Author Topic: Guins vs. NDSU - in Game Thread  (Read 33579 times)

Offline robmat2571

• Humboldt Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: Guins vs. NDSU - in Game Thread
« Reply #30 on: November 16, 2013, 06:58:46 PM »
Have you heard Wolf speak?  I highly doubt he is a genius:)  hahaha

I really did not like his "antics" on the sidelines today.  Do you think Les Miles, Nick Saban, Urban Meyer, etc. carry on that much on the sidelines?  IMO He acted more like an out of control player today than a coach.   Great leadership should provide intensity, yes... but with more control than coach Wolf seems to show.

Offline ysubigred

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 16, 2013, 07:17:58 PM »
Have you heard Wolf speak?  I highly doubt he is a genius:)  hahaha

I really did not like his "antics" on the sidelines today.  Do you think Les Miles, Nick Saban, Urban Meyer, etc. carry on that much on the sidelines?  IMO He acted more like an out of control player today than a coach.   Great leadership should provide intensity, yes... but with more control than coach Wolf seems to show.

Remember he received a degree when an athlete could major in basket weaving  ;)

Offline ysufan0505

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 16, 2013, 07:35:39 PM »
Wolf was trying to defend his player who was getting mugged. Don't blame him

Offline ScarletRook

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 16, 2013, 07:38:15 PM »
Exactly - #6 should have been given the left foot of fellowship back to the locker room.

Offline SoupCity

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 16, 2013, 07:51:06 PM »

0505, unfortunately I have to disagree with you here.  That particular incident showed me the lack of discipline from this team starts directly at the top!!!!  He literally b****** and complained ALL GAME.

Offline ysufan0505

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 16, 2013, 07:57:18 PM »

0505, unfortunately I have to disagree with you here.  That particular incident showed me the lack of discipline from this team starts directly at the top!!!!  He literally b****** and complained ALL GAME.

Every coach does that, c'mon now. Lack of discipline???? Wolford is the DEFINITION of discipline. That's a no nonsense guy. So Wolford gets a penalty for screaming at the ref but #6 was mugging Ruiz for a good 30 seconds and taunting the whole damn team, even the sidelines after. Guess he gets a pass tho......

Offline SoupCity

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 16, 2013, 07:59:21 PM »
Oh no, I completely understand your point.  Please, don't take that I'm questioning what that kid did.  He ABSOLUTELY deserved to be booted.  And I understood Wolford getting pissed about it, but to go on the field and do what he did.  Nope, I'm sorry....as the HC you just don't do that.

Offline ysufan0505

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 16, 2013, 08:00:23 PM »
Oh no, I completely understand your point.  Please, don't take that I'm questioning what that kid did.  He ABSOLUTELY deserved to be booted.  And I understood Wolford getting pissed about it, but to go on the field and do what he did.  Nope, I'm sorry....as the HC you just don't do that.

I agree he lost his cool but those refs were horrible. All game they were.

Offline SoupCity

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 16, 2013, 08:01:33 PM »
Hahahahahahahaha.....I won't deny you that either.  Probably the worst group we've had all year.  But, I still feel as though Wolford was wrong.

Offline ysufan0505

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 16, 2013, 08:30:57 PM »
Hahahahahahahaha.....I won't deny you that either.  Probably the worst group we've had all year.  But, I still feel as though Wolford was wrong.

I can agree with you. Shouldn't have happened but I defend Wolf going after the ref.

Offline ysufan0505

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 16, 2013, 08:33:54 PM »
Official attendance was 13,164. Pretty sad but the crowd was lively and loud at times.

Offline paladin

• Emperor Penguin
  • Paladin
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 16, 2013, 08:51:58 PM »
Disappointing loss today. However, I believe they are in the playoffs no matter what with 8 wins already. But - 

1.  you got to see the preview of next years QB today with both backups returning. Its not going to be pretty.

2. The wheels came off on both the OL & DL, both have been major concerns of mine this year. It was ugly

3. The secondary was.................... well, awful

4. NDSU is a nice collection of athletes that are very well coached and disciplined. Bohl is on a roll.

5. It would be nice to end the season with a win ( 9 wins), but with a backup QB(?), it will be tough.

6  Attendance wasn't great, but was O.K. Many fans with free tickets. Laughable !
« Last Edit: November 16, 2013, 08:52:49 PM by paladin »

Offline Dmorton

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 16, 2013, 08:58:14 PM »
I hope they're in, but even Hannon had his doubts if we lose next week.  This is sad, Tressel had to be embarrassed by what he saw on the field today!  YSU was not ready defensively to play that game.  They continually let other offenses simply gash our guys on third down conversions, stupid mistakes continut to plague the team on special teams, and no discipline whatsoever.

Offline Dmorton

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 16, 2013, 09:01:31 PM »
Please get a defensive coordinator that knows how to hit people in the mouth like we used to in the good ole days!

Offline ysufan0505

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 16, 2013, 09:35:34 PM »
I'll tell you one thing.... #3 will not be our starting QB next year!