Author Topic: SDSU Game Thread  (Read 20490 times)

Offline Dmorton

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: SDSU Game Thread
« Reply #30 on: November 23, 2013, 06:18:26 PM »
Everyone jumped down my throat when I indicated that TSN had us out of the playoffs at 8-4, and went so far as to show me a bracket with UNI, SIU, Yng st, ND and SD States in the play-offs. Now Youngstown will not be in the playoffs because of another classic choke job, and someone like Lehigh, and Lafayette will get in.  Pally said we get in because of the league we play in, well we got our rear-ends handed to us, and we have not one signature win unless you count SIU as the one the would suffice.  Leave no doubt, did not play out in favor.  Pally I value your evalutions and game by game summaries as much as anyone, and always look forward to them, but simply playing the Missouri Valley Conference with debacles we've witnessed the last three weeks will not get it done.  I hope I'm wrong when the selections come out, but sadly to say I dont think we get in, and soon may be looking for another coach, if not this year then next.  You yourself said the QB and both line talent will be lacking next season.  I'm not trying to get anyone upset with me, merely pointing out facts, and the fact is over the last three seasons the program has not progressed to the point we'd all want to see.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2013, 06:24:36 PM by Dmorton »

Offline Double ET

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 23, 2013, 06:28:11 PM »
I was sitting in the snow in disbelief. We were down by 2 TDs and Wolf ran out the clock before half time at the 40 yard line with 40 seconds and 3 timeouts left. The series before that, we scored a TD with 2-3 plays. He either burned all 3 TOs before 2nd quarter or he saved all 3 TOs at the end of the 2nd quarter. That  was really Poor game management.

Offline penguin8797

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 23, 2013, 06:29:28 PM »
Their lines dominated on both sides of the ball. We missed tackles consistently, were completely disorganized on the missed extra point, Hess was clearly not himself. Game over. Maybe we squeak in to the playoffs and we somehow win a first round game, I can dream can't I.     

Offline JP21

• Royal Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 23, 2013, 06:35:38 PM »
I agree with DMorton. This team is a joke. People are talking playoffs, the defense can't even tackle.  It looks as though honestly, they gave up.  Once again they have a signature loss and then the wheels came off the wagon.

Offline paladin

• Emperor Penguin
  • Paladin
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 23, 2013, 06:39:31 PM »
First, that was an egg they laid today. Woefully unprepared, outplayed and yes, outcoached. It was a debacle. Poor D ad the O was manhandled . Yep, it was embarrassing.

However, given that the final record is 8-4 , tied for 2nd and YSU holds 9th place in GPI and has a high Massey rating, I'll wait till the playoffs are announced. Since they are "supposed" to be using a formula to take the human "stain" out of the selection, YSU still rates high In  criteria to be used for selection, will still be a Top team in the polls and the MVFC by everyone's evaluation is the toughest league in the country. Not my words, but "theirs". If the human element is used, I would understand how many would think YSU doesn't deserve to get in because they got dominated and lost the last 3. But then I look at who could well get in and I laugh . So, I'll check out the playoff selection and go from there. Needless to say, I got a lot to get off my chest  after this display today and the future. But that's for another time to discuss. 

Offline nova75

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 23, 2013, 06:44:53 PM »
Maybe they could get a home game for the 500 people that will go.

Offline Penguin Nation

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 23, 2013, 06:49:19 PM »

The stadium seats 20K.  There were about 20 open seats per occupied seats (if not more).  Even adding 500 in the loges, no way the actual attendance is above 2,000.....but I'm sure the University will release a hilarious attendance figure of 7-8,000.
"These two cats that we played against from Youngstown State were as good of pass rushers as I've seen"

--WVU Head Coach Dana Holgorsen

Offline guinpen

• Global Moderator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 23, 2013, 07:45:02 PM »
First, that was an egg they laid today. Woefully unprepared, outplayed and yes, outcoached. It was a debacle. Poor D ad the O was manhandled . Yep, it was embarrassing.

I find myself agreeing with you again!
“Life is hard, it’s harder if you're stupid” - John Wayne

Offline guinpen

• Global Moderator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 23, 2013, 07:46:59 PM »

I think that the AD should give a season pass to every YSU fan that stayed until the end of the game, My group did! Heck they should throw in a parking pass also.

Offline guinpen

• Global Moderator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 23, 2013, 07:51:05 PM »
I was sitting in the snow in disbelief. We were down by 2 TDs and Wolf ran out the clock before half time at the 40 yard line with 40 seconds and 3 timeouts left. The series before that, we scored a TD with 2-3 plays. He either burned all 3 TOs before 2nd quarter or he saved all 3 TOs at the end of the 2nd quarter. That  was really Poor game management.

Agreed, could not believe we did not try and score, sent a bad message to the players. He either wastes TO's when he should not have to or keeps them in his pocket.

The missed XP was sad, we try and show all these looks and run out of time, hurry the kick and miss. Cut the crap, line up and kick it!

Offline ysubigred

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 23, 2013, 07:53:42 PM »

However, given that the final record is 8-4 , tied for 2nd and YSU holds 9th place in GPI and has a high Massey rating, I'll wait till the playoffs are announced. Since they are "supposed" to be using a formula to take the human "stain" out of the selection, YSU still rates high In  criteria to be used for selection, will still be a Top team in the polls and the MVFC by everyone's evaluation is the toughest league in the country. Not my words, but "theirs". If the human element is used, I would understand how many would think YSU doesn't deserve to get in because they got dominated and lost the last 3. But then I look at who could well get in and I laugh . So, I'll check out the playoff selection and go from there. Needless to say, I got a lot to get off my chest  after this display today and the future. But that's for another time to discuss.

No team speed either even the radio guys said it  8)

Offline Dmorton

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 23, 2013, 08:08:10 PM »
Paladin, I'll interested in hearing what you have to say in the future regarding thie debacle and the state of YSU football going forward!

Offline paladin

• Emperor Penguin
  • Paladin
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 23, 2013, 10:07:54 PM »
"Offical attendance" -- 8973

::)

Offline peteonastick

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 24, 2013, 09:58:01 AM »
Take away the 8 and I think you are on to something.
THE DRIVE FOR 5

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #44 on: November 24, 2013, 10:13:20 AM »
Hannon just announced the sdsu is making snow angels on our field with their fans. How does that feel penguins?

yes they did ...I was right there watching. Are guys just ran off the field. About 6 of them came over and high-fived the kids waiting.  So sad.