Author Topic: Coaches Show on 570  (Read 3691 times)

Offline penguinpower

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Coaches Show on 570
« on: November 21, 2013, 10:48:01 PM »
I listened to the coaches show on 570 tonight. To those of you that don't know it is normally on Thursday nights and Hannon usually hosts it. They will not have one next Thursday due to the Holiday it will be rescheduled (probably pending the playoff selection etc)

Anyhow Hannon asked the coach some good questions tonight and I really like what the coach said. In his own way he admitted that we don't have the best defense, but he also kind of inficated that he continues to strengthen the program, build the program etc. He also that he and the staff do not get negative about anything. If they make a mistake and it costs them, they aren't going to be negative. The just won't do it. To me it appears to be the case to the point where they don't think that they will lose games. Sounds odd but I get what he is doing and it is important.

He also likes his chances against NDSU with Hess in the game and figures we will see them again if we take care of business this weekend. It may be a good thing that NDSU has not played against Hess if Hess can play in the playoffs.

Wolford spoke briefky about the index that the selection committee uses. He claim not to know much about it and he also claims that we have the best conference. I get a kick out of Hannon. He asked some really pointed questions. It was the best show in a while.

Offline ysuguins4

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: Coaches Show on 570
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2013, 09:09:07 AM »
He also likes his chances against NDSU with Hess in the game and figures we will see them again if we take care of business this weekend.

Let's hope the third time is a charm, because he said the same thing after the NDSU game the previous two years.  "I'm tellin ya, we'll see 'em boys again".  Needless to say Wolf did not hold up his end of the bargain.

Offline rayI09

• Royal Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2013, 09:42:35 AM »
I disagree with you about bob hannon penguin power. Hannon is a great broadcaster, but he is a soft interviewer. He never asks tough questions just like all of the local media. No one ever really asks tough questions or criticism when warranted. For example, he should ask wolford why is our d line so bad? Why cant we pressure the quarterback? Why do we play such soft coberage on receivers?

Hannon should ask questions that make wolford sweat and get flustered.
Remember how bad pete mollica was? He was the worst excuse for a journalist ever. Ysu could lose by 50 and he wouldnt have a bad thing to say. Remember how he defended coach heacock all those years to the detriment if the program?

Offline penguinpower

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2013, 10:25:06 AM »
That's what I'm saying. He went there last night. There were some uncomfortable moments but it appeared thatWolford was in the mood to answer some of those questions. Hannon talked about the line play with him.

Offline JP21

• Royal Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2013, 08:25:27 PM »
Anyone have an idea where I could get the audio from that coaches show?