Author Topic: NDSU @ YSU. lets pump it up!  (Read 64855 times)

Offline Wick250

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: #1 North Dakota State at #10 Youngstown State
« Reply #45 on: November 10, 2013, 12:12:55 PM »
Although I will wander into my seat as usual, I have very little interest in this upcoming game.  How do you compete against a team with a superlative defense when your defense is bottom one-third, perhaps even bottom one-fourth in the country?  You can't.  Wolford had four years to construct at least a better than average defense.  He failed.  His inability to recruit good players on the defensive side of the ball is, regrettably, his hallmark characteristic as a head coach.

Offline ysufan0505

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 10, 2013, 12:52:48 PM »
Although I will wander into my seat as usual, I have very little interest in this upcoming game.  How do you compete against a team with a superlative defense when your defense is bottom one-third, perhaps even bottom one-fourth in the country?  You can't.  Wolford had four years to construct at least a better than average defense.  He failed.  His inability to recruit good players on the defensive side of the ball is, regrettably, his hallmark characteristic as a head coach.

Wolford inherited a terrible team. Has improved every single year! Will more than likely go to the playoffs this year. He had to reshape this whole program after Heacock destroyed it. We are 8-2. With our FIRST FCS loss this on Saturday. We are still a top 25 team right now. All this bashing is disappointing.....

Offline penguinpower

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 10, 2013, 01:25:10 PM »

Wolford inherited a terrible team. Has improved every single year! Will more than likely go to the playoffs this year. He had to reshape this whole program after Heacock destroyed it. We are 8-2. With our FIRST FCS loss this on Saturday. We are still a top 25 team right now. All this bashing is disappointing.....

Yes it is disappointing, but what critcizm is deserved is game preparation by coaches and players. The coaching staff did not adjust to a team that was struggling in atleast 2 phases of the game last night. I don't blame the defense as much as the offense and special teams. The issue that I have with the defense is preserving the lead on the last drive, but how could we expect that when they have not been able to demonstrate it in 3+ years. The offense was struggling and the OC did not change it up. The game plan was good if no mistakes are madeN but the conservative play calling killed us. We did not flex our muscles on offense when we needed to and the O is what defines this team.

Offline ysufan0505

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 10, 2013, 01:32:24 PM »
Definitely Power. I'm not saying dont criticize the game yesterday, but we are still a very good team and the team deserves to have fan support these last 2 home games. People acting like its dooms day is just ludicrous.

Offline penguinpower

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 10, 2013, 01:39:54 PM »
Definitely Power. I'm not saying dont criticize the game yesterday, but we are still a very good team and the team deserves to have fan support these last 2 home games. People acting like its dooms day is just ludicrous.

I agree. It is only one game at the FCS level, but it was a bad loss because of UNI's record and could be significant in the eyes of the selection committee. That is what stings the most. The odds of winning the next two are lower than the odds were of beating UNI. I think that is what really  doesn't sit well with me. But I agree with you. This isn't doomsday, UNI was a good team and we never got off the bus.

Offline lakesbison

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: November 10, 2013, 01:54:10 PM »
Thanks for new thread, I guess they frowned upon me trying to pimp this matchup a few weeks ago.

We are bringing a fun crew and will meet you guys in tailgate and maybe somewhere friday night!!

As for the game, extremely disappointed you lost to UNI. We hate the panthers!!

LB Olson will not play
CB M will will play
WR Ryan smith will play.

Littlejohn will become MLB and esley Thornton will take his spot.

Let's have some fun and enjoy a great battle next week!!
« Last Edit: November 10, 2013, 01:55:56 PM by lakesbison »

Offline lakesbison

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: NDSU @ YSU. lets pump it up!
« Reply #51 on: November 10, 2013, 04:35:47 PM »
Ok we are excited for this roadtrip....we can talk game strategy on other thread and keep this informative roadtrip questions.

Friday night...

Best Italian food=
then coolest sports bar =

ValleyTalk

« Reply #52 on: November 10, 2013, 08:44:10 PM »
I-AAFan, can you merge the topic I started with this one and we can go from there. No point in having two threads going.

Weather is looking terrific for Saturday! Latest forecast is 50 degrees and MOSTLY SUNNY!

Offline penguinpower

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: November 10, 2013, 10:30:27 PM »
The last two times we have played NDSU we have given up a TD on a trick play.  Last game they ran a flea flicker when they were only up. 1 one score ( if I recall the score correctly).  My point is that they always run a single trick play against us and catch our inept defense off guard.  The data indicates we bite on most trick plays.  The defense needs to be prepared for this.  The NDSU coaching staff probably has a check box on their game plan to run one play like this.  This is 7 points we need to stop unlike years past.

Offline paladin

• Emperor Penguin
  • Paladin
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: November 10, 2013, 10:50:11 PM »
I'm looking for a good game. And looking for it to be close, no matter who wins.

Offline letsgoguins

• Rock Hopper Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: November 10, 2013, 11:32:32 PM »
We are doing our part on social media to get people fired up. If you have a Facebook or Twitter, please post this picture or make it your profile picture! Let's hope to god our marketing department does more than what they have done thus far for this game.... Which is little to nothing. No excuse for not getting 18k+ for this one.

BEAT NDSU!

Offline lakesbison

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: November 11, 2013, 12:04:32 AM »
NDSU pulled 1 trick last game...but we usually save them for playoffs.
Yea lets sell this thing out....  you all want me to go on ysu facebook and talk some smack and entice them to come???   You know...like a dunk tank participant??  Haha.

I still need. Friday night eating establishment & sports bar.  Thanks for the help guys!

Offline goodnews

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: November 11, 2013, 10:40:38 AM »
The pessimistic clown that is the AD isnt worried about attendance so why would his staff?  I dont personally know the guy but comments he makes to the media are crazy... When Scalzo asked him about the upcoming crowd a week ago he responds by saying "I dont think it will be largest crowd as we dont have the corporate support of ticket purchases".    Are you kidding me?  Why not plead for the local support and ask the community to support its local team?  Now, if it is a big turnout he can claim all the responsibility and justify his overstaffing........

Offline lakesbison

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: November 11, 2013, 07:25:49 PM »
totally agree with you good news, an AD should be pimping at all times.  does AD or Coach have incentives for capacity of tickets sold?  NDSU does....

Offline PenguinTruck

• Rock Hopper Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: November 12, 2013, 12:49:20 AM »
Lakebison, for Italian food I suggest Elmton. Simple place but great food.  For a sports bar with Italian food I suggest LaVilla. Better TV's. They are close to each other.   If you are at the Tiffany hotels in Boardman it is an easy drive.  You can give me a call at 330-881-4***, I will stop by and guide you to those places. 
« Last Edit: November 12, 2013, 06:54:27 AM by IAA Fan »