Author Topic: Sports Network September 30 Ranking  (Read 9737 times)

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
Re: Sports Network September 30 Ranking
« Reply #15 on: October 06, 2013, 12:17:14 PM »
And once again folks, it was 35-10 with 8:00 to go in the 4th quarter. Like just about every team does when up 3-4 scores late, we played softer coverage and it led to two late touchdowns. Can you please CALM DOWN!

So explain away the offense's inability after the opening drive of the third-quarter. Hold an opponent to less than 30-points? I cannot believe you would say such a thing. I cannot conceive of any defense giving up that number of points that does not result in a letter of resignation from the defensive coordinator. You have absolutely no standards for your defense. Why don't you start watching teams from the SWAC.

Offline penguinpower

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 06, 2013, 02:18:18 PM »
And once again folks, it was 35-10 with 8:00 to go in the 4th quarter. Like just about every team does when up 3-4 scores late, we played softer coverage and it led to two late touchdowns. Can you please CALM DOWN!

So explain away the offense's inability after the opening drive of the third-quarter. Hold an opponent to less than 30-points? I cannot believe you would say such a thing. I cannot conceive of any defense giving up that number of points that does not result in a letter of resignation from the defensive coordinator. You have absolutely no standards for your defense. Why don't you start watching teams from the SWAC.

I'm on the same page Dan

To Wick's point, Tresy doesn't have his recruits, but we have decent athletes and we should see better play.

Offline ysufan0505

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 06, 2013, 02:32:49 PM »

2 TD's. The game was in hand by then. Ysu took their foot off the pedal. Every team does it. Not a big deal

Offline penguinpower

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 06, 2013, 02:49:23 PM »

2 TD's. The game was in hand by then. Ysu took their foot off the pedal. Every team does it. Not a big deal

The trademark of a champion is consistent play.  We didn't have a big lead and we couldn't get off the field on defense. 

However I credit the OL for starting to get the los moving their way.  Rivers was playing some good football on defense too..