Author Topic: AFGuin and Valley Talk thread  (Read 38029 times)

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
AFGuin and Valley Talk thread
« on: October 20, 2013, 03:41:31 PM »
AF you need to tone it down. It is the language. It does not matter if you block it out, people know what you are saying.  Otherwise I will have to ask you to leave the board.

Others, you get upset with him & then retaliate ...which is just as bad. So the guy does not know things, like we fly to games. Let it go.

Valley. You are just as guilty of things as you know "what buttons to push". Yet you are a good contributor to the site. You stay positive, when our inconsistent play agitates people. You can say that a person is wrong, without saying his post is idiotic.

Now the reason that I put a separate thread on this is because we are polluting good sports topics with rants and complaint. Once I have heard from everyone, this topic will be hidden or moved to the non-sports section. So please keep comments in here. You get mad at AF, but AF is also right about others attacking him. I never had a son (only daughter), but somehow I think this is what I would have had to deal with if I had a male child.

Everyone is entitled to voice their opinion on this topic, just like any topic. In a few days it will move off. We also have to realize that many opponents come to this site ...especially during basketball season. I do not want them to think we are a bunch of school boys.

Dan

Offline AFGuin

• Royal Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: AFGuin and Valley Talk thread
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2013, 04:04:13 PM »

Im not going to tone nothing down, im not going to watch people personally attack me then call for me to be banned while they break the EXACT same rules and dont expect to get banned, thats bullsh**.  I didnt say anything or start any arguments and one poster out of nowhere replied with a personal attack right off the bat, like i said before im legally entitled to my own opinion and if no one else will be punished then i have no reason to tone anything down myself.

some posters come here with the sense of entitlement that just because they were here first means they can do whatever the hell they want, that doesn't fly with me, and im not going to put up with it.

AF you need to tone it down. It is the language. It does not matter if you block it out, people know what you are saying.  Otherwise I will have to ask you to leave the board.

Others, you get upset with him & then retaliate ...which is just as bad. So the guy does not know things, like we fly to games. Let it go.

Valley. You are just as guilty of things as you know "what buttons to push". Yet you are a good contributor to the site. You stay positive, when our inconsistent play agitates people. You can say that a person is wrong, without saying his post is idiotic.

Now the reason that I put a separate thread on this is because we are polluting good sports topics with rants and complaint. Once I have heard from everyone, this topic will be hidden or moved to the non-sports section. So please keep comments in here. You get mad at AF, but AF is also right about others attacking him. I never had a son (only daughter), but somehow I think this is what I would have had to deal with if I had a male child.

Everyone is entitled to voice their opinion on this topic, just like any topic. In a few days it will move off. We also have to realize that many opponents come to this site ...especially during basketball season. I do not want them to think we are a bunch of school boys.

Dan

Offline ysuindy

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2013, 05:43:15 PM »
Many posters on this board have earned a level of RESPECT by respecting others and following the rules.  That is what we have by being here first.

You on the other hand, have never respected anyone on this board, have never earned any respect and have come in with an attitude since the start.  And its not just on this board.  You show no respect and you have earned no respect.

You pass off your opinions as facts, you make incorrect statements frequently and when called on them, you never admit you are wrong, you just simply attack.

Yes you are LEGALLY entitled to your opinions.  You aren't LEGALLY entitled to anything on this board.  IAA Fan can do as see he see fits - why he abides your continual abuse of the rules of this site confuses the hell out of me.

If you want to make something of yourself in life, you need to learn some humility, understand the difference between opinion and fact and show respect for people who have been around the block a few times.  Your YSU degree won't mean cow dung if you approach life with the attitude you show on this board.  Good luck - you are going to need it.

Offline AFGuin

• Royal Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2013, 05:59:52 PM »
Many posters on this board have earned a level of RESPECT by respecting others and following the rules.  That is what we have by being here first.

What rules are being followed? you and others are allowed to make personal attacks towards me? thats a rule? hm funny, the OP doesn't seem to think so

You on the other hand, have never respected anyone on this board, have never earned any respect and have come in with an attitude since the start.  And its not just on this board.  You show no respect and you have earned no respect.

i have no reason to respect people who cant come up with any intelligent post other then just to make personal attacks towards me, seriously who in the f*** do you think you are? your a damn nobody, and then for you and others to insult me constantley and try like a b**** when i say something about it? LOL get the f*** outta here

You pass off your opinions as facts, you make incorrect statements frequently and when called on them, you never admit you are wrong, you just simply attack.

#potmeetkettle

Yes you are LEGALLY entitled to your opinions.  You aren't LEGALLY entitled to anything on this board.  IAA Fan can do as see he see fits - why he abides your continual abuse of the rules of this site confuses the hell out of me.

If you want to make something of yourself in life, you need to learn some humility, understand the difference between opinion and fact and show respect for people who have been around the block a few times.  Your YSU degree won't mean cow dung if you approach life with the attitude you show on this board.  Good luck - you are going to need it.

i can guarentee i've made more of my life then you can ever dream of yours, thats a fact. you should take your own advice, time to show me the respect i demand and learn your own humility, nothings worse then someone like yourself who doesn't know a damn thing and yet has nothing to do but make continous personal attacks and act above the rules of the board.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2013, 06:02:37 PM by AFGuin »

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2013, 06:47:16 PM »
I cannot believe you do not see what you are doing. If you have an issue with Valley, then email him, or message him. Yes I saw his comment, but it was not something that I would ban him for. I just warned him, same as I did you.

I mean this is my personal board, so it is not as if you have a choice in the matter. I am just trying to be nice and thought if others would say something ...you may listen. I try to ban people as a last resort. I have a responsibility to the readers, and the university. It is not as if I do this without YSU's permission.

Offline AFGuin

• Royal Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2013, 06:53:49 PM »
I cannot believe you do not see what you are doing. If you have an issue with Valley, then email him, or message him. Yes I saw his comment, but it was not something that I would ban him for. I just warned him, same as I did you.

I mean this is my personal board, so it is not as if you have a choice in the matter. I am just trying to be nice and thought if others would say something ...you may listen. I try to ban people as a last resort. I have a responsibility to the readers, and the university. It is not as if I do this without YSU's permission.

I know what im doing it and im doing it because im constantley personally attacked, it happened again in this very thread,  im not the problem here its the other posters who cant help but attack me for no reason. 

Offline Wick250

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2013, 08:16:30 PM »
IAA Fan,

This really is a hopeless case.  This whole flap started on Friday, I believe, when this young man stated that the university was giving away free tickets via Handel's.  This was wrong and insulted the integrity of the athletic department.  Of course, Handel's was distributing tickets that they had purchased.  These tickets were certainly discounted, but that is a business model common for large purchases in professional and college sports.  I merely pointed out that error of interpretation.  I did not attack him or use profanity, which you know that I never do.  Check out my post.

This young man responded by calling me a liar.  Real classy.  When Valley Talk, who has a bit of inside information, affirmed that the tickets were purchased, albeit at a discounted rate, this young man lashed out at him with a tirade of profanity.  He did the same thing after Indy challenged his wrong statement that FCS teams never fly.  Basically, in his world, if you disagree with him, if you dare to correct an obvious wrong statement, he interprets that as a personal attack.  Amazing.  Now look at his response to your measured and conciliatory opening statement in this thread.  "I'm not going to tone nothing down."  As bizarre as it is grammatically incorrect.  It is not going to get any better.  If you want to continue dealing with this, good luck!  You are going to need it. :-\

Offline ItalianPenguin

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2013, 09:11:27 PM »
1-AA, when this idiot attacks respected posters like Indy and Wick, it's time to take action. There's no room for this crap. What's going to happen is people are just going to stop posting here and this site will wind up like the other one did and die a slow death. Your move.

Offline AFGuin

• Royal Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2013, 09:43:27 PM »
IAA Fan,

This really is a hopeless case.  This whole flap started on Friday, I believe, when this young man stated that the university was giving away free tickets via Handel's.  This was wrong and insulted the integrity of the athletic department.  Of course, Handel's was distributing tickets that they had purchased.  These tickets were certainly discounted, but that is a business model common for large purchases in professional and college sports.  I merely pointed out that error of interpretation.  I did not attack him or use profanity, which you know that I never do.  Check out my post.

This young man responded by calling me a liar.  Real classy.  When Valley Talk, who has a bit of inside information, affirmed that the tickets were purchased, albeit at a discounted rate, this young man lashed out at him with a tirade of profanity.  He did the same thing after Indy challenged his wrong statement that FCS teams never fly.  Basically, in his world, if you disagree with him, if you dare to correct an obvious wrong statement, he interprets that as a personal attack.  Amazing.  Now look at his response to your measured and conciliatory opening statement in this thread.  "I'm not going to tone nothing down."  As bizarre as it is grammatically incorrect.  It is not going to get any better.  If you want to continue dealing with this, good luck!  You are going to need it. :-\

Offline AFGuin

• Royal Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2013, 09:44:13 PM »
1-AA, when this idiot attacks respected posters like Indy and Wick, it's time to take action. There's no room for this crap. What's going to happen is people are just going to stop posting here and this site will wind up like the other one did and die a slow death. Your move.

the time to take action was when i was personally attacked and other should have been banned, i have done no wrong.

ValleyTalk

« Reply #10 on: October 20, 2013, 10:04:05 PM »
I have no idea why I was thrown into this. Until he is gone, I, and just about every active poster, will continue to call him out for his factually incorrect comments.

Do what you see as fit, but please don't throw my name out there as being the instigator. I apologize if you view me as that IAAFan.

Offline letsgoguins

• Rock Hopper Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 20, 2013, 10:14:20 PM »
Just to clear something up. We had the choice of either moving to Scout.com, continuing as our own site, or merging into here. We chose the third one as it was most beneficial for all parties. Our bread and butter was recruiting, we never had the upper leg in terms of message boards and we accepted that.

We hope those posters we had that have come here have brought more to the table and made this site even more active. We do not recall AFGuin ever being a member of our site, thus we can't enlighten you as to whether this is a common theme for him.

I believe he is in some other reputable boards and he may have been banned on them, see the two big HS boards in OH.

Best of luck!

Offline AFGuin

• Royal Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 20, 2013, 10:43:02 PM »
I have no idea why I was thrown into this. Until he is gone, I, and just about every active poster, will continue to call him out for his factually incorrect comments.

Do what you see as fit, but please don't throw my name out there as being the instigator. I apologize if you view me as that IAAFan.

admits to being an instigator and asks for someone not to call him an instigator all in the same post, laughable.

Offline AFGuin

• Royal Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 20, 2013, 10:46:42 PM »
Just to clear something up. We had the choice of either moving to Scout.com, continuing as our own site, or merging into here. We chose the third one as it was most beneficial for all parties. Our bread and butter was recruiting, we never had the upper leg in terms of message boards and we accepted that.

We hope those posters we had that have come here have brought more to the table and made this site even more active. We do not recall AFGuin ever being a member of our site, thus we can't enlighten you as to whether this is a common theme for him.

I believe he is in some other reputable boards and he may have been banned on them, see the two big HS boards in OH.

Best of luck!

I, unlike Valleytalk, have never been banned from any forums

Offline penguinpower

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 21, 2013, 05:54:34 AM »
I think some boards deal with this using reputation badges.  It would probably help in this case because AF Guin would have little reputation and continue that way if he puts up false information.  I'm probablly not hitting the nail on the head here with that one.

AF Guin you don't have any legal rights on this board. It is privatley owned and operated by Dan. When you make statements like that paired with the use of incorrect grammar and profanity it makes you look like a mental midget.
Do your research or ask a question before laying out your opinion as fact.  You need to be conscious  of this when you post because you have that tendency.

This thread is ridiculous. I have to think that every fan board has a village idiot.  We had one on here a while ago and now it appears we may have a new one but he has the opportunity to correct his course and he has shown flashes of being a positive contributor but many times wipes out his progress with the preceeding issues mentioned above.

AF Guin, don't take things so personal because it makes you look as immature as you probably are. You have an opportuntiy to get respect even at your young age if you earn it and behavior reflects a more mature approach.

« Last Edit: October 21, 2013, 10:36:01 AM by penguinpower »