Author Topic: How far are we from being a contender?  (Read 13276 times)

Offline Double ET

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: How far are we from being a contender?
« Reply #15 on: November 22, 2013, 12:02:05 PM »
I think YSU is fine in the skilled positions given the quality of play from the freshmen and sophomores. The one position up in the air is QB, but Tanner Garry's performance last week leads me to believe that we will be fine as long as he gets coaching or reps.  If someone we haven't seen, like Ricky Davis, outperforms Garry, all the better.  The real deficiency is elsewhere, OL and defense. Most of our players in these positions seem to lack the size, athleticism, and knowledge of the game to make us a true contender.
I was at the game and watched the play developed. Yes, Garry should have checked down to throw to Webb who was wide open out on the flat. However, the ball would not have been intercepted if Andrew Williams did not quit on the route and pull up. He did well under pressure with the 4th down pass for a TD to Nate Adams.

Offline ysufan0505

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 22, 2013, 12:16:05 PM »
You're not????  They were totally manhandled last weekend.

Talking about next year Soup, this year is a different story. No offense, but besides Elkins and Bryant, we're playing with guys who have been backups their whole ysu career.....

Offline SoupCity

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 22, 2013, 12:28:26 PM »
You're not????  They were totally manhandled last weekend.

Talking about next year Soup, this year is a different story. No offense, but besides Elkins and Bryant, we're playing with guys who have been backups their whole ysu career.....

Gotcha, that was my point!!!

Offline KilrpengWin

• Humboldt Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 23, 2013, 04:37:43 PM »
In light of the disaster visited upon the team by the bunnies, would anyone like to revise their thoughts on this topic?

Offline SoupCity

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 23, 2013, 04:46:48 PM »
0505.....ready to agree with me yet?  This program is ZERO, PERIOD.  Keep thinking that Eric Wolford is the man for the future of this program. 

Offline nova75

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 23, 2013, 06:47:32 PM »
Until they stop playing finesse football and start to prioritize defense, they are quite far from contending for a title. They play like a Big 12 team. Have to win 50-48. That is gay football. Man up and kick someone in the face.

Offline Pizza

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 23, 2013, 07:22:57 PM »
Until they stop playing finesse football and start to prioritize defense, they are quite far from contending for a title. They play like a Big 12 team. Have to win 50-48. That is gay football. Man up and kick someone in the face.

fb

Offline guinpen

• Global Moderator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 23, 2013, 07:53:51 PM »
So far away, doesn't anybody .........
“Life is hard, it’s harder if you're stupid” - John Wayne

Offline ysubigred

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 23, 2013, 07:54:53 PM »

You sir are a genius!! Seriously, my thoughts exactly +1^^

Offline nova75

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 23, 2013, 08:01:47 PM »
I love the stupid extra point formation. Gimmick football. Win or lose, Sammarone must go home and pour acid in his eyes. Enough 2 yard passes. The spread is great if your QB is 6'4" and runs a 4.3.

Offline penguinpower

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 23, 2013, 08:34:59 PM »

When I come back to Ohio at Christmas I am buying you a few beers.

Offline nova75

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 23, 2013, 08:52:30 PM »
Haha. With his SEC experience you'd think he would have stud lines. But he loves the 5'5 receivers and backs.