Author Topic: Not cool  (Read 26831 times)

Offline TennBison

• Rock Hopper Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: Not cool
« Reply #30 on: November 17, 2013, 12:54:33 PM »
IAA FAN, it isn't the running onto the field with the flag that I was talking about. If teams want to run out with the flag I have no problem with that, no matter who does it. My point was (and I have seen this a handful  times in my life at most ) was the player holding the flag didn't keep it up off the ground, almost like he was carrying around a dish towel. I could see if it slipped a little and touched, but this was not the case. As for the Bison fans yelling Bison during the Nat.Anthem. I do it myself, but I could easily live without it. But if other teams (esp when we are traveling to their stadium) don't like it, then feel free to have enough (a sell out probably) fans in the stands, singing loud enough the accurate words to the Anthem that they drown out the Bison fans, then problem is solved on that end.

Offline Observer

• Humboldt Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 17, 2013, 01:39:04 PM »
The city of Y-town built this country. They would never understand.

....is that right?....probably one of the more ignorant things I've ever read.  Congrats on that.

You don't know what I am reffering to, go back to your own board. You are not welcome here.

There was no reference. You made a statement.  My response still stands.  As far as not being welcome....im used to that.

Offline Double ET

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 17, 2013, 02:43:50 PM »
IAA FAN, it isn't the running onto the field with the flag that I was talking about. If teams want to run out with the flag I have no problem with that, no matter who does it. My point was (and I have seen this a handful  times in my life at most ) was the player holding the flag didn't keep it up off the ground, almost like he was carrying around a dish towel. I could see if it slipped a little and touched, but this was not the case. As for the Bison fans yelling Bison during the Nat.Anthem. I do it myself, but I could easily live without it. But if other teams (esp when we are traveling to their stadium) don't like it, then feel free to have enough (a sell out probably) fans in the stands, singing loud enough the accurate words to the Anthem that they drown out the Bison fans, then problem is solved on that end.
In case you cannot tell. The flag hitting the ground by the player was either accidental or out of ignorance. What you guys did was intentional. That is a big difference. You probably have the freedom to change all the words. But, it does not make it a right. We are not discussing legality here. We are talking honor and respect. Which part of that don't you understand?

Offline YSUGO

• Global Moderator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 17, 2013, 03:23:07 PM »
The National Anthem should not be disrespected in any shape or form.  Its the National Anthem, not a song about Bison or anything else. If you want to honor your school or State use a different song. Yes you have a great football team, but if this is how you sing the anthem in your Stadium  Shame on you and the powers to be that let that continue. 
A Penguin for life!!!

Offline guinpen

• Global Moderator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 17, 2013, 05:55:29 PM »
Go, Nation and a couple of others, nice posts. Seems that they have been doing this so long that they just cannot see through it and understand what they are really doing. Some eluded to the fact that they have a "right" to do it. It is correct they do have that right, heck this is a great country, but to try and use that as an argument to justify doing it, sounds like something my kids tried when they were little.

Maybe not a major deal in the greater scheme of things, but it does reflect badly on them and their school and they do not understand it.

Time to move on.
“Life is hard, it’s harder if you're stupid” - John Wayne

Offline NDSUSR

• Humboldt Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 17, 2013, 08:51:12 PM »
I am a huge Bison fan.  I don't like it at all.
Its all in good spirit, but should not happen.

It will be almost impossible to stop it at this point though, so I tolerate it.

Offline Double ET

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 17, 2013, 09:14:11 PM »

no disrespect for NDSU or it's fans, only for those who have shown disrespect for our national anthem while trying to justify their actions.

Offline NDSUSR

• Humboldt Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 17, 2013, 09:21:29 PM »

no disrespect for NDSU or it's fans, only for those who have shown disrespect for our national anthem while trying to justify their actions.

I learned a long time ago that I cannot impose my beliefs on others.  All I can do is live my life.
Besides, who am I to judge. ;)

#BiggerFishToFry

Offline guinpen

• Global Moderator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 17, 2013, 09:29:51 PM »

A very reasonable post, best of luck to you and your team in the playoffs.
“Life is hard, it’s harder if you're stupid” - John Wayne

Offline SoupCity

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 17, 2013, 09:49:20 PM »

Just as a backup to everyone else, I respect your view as well.  I would have probably agreed to disagree with other NDSU fans, if I wasn't bombarded with some pretty ignorant comments on the AGS site.  I let get them under my skin pretty quick when that topic started.

But, oh well what's done is done.  Good luck the rest of the season. You guys have a GREAT team!!!!

Offline NDSUSR

• Humboldt Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 17, 2013, 10:04:06 PM »
Thanks all. 
Its weird how posts get under my skin some days. Especially on AGS.

Every team has it cross to bear.  For us its usually lakesBison.  :)

Offline ysubigred

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 17, 2013, 11:03:06 PM »
How is what the Bison fans yelling different than "play ball" before the anthem ends at the Indians/Pirates/Steelers/Browns etc.. game  ??? What is more offensive to me is when the fans both YSU and NDSU did not remove their head gear (hat). When I was a young soldier and really gung hoe I'd probably been a little more offended.. But after 6 plus years of the POTUS and the liberalism that is shoved up my asss the anthem being altered by a bunch of drunken fans is the least of my worries.

Offline ysufan0505

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 17, 2013, 11:17:38 PM »
NDSU fans yelling didn't bother me at all.... How is that different from people clapping and cheering before the singer is done singing the anthem??? Get over it people.

Offline NDSUSR

• Humboldt Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 17, 2013, 11:41:56 PM »
But after 6 plus years of the POTUS and the liberalism that is shoved up my asss the anthem being altered by a bunch of drunken fans is the least of my worries.

My sentiments exactly, but I didn't want to go there as I am new here.

Offline Bisonbacker

• Rock Hopper Penguin
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bisonsports.net
« Reply #44 on: November 19, 2013, 11:34:29 AM »
I can see also where fans get upset about the anthem and I don't really agree with that either.   But as others pointed out there are so many other things that are messed up in this country that I don't even think anymore about the anthem issue.  Hi to my friend Red.  Hope to someday make it to a game out at your guys home field.  Best of luck the rest of the way.