Author Topic: Not cool  (Read 26835 times)

Offline guinpen

• Global Moderator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Not cool
« on: November 16, 2013, 05:55:15 PM »
Game comments aside, I thought that it was very rude and really not cool what the NDSU fans did at the end of the National Anthem. Right at the end of the song most of them chanted something over the words of the song, could not understand what they said but it does not matter.

Do not mess with things like the National Anthem.
“Life is hard, it’s harder if you're stupid” - John Wayne

Offline BisonFan

• Rock Hopper Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: Not cool
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2013, 06:56:19 PM »
and the home.....of the BISON!!!!!!!!!

Yes, we do that.  Been doing it for years.  Get over it.

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2013, 09:08:51 PM »
Fan ...despite the bad singing (and playing) performance by the home team ...you should not do that. Play the fight song afterwards like most teams do. If you are away ...that's life. Saying we have been doing it for years is no excuse ...just years of ignorance. Then again, I believe there should be a law that requires the national anthem to be sung and played only one certain way.

Offline penguinpower

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2013, 09:18:10 PM »
The city of Y-town built this country. They would never understand.

Offline BisonFan

• Rock Hopper Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2013, 09:20:42 PM »
Keep finding something else to complain about.....just like your baby of a coach.

Offline SoupCity

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2013, 09:40:28 PM »
Keep finding something else to complain about.....just like your baby of a coach.

As I've said on another website that brought this topic up......no one is finding anything else to complain about.  But as a retired military guy, I find it rather disrespectful that you're adding your own words to OUR National Anthem.  It's pretty arrogant.

Offline guinpen

• Global Moderator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2013, 09:43:09 PM »
Game comments aside, I thought that it was very rude and really not cool what the NDSU fans did at the end of the National Anthem. Right at the end of the song most of them chanted something over the words of the song, could not understand what they said but it does not matter.

Do not mess with things like the National Anthem.

Not looking for anything to complain about, has nothing to do with the game, you have a nice team a nice fan base. It is just an ignorant unpatriotic thing to do during the National Anthem. I guess it may be cute for kindergarten kids but not for adults that should be old enough to understand the meaning of the song.

The fact that you have been doing it for a long time only makes it more pathetic.

Offline BisonFan

• Rock Hopper Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2013, 09:55:03 PM »
Had you won we would not be discussing this.  Is it disrespectful?  Not intentionally.  Can I see why you think it is.  Sure.  Fargo and the state of North Dakota is more patriotic than more states than you know the capital cities of. 

Offline SoupCity

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2013, 10:04:32 PM »
Go back to your board.  The game is over and we no longer need to see your ignorance.  Your not welcome here.

Spiderlegs

« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2013, 10:08:47 PM »
Post a video of it on Youtube and let the nation decide.

Offline guinpen

• Global Moderator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 16, 2013, 10:11:39 PM »
Had you won we would not be discussing this.  Is it disrespectful?  Not intentionally.  Can I see why you think it is.  Sure.  Fargo and the state of North Dakota is more patriotic than more states than you know the capital cities of.

Not so sure about this "more patriotic claim" I have sat at a lot of games over the past 40 or so years with teams from quite a few different states and today was the first time I was offended during that song. For now you rank about 50th.

I will say this one last time, who won the game has nothing to with this thread, rather simple.

Best of luck to you and your team the rest of the season.

BTW - I know all of the capitals.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2013, 11:06:38 PM by guinpen »

Offline lakesbison

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 16, 2013, 10:38:35 PM »
I'm not a fan..but its been this way since 1943 . Not much we can do about it. Its 1 word get over it please because NDSU has a huge military presence on campus and they do it. Sorry America

kforbs126

« Reply #12 on: November 16, 2013, 11:07:24 PM »
I'm active duty Navy and I can tell you, you do not disrespect the national anthem like that.  Just because it's been done for years doesn't make it right. 

Offline BisonFan

• Rock Hopper Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 16, 2013, 11:08:55 PM »
Go back to your board.  The game is over and we no longer need to see your ignorance.  Your not welcome here.

I'm actually surprised your coach didn't start off his post-game interview with this.  I'm sure it was one of the reasons why they lost and not because they were outplayed, etc. 

Offline lakesbison

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 16, 2013, 11:49:20 PM »
Kforbs. Thank you for the freedom you provide for BisoNation to say BISON.   1 word amonst ourselves not intended to hurt anyone.   Appreciate it!!

Ps.  What about your Youngstown troops dropping the large us flag on the ground after the game?????  The big one..that's much more disrespectful