Author Topic: So what happens now...  (Read 37215 times)

Offline SoupCity

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
So what happens now...
« on: November 16, 2013, 07:49:17 PM »
After today I'm even more convinced that Wolford should go.  The fire the DC and OC threads should be changed to the HC should be fired.  I understand all the injuries today....so nothing against that.  But I just don't see this program getting any better than what we've seen for 4 years now.  Wolford should go back to the SEC where he can be a running game coordinator and make better money.  It's almost funny how bad that defense is and the coaching just watches stuff go by and never adjusts.  All this talent recruited by Wolford, I'm no longer buying into that theory.  And yes, I'm taking into account that NDSU is the best this level of football has to offer right now.  I'm still pissed about UNI more than today.

On a side note, had my first run with a fan who actually asked me "are you really going to be standing up a lot today?"  Really????  I told her she was in for a looooooong afternoon and may want to go home.  UGH.

So, where do we go from here folks? 

Offline ysufan0505

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: So what happens now...
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2013, 07:54:54 PM »
We go to the playoffs. Something that hasn't been done here in awhile. I say that's progress under Wolford.

Offline ItalianPenguin

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2013, 07:57:10 PM »
We go to the playoffs. Something that hasn't been done here in awhile. I say that's progress under Wolford.
Not if you don't win next week you don't.

Offline SoupCity

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2013, 07:57:36 PM »
Again, I respectfully disagree.  This team is not worthy of the playoffs.  And I want that as bad as anyone on here.  But honestly, this team is going to do nothing even if it makes the playoffs.  At the rate their going, it will be an away game.  Are you going to go????  Is anyone else?????  If the answer is "no", then what's the point??

Offline ysufan0505

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2013, 07:58:19 PM »

Ysu still gets in even with an L next week. Even tho I don't want that scenario but they will get in.

Offline ysufan0505

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2013, 07:59:35 PM »
Again, I respectfully disagree.  This team is not worthy of the playoffs.  And I want that as bad as anyone on here.  But honestly, this team is going to do nothing even if it makes the playoffs.  At the rate their going, it will be an away game.  Are you going to go????  Is anyone else?????  If the answer is "no", then what's the point??

Ummm the point is to be in the playoffs and the chance to continue playing. Who cares if it's home or away?

Offline SoupCity

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2013, 08:00:05 PM »
Are you going to go or not???

Offline Karl Hungus

• Humboldt Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2013, 08:01:06 PM »
I am getting tired of we have to win the last game.

Offline SoupCity

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2013, 08:08:48 PM »
I am getting tired of we have to win the last game.

Yep, and how's that worked for us here recently????

Offline Dmorton

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2013, 09:07:55 PM »
Take care of business nest week, and still be on the road with this committee.  Viverito needs to step up for us! Ahhh Not!

Offline ItalianPenguin

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 16, 2013, 09:15:31 PM »

Ysu still gets in even with an L next week. Even tho I don't want that scenario but they will get in.
If we lose to SDSU next week, they'll have the same record as us and a head to head win. We will be on a 3 game losing streak. They won't put us in if that happens. Believe it. And if that happens, there will be a new coach in 2014. And you can keep worrying about how lousy Slocum is!!

Offline ysufan0505

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 16, 2013, 09:33:41 PM »

If we lose to SDSU next week, they'll have the same record as us and a head to head win. We will be on a 3 game losing streak. They won't put us in if that happens. Believe it. And if that happens, there will be a new coach in 2014. And you can keep worrying about how lousy Slocum is!!

The committee is not gonna take only 2 teams from the best conference in FCS. We will get in but it won't matter because we're gonna win next week and we can talk about Slocum another time ;)

Offline Wick250

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 16, 2013, 09:40:40 PM »
IP is absolutely correct.  If you look at the conference standings, there are going to be a whole bunch of teams that finish 8-4, including a FBS loss.  We lose to SDSU only if Hess is still crippled and on the sidelines.  Therefore, his injury becomes the perfect excuse for the committee to pass us over for another 8-4 team.  Can you really argue with their logic?  Are we a playoff caliber team without a quarterback?  Well, no.

The MVFC was superior to all others last season by a wider margin, the largest I had ever seen since such stats became public.  Yet, despite that superiority, Strollo had to work extremely hard to get SDSU into the tournament as our third representative.  Sorry.  Next week is a play-in game for us and for SDSU.

Offline Dmorton

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 16, 2013, 09:43:27 PM »
Even Hess pretty much said it's win or go home!

Offline rayI09

• Royal Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 16, 2013, 09:43:33 PM »
It would take a couple of back to back losing seasons before YSU even considered firing Wolford.  They have proven they don't have the guts to fire bad coaches. Look at how long they kept Heacock around. I wouldn't be surprised if Wolford gets a five year extension after this season. 

There were supposedly about 100 or so recruits at today's game. Guess were most of them will want to play?
Not YSU.

I also like the hypocrisy of coach Wolford.  He always talks about there is no better place to come and play than YSU and recruits should choose YSU over other FCS and FBS programs, yet when he was recruited to play at YSU by coach Tressel he turned down the opportunity so he could play at Kansas State.  I wonder if any recruits ever asked him if YSU is such a great place then why did you choose Kansas State instead?

I asked Scalzo to ask Wolford about this during the next weekly press conference. I would like to see Wolford worm his way out of that one.