Author Topic: Late Hit  (Read 11576 times)

Offline NDSUSR

• Humboldt Penguin
    • View Profile
Late Hit
« on: November 18, 2013, 02:34:02 PM »
Honest opinions.  Was this really worth all the hoopla?
If you edit the clip and mark the ball leaving and the time of contact, the time is 0.10 seconds.

Come on man.....

http://s14.photobucket.com/user/tjamz/media/20131118_121551_zps6970db63.mp4.html
« Last Edit: November 18, 2013, 02:36:28 PM by NDSUSR »

Offline penguinpower

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: Late Hit
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2013, 02:36:41 PM »
Why are NDSU fans making such abig deal about this?  This is allover AGS and everywhere.  What is the Big F'ing deal?

Offline NDSUSR

• Humboldt Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2013, 02:40:18 PM »
Why are NDSU fans making such abig deal about this?  This is allover AGS and everywhere.  What is the Big F'ing deal?

Its not.  I am just wondering if people here say its a late hit or not.
Nothing to get crazy about.

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2013, 03:36:32 PM »
NDSRU:

If you talk to any coach or official, you will find that (at least traditionally) the team they do not want ot caoch ahainst, or place they do not want to be assigned to is Ytown. We are are a very knowledgeable fan base & we are going to make a "big stink" out out of every little play ...especially the ones that do not get called. However, once the play is done ...it is done. If we had a bit too much brew, it may last a bit longer :) So it is not us carrying on about it.

Offline NDSUSR

• Humboldt Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2013, 03:45:52 PM »
NDSRU:

If you talk to any coach or official, you will find that (at least traditionally) the team they do not want ot caoch ahainst, or place they do not want to be assigned to is Ytown. We are are a very knowledgeable fan base & we are going to make a "big stink" out out of every little play ...especially the ones that do not get called. However, once the play is done ...it is done. If we had a bit too much brew, it may last a bit longer :) So it is not us carrying on about it.

Fair enough.  It just didn't seem like it was such flagrant foul that Wolf blew a gasket over it.
I would even go so far as to say it was not roughing, but if you go to the letter of the rule it was after the ball was released.  Momentum is a b****.

I saw a lot of stuff on AGS about your QB being tossed to the ground on that play.  Does anyone have a clip of that?  I cant find any replay that shows that.

Its all in the past anyway, but if something happened after the play and Nania was thrown to the ground I would like to know about it.  If so, its not acceptable and Wolf gets a little more of a pass.

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2013, 03:56:32 PM »
No problem. Wolf was just looking to show-off a bit. He has not quite perfected the skill yet. One thing  I can tell you is the amazing number of times an official changed his mind about throwing a flag or not. It works.

Offline SoupCity

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2013, 03:58:08 PM »
I'm not sure that it was anyone throwing Nania around.  It was #6, who seemed to be taunting our guys and then it looked as though he took a swing at someone.  That's when the officials decided to step in.  I do remember seeing him right in the middle of all that.  I thought that that was what Wolford was pissed about.  Maybe I'm wrong???

Offline HappyPenguin

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2013, 08:37:59 AM »
I'm not sure that it was anyone throwing Nania around.  It was #6, who seemed to be taunting our guys and then it looked as though he took a swing at someone.  That's when the officials decided to step in.  I do remember seeing him right in the middle of all that.  I thought that that was what Wolford was pissed about.  Maybe I'm wrong???

Yeah #6 was the one I saw as well. Very engaged with the WR's blocking from the first series. Happens all the time...usually results in a chicken fight sometime down the road between the WR and DB. Usually offsetting PF calls and move on.

I didn't see a swing, plenty of straight-arms after the play, pushes, jawing that kind of thing.

Wolf could point it out, but he was over the top. #6 looked like a thug all game but Wolf got the 15 yarder...that's football. Coach needs to shut it if he points it out and the refs do nothing about it. Let the players sort #6 out if they need to. They could have sent a TE over to say hello if they wanted him cooled off a bit.

Offline lakesbison

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2013, 09:02:36 AM »
#6 CJ is nothing close to a thug, Burnsville minn is a affluent suburb of Minneapolis.   If anything he was responding to your receivers and got caught up some jawing BS  bohl will remind the Soph 20 year old that this isn't a rap battle.

Offline ysuguins4

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2013, 09:11:03 AM »
Wolf wanted the guy thrown out after the hit on Nania at the end of the first half.  Don't know if he felt it was targeting, or if he was roughing him up after the initial hit.  Prior to the start of the second half, Wolf was still chewing on the line judge, and another ref had to come over and settle him down.  Wolf completely blew up when the same line judge did not throw a flag after Ruiz was stopped for a short gain in the 3rd quarter.  Not sure if Wolf was upset about the late pushing and shoving on that play, or if he thought it was taunting.

Offline HappyPenguin

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 19, 2013, 09:26:52 AM »
#6 CJ is nothing close to a thug, Burnsville minn is a affluent suburb of Minneapolis.   If anything he was responding to your receivers and got caught up some jawing BS  bohl will remind the Soph 20 year old that this isn't a rap battle.

Just going by what I saw...late crap almost every play with whoever was close by. Not a big deal.

Offline Karl Hungus

• Humboldt Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 19, 2013, 02:42:16 PM »
Didn't Aaron Hernandez live in an affluent suburb of Boston ? ;D

Offline peteonastick

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 19, 2013, 04:49:59 PM »
Smith was a thug all game...he was on our side a lot and right in front of the YSU team he was giving receivers the business late after the whistle..I think when the play was over there was a little extra curricular going on and that fueled Wolf.  There were a lot of bad spots...on both sides of the ball...but as they say...if you allow the refs to take a game away then you never deserved to win...don't let the refs decide the game...let your play on the field decide!!!

GO GUINS
THE DRIVE FOR 5

Offline TennBison

• Rock Hopper Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 19, 2013, 09:00:44 PM »
Smith was a thug all game...he was on our side a lot and right in front of the YSU team he was giving receivers the business late after the whistle..I think when the play was over there was a little extra curricular going on and that fueled Wolf.  There were a lot of bad spots...on both sides of the ball...but as they say...if you allow the refs to take a game away then you never deserved to win...don't let the refs decide the game...let your play on the field decide!!!

GO GUINS
Well maybe your receivers should have shut him up by catching a TD pass on him. I am sure your receivers we just angels the whole game and never talked any garbage to him to start things. I am sure you fans were right down on the field and could hear every word. Try anything you can to deflect from the fact you lost the game by complaining about everything but your teams performance. Your own message board has no threads about what your team did wrong to lose the game, only complaints about the Bison. They ruined the anthem, they hit our QB, #6 was smack talking. Face it, your O-line play stunk and that's why your QBs got blown up, your coach has control issues on the field and should have gotten at least 5 penalties for being on the field during a play. You coach say in his post game interview "no excuses" then goes on talking about excuses and whining about NDSU players should be ejected, you coach is a D-bag. You O-line and D-line were terrible, you have no pass defense, that is why you lost. But go ahead and avoid the issues your team has, after all, you coach does.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2013, 09:01:59 PM by TennBison »

Offline penguinpower

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 19, 2013, 09:10:43 PM »

GO GUINS
Well maybe your receivers should have shut him up by catching a TD pass on him. I am sure your receivers we just angels the whole game and never talked any garbage to him to start things. I am sure you fans were right down on the field and could hear every word. Try anything you can to deflect from the fact you lost the game by complaining about everything but your teams performance. Your own message board has no threads about what your team did wrong to lose the game, only complaints about the Bison. They ruined the anthem, they hit our QB, #6 was smack talking. Face it, your O-line play stunk and that's why your QBs got blown up, your coach has control issues on the field and should have gotten at least 5 penalties for being on the field during a play. You coach say in his post game interview "no excuses" then goes on talking about excuses and whining about NDSU players should be ejected, you coach is a D-bag. You O-line and D-line were terrible, you have no pass defense, that is why you lost. But go ahead and avoid the issues your team has, after all, you coach does.

You are an F'ing idiot go away. Not one person on here said that YSU lost the game over a penalty actually it is the contrary. We have won our fair share of NC's and we know what a team that wins it looks like. You don't have to tell us about our line play. We know about those issues. Your fan base is the most annoying buch of homers I've ever seen. Go play with yourself in the daily bizon circle jerk you all have on AGS.

Your fan base started this thread. You act as if your team does not have penalties. Well they were call for a penalty. If you want to say that YSU was at fault look at the stats, YSU is the 7th least penalized team in the FCS.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2013, 09:14:44 PM by penguinpower »