coach H. We heard you the first time. Who are you trying to convince ...me or yourself? If his incompetence was that obvious ...then everyone saw it. Move on. Everyone else (including myself) did 4 years ago. I stand behind my opinions ...as you do to your gospel.

Offline ysubigred

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: November 27, 2013, 05:36:30 PM »
Just want to remind those who have forgotten, for what it is worth...Coach Heacock did win our conference.
Did coach Tressel....NO!   Did Wolford...NO!

Hate to jab those who so wanted him out of here, just trying to fairly judge the Coaches.  I am certain some of
Coach Heacocks player picks also attributed to Wolfords few wins.

GO penguins....2014 will be here before you know it!

Spot on Pita you cutie  ;) Wolford couldn't wear Jon's jock LOL!!