Author Topic: YSU vs. Duquesne  (Read 20015 times)

Offline ysufan0505

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: YSU vs. Duquesne
« Reply #30 on: September 22, 2013, 12:04:48 AM »
Agreed Caver and Williams need to play more. Big receivers with big play potential. Good to see Bryan make some catches too. He's s great route runner..... Is it me or does it not seem like our O-Line gets any push at all?? Maybe we were spoiled the last two years but every run play seems like a struggle.

Offline ysufan0505

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 22, 2013, 12:17:25 AM »
Btw, Berassa looked the best he's ever looked so far. Getting him heathy would be huge!! He and Hess have a comfort level with each other and he is our most experienced WR.

Offline DavedS

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 22, 2013, 01:57:23 AM »
#44 Nate Adams looked good and as far as the Dayton game being closer than we thought it would never had been close if Hess and receivers played to their capabilities.Glad we were able to finish off Duquesne as I'm sure most here were quite worried when our most knowledgeable poster warned us of an impending upset.We will definitely have to find ways to pressure qb's in conference games or else we will be in deep trouble.

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #33 on: September 22, 2013, 10:25:23 AM »
I am happy for the win, but any decent MVFC team will score 20+ points on us if we play that sluggish at the beginning. The Dukes had the ball almost 12-minutes more than we did. The only reason we scored in the first quarter was the roughing call that took us into FG range, which ended up being a field goal.

We had no real answer for Buechel ...most of his misses were misfires on his behalf.

I still have not seen anything that will give me any confidence going forward. Then again this is not the first time we have had this type of light early schedule, so I guess we wait. SIU is one of the two schools that worry me in the MVFC. Adams interview was spot on. We can take no one lightly and each week is a new season.