Author Topic: Not cool  (Read 26834 times)

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
Re: Not cool
« Reply #45 on: November 19, 2013, 01:10:40 PM »
IAA FAN, it isn't the running onto the field with the flag that I was talking about. If teams want to run out with the flag I have no problem with that, no matter who does it. My point was (and I have seen this a handful  times in my life at most ) was the player holding the flag didn't keep it up off the ground, almost like he was carrying around a dish towel. I could see if it slipped a little and touched, but this was not the case. As for the Bison fans yelling Bison during the Nat.Anthem. I do it myself, but I could easily live without it. But if other teams (esp when we are traveling to their stadium) don't like it, then feel free to have enough (a sell out probably) fans in the stands, singing loud enough the accurate words to the Anthem that they drown out the Bison fans, then problem is solved on that end.

I have problem with them running out with the US flag. Just seems disrespectful to me. Again, something special for Vets day is great, but that would be about it for me. Where I was sitting you were drowned out

Offline Penguin Nation

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: Not cool
« Reply #46 on: November 19, 2013, 01:35:25 PM »
The flag thing is ridiculous.  There already is one flying.  Carry a Y flag.

It is easier to generate crowd noise in an echo chamber.  It's also easier to appear to have a large crowd in a smaller venue.
"These two cats that we played against from Youngstown State were as good of pass rushers as I've seen"

--WVU Head Coach Dana Holgorsen