Author Topic: Next Facility Upgrade???  (Read 15290 times)

Offline ysufan0505

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: Next Facility Upgrade???
« Reply #15 on: November 06, 2013, 11:15:35 PM »
I would just like to have a scoreboard I can actually watch replays on and not have to squint my eyes to see it! Lol. It's outdated

Offline penguinpower

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile

Offline ysufan0505

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 22, 2013, 04:02:00 PM »

Offline rayI09

• Royal Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 22, 2013, 04:13:51 PM »
reverse pete at midfield so it faces the "away" stands this way it will appear right side up on tv. I also wouldn't min changing the midfield log rom pete to the "Y" that is on the new soccer field and atop the watts center.

I actually talked to rick love about reversing pete and he said they have had a lot of discussions about doing this the next time they replace the turf. It may seem a minor issue to some but I think it is important for the midfield log to appear right side up on television. it looks like YSU is chooch university as it is now.

Offline JP21

• Royal Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 22, 2013, 04:23:27 PM »
Not sure if any of you know the real reason that Pete is upside down.  The reason it's upside down is because when the stadium was constructed the TV connections were put on the east side of the stadium so that when games were televised the audience wasn't looking at an open field.

Offline ysufan0505

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 22, 2013, 04:38:53 PM »
I just hate how un even our stands look with the east side so small but I know there is nothing we can do. Regardless, it is time to get a new video scoreboard for the stadium. C'mon Strollo, get some funds coming in!

Offline YSURON

• Rock Hopper Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 22, 2013, 05:31:41 PM »
Who cares if Pete is upside down for TV, it's facing the home side and it should remain that way. More important things to do di with the stadium like a bigger scoreboard and better sound system.

ValleyTalk

« Reply #23 on: November 22, 2013, 05:37:45 PM »
We don't even pack our current 20,630 seat stadium, yet some of you want to expand our current stadium... For what reason? Such an idea is absurd and ridiculous IMHO.  Furthermore, the Penguin faces the large side of the stadium, loges, press box, etc. Who cares if it is upside down on TV. Sorry we don't have an O that looks the same on either side like our friends in Columbus.

Offline rayI09

• Royal Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 22, 2013, 05:49:37 PM »
anyone who thinks that pete should face the home stands and thus be upside down on tv is backwards. 
it just doesn't look professional.

also I would like to see YSU get rid of the artificial turf and go to a natural grass field. I know it's artificial because they use it a lot more than just on gamedays and the heavy use would tear up the grss, but still an all grass field would be neat. football should be played and grass and grass just looks a lot better.

I remember when ysu installed the video board an strollo said it was state of the art and would rival major fbs programs video boards. I don't know what he was drinking but the video board  needs replaced.

when are they going to construct a bronze statue of tressel? Ray Isaac should get a bronze statue as well. oh wait he got a lifetime ban from YSU. Sounds hypocritical to me.

go guins!

Offline ysufan0505

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 22, 2013, 06:33:59 PM »
We don't even pack our current 20,630 seat stadium, yet some of you want to expand our current stadium... For what reason? Such an idea is absurd and ridiculous IMHO.  Furthermore, the Penguin faces the large side of the stadium, loges, press box, etc. Who cares if it is upside down on TV. Sorry we don't have an O that looks the same on either side like our friends in Columbus.

The expanding the stadium was a joke. Don't get your panties in a bunch lol

Offline rayI09

• Royal Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 28, 2013, 02:46:12 PM »
A new baseball field somewhere around campus or downtown.

Offline ysufan0505

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 28, 2013, 06:46:55 PM »

Good luck lol

Offline guinpen

• Global Moderator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 28, 2013, 08:33:35 PM »

Do not see it happening but it would be nice, heck Slippery Rock has one.
“Life is hard, it’s harder if you're stupid” - John Wayne