Author Topic: South Dakota State  (Read 28667 times)

Offline paladin

• Emperor Penguin
  • Paladin
    • View Profile
Re: South Dakota State
« Reply #30 on: November 18, 2013, 09:18:20 PM »
Red, you must be drinking. #25 doesn't play much for good reasons. Good kid, but has little to offer in this O. Blocking for passing ?  ;D  ................. when you see an open backfield, it tells you all you need to know. Todays O concepts have passed many of you by. As much as you dream of having the O  of the 90's back, that's  a dead issue over & done with. Football has passed it by with today's wide open days.

Of course, we could always go back to Klacik's unbalanced line and run off tackle  while everyone jams the box.

8)

Offline ysubigred

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 18, 2013, 09:24:21 PM »
Red, you must be drinking. #25 doesn't play much for good reasons. Good kid, but has little to offer in this O. Blocking for passing ?  ;D  ................. when you see an open backfield, it tells you all you need to know. Todays O concepts have passed many of you by. As much as you dream of having the O  of the 90's back, that's  a dead issue over & done with. Football has passed it by with today's wide open days.Of course, we could always go back to Klacik's unbalanced line and run off tackle  while everyone jams the box.

8)

Seems to work well for NDSU just saying.. DRINKING is gooooddd!!

Offline paladin

• Emperor Penguin
  • Paladin
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 18, 2013, 09:28:42 PM »
What are you drinking, Red. Both NDS RB were burners and not oversized. #25 is a slow powerback. Absolutely no comparasion .

Ojuri is 6', 212. Crocket is 6', 202. Fast & elusive

#25 is 5'11, 225, slow and plodding
« Last Edit: November 18, 2013, 09:36:36 PM by paladin »

Offline lakesbison

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 19, 2013, 09:06:50 AM »
Shut down zenner. You win easily.  I really don't see the bunny turds beating you guys.

Offline SoupCity

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 19, 2013, 09:21:49 AM »
If I remember correctly, we pretty much shut him down last year.  Got lit up by the pass (as usual).  Plus, he's banged up a bit right now from what I understand???  I'm hoping the run D against NDSU was just cuz we were manhandled by their line.  Hopefully this isn't a new trend.

Offline ysuguins4

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 19, 2013, 09:35:31 AM »
Minett ran all over the Guins in 2010, so the past two years they were geared up to stop Zenner, and Sumner torched them.  He went for 4 Tds and 345 yards in 2011 and 5 Tds and 351 last year.

Offline HLecter

• Emperor Penguin
  • I HATE MIAMI.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 19, 2013, 10:28:19 AM »
I am disappointed hugely in our LB play, and the DL,,,,DBs are OK with one possible exception that I will not name.

Gotta get some pressure on the QB,,,,,DBs can't guard for 5 seconds............I am hoping that NDSUs OL was just SO good that our DL and LBs had no chance of stopping their run game.

I understand the whole deal about a fast defense, to combat the up-tempo and spread out offenses of today, but I still think there is a place for a LB with the skill set of a Tim Johnson, Jon Tekac, Justin Dellarose and more.  Have we had a physical LB here since WOlf came?  I can't recall one.

Build  the damn defense FIRST during recruiting.  Michigan State to name one, always does, the will seldom get dominated, seldom blown out.  year after year after year.
I HATE MIAMI.  WATERBOARDING IS NOT TORTURE.  ABORTION IS.

I missed a four-footer for par the other day--THAT DAMN BUSH!

Offline ysufan0505

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 19, 2013, 02:07:28 PM »
Wolford said Hess is "good to go" for this week. Were gonna need him!

Offline SoupCity

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 19, 2013, 02:19:56 PM »
Has anyone heard the real deal with Hess?  Based on the way he was moving on Saturday, I find it hard to believe that he is "good to go" for this Saturday.  I thought I read somewhere he has some ligament damage.

Offline Wick250

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 19, 2013, 03:03:28 PM »
Soup,

I don't have any reliable information about Hess but read the same thing about ligament damage.  I guess it comes down to this: does he risk further and perhaps permanent damage by playing with that injury?  If so, we must cope with the third string quarterback.  However, if the injury causes pain and discomfort but poses no further health risk, Hess will undoubtedly play. 

Offline ysuguins4

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 19, 2013, 04:02:14 PM »
Has anyone heard the real deal with Hess?  Based on the way he was moving on Saturday, I find it hard to believe that he is "good to go" for this Saturday.  I thought I read somewhere he has some ligament damage.

Judging from how he was moving at the start, I don't understand why they risked further injury and played him at all.  Makes me wonder if they just wanted to keep his consectutive game streak alive.  I sure hope it didn't get any worse by playing.  They need to send him over to Coach Hartzell.  He'll put some bands on it, and fix it up in no time.

Offline ysufan0505

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 19, 2013, 04:16:43 PM »

Heard high ankle sprain with a little bit of ligament damage.... Hess will play Saturday. Senior night, win and in for playoffs.... No way Kurt will miss this game....... Dante Nania has a separated shoulder so Tanner Gary is the backup and Nick Wargo is 3rd string... Christian Bryan will hold on FG's and Extra Points. Wolf also said Julius Childs is questionable for the game Saturday.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2013, 04:34:54 PM by ysufan0505 »

Offline SoupCity

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 19, 2013, 08:53:37 PM »

Judging from how he was moving at the start, I don't understand why they risked further injury and played him at all.  Makes me wonder if they just wanted to keep his consectutive game streak alive.  I sure hope it didn't get any worse by playing.  They need to send him over to Coach Hartzell.  He'll put some bands on it, and fix it up in no time.

Yeah, I was a little pissed when he went back in after Nania got hurt.  If there isn't some significant improvement, I don't know why he would play this weekend.  He just didn't look comfortable while he was in. 

Thanks for the info guys.

Offline ysuguins4

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 22, 2013, 05:36:00 PM »
The Guins are the better team and should win this game.

YSU 28 - 21

ValleyTalk

« Reply #44 on: November 22, 2013, 05:39:02 PM »
The Guins are the better team and should win this game.

YSU 28 - 21
Senior leadership of Hess and Elkins gets us the W. Still no line in Vegas that I can find, yet every other FCS game has one. Wonder what is up with that.