Author Topic: YSU vs. Duquesne  (Read 20050 times)

Offline ysufan0505

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: YSU vs. Duquesne
« Reply #15 on: September 17, 2013, 10:06:23 PM »
Wolf also said Boatwright is pretty much done for the season. That hurts as he was our starting nickel DB and was playing well.

Offline ysufan0505

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 20, 2013, 12:17:29 PM »
Need to come out and dominate. Get ready for conference play. I'm interested to see if Demond plays and if he plays well his 1st game back. I'm thinking  a score of like 31-13. Duquesne has many more athletes than Dayton so this game will be closer than you all think. Just like I said the Dayton game would be closer than everybody thought.

Offline paladin

• Emperor Penguin
  • Paladin
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 20, 2013, 12:41:59 PM »
I'm already on record with 38-10, YSU. Have a feeling it could get worse.

Offline ysufan0505

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 21, 2013, 12:00:03 PM »
Wonder how attendance is gonna be.....

kforbs126

« Reply #19 on: September 21, 2013, 12:08:59 PM »
I really wish I could be there.  I can't wait to get back to Ohio, hoping I can still somehow get back in October to see a game.

Offline Wick250

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 21, 2013, 12:22:58 PM »
This mass of rain has cleared Cleveland and is gradually moving to the east.  Should be gone by 4:00 or 5:00 at the latest.  Of course, casual fans do not come out in the rain.  Remember how many bought tickets for Northern Iowa last year then bailed after the weather delay.  Die-hards only in the stands today.  Let's not worry about what we cannot control and focus upon getting this team back to playing up to potential.

Offline penguinpower

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 21, 2013, 12:43:15 PM »
Our secondary could get some lessons from FAMU. May they are playing well on tOSU. I wish our guys would cover and jump routed like they do.

They have no chance though because they are completely mismatched on the LOS but their skill people aren't bad
« Last Edit: September 21, 2013, 02:46:24 PM by penguinpower »

Offline ysufan0505

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 21, 2013, 03:28:02 PM »
Joe Scalzo tweeted today that DJ Moss, Octavius Brown and D'Alesio are all out for today's game.... Hymes and Bellamy are good to go

Offline penguinpower

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 21, 2013, 08:28:26 PM »
Do we have a DL?  Ugh!  350++ yards passing. I want to vomit.  Uncovered people in the secondary.

Offline Double ET

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 21, 2013, 08:50:01 PM »
Our secondary had more holes than the Swiss cheese. Our front four could not put pressure on their QB all game. We finally called a corner blitz at the fourth quarter resulting in the fumble.

If we play D like this against SIU next week, we will be in for a long day.

Offline ysufan0505

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 21, 2013, 09:08:53 PM »
Agreed, need to get more pressure on the QB without blitzing. DL needs work.... Offense was slow but picked it up nicely. Hess still missed some throws. Cant have that from him going forward. They rested a lot of guys today so hopefully were all ready to go by next week.

Offline penguinpower

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 21, 2013, 09:16:33 PM »
Agreed, need to get more pressure on the QB without blitzing. DL needs work.... Offense was slow but picked it up nicely. Hess still missed some throws. Cant have that from him going forward. They rested a lot of guys today so hopefully were all ready to go by next week.

Spot on man, spot on.

ValleyTalk

« Reply #27 on: September 21, 2013, 10:32:43 PM »
YSU is on upset alert and i expect this to be a close game
Bad ysu team+sandwhich between MSU and MVFC season=Upset

As I said earlier, his remarks were bound to blow up in face sooner or later. Let's start with this one. We won by 42 AFGuin.

Need to come out and dominate. Get ready for conference play. I'm interested to see if Demond plays and if he plays well his 1st game back. I'm thinking  a score of like 31-13. Duquesne has many more athletes than Dayton so this game will be closer than you all think. Just like I said the Dayton game would be closer than everybody thought.
Then we have your remarks that it will be around an 18 point game and closer than we think; yet we go out there and win by 42.

However, what do I see on here after a 42 point win???? A bunch of Debbie Downers! We beat a team some of you thought may upset us by 42 POINTS.

I hear your concerns loud and clear regarding our defense. We can have that dialogue this week when discussing YSU, but can we just once be happy with our performance on the field and the fact we won? We went out there and took care of business and I am proud of our men.

Go YSU!

Offline Wick250

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 21, 2013, 11:09:30 PM »
My initial thoughts:

Marcel Caver needs to play more.  All that kid does is catch the ball and make big plays.

Center snap was high too many times.  Messed up the timing on at least a half dozen plays.  Got to get that straightened out.

Four new defensive starters due to injuries and the return of Peterman.  Thought that #14, Thompson,? was ok but inevitably burned by a few plays in his first start.

Hope that Travis Williams is back next week.  We need him.

Not real happy with the offensive line.  They must improve in seven days.

Really not happy with the lackluster effort starting the third quarter.  That has happened too often under Wolford's watch.

Most embarrassing trivial event of the day.  Did anybody happen to look at the scores of league games on our board during halftime?  UIC 13, Northern Colorado 0 in the 3rd quarter.  Hey, not bad for a school that started a football team this week. :P  And the people that make such mistakes actually get paid.

Spiderlegs

« Reply #29 on: September 21, 2013, 11:52:54 PM »
Not enough credit to Hess & Co. for how much the passing offense has improved. Dayton: It was terrible--Hess and receivers not on same page.  Morehead State--Statistically a good day for Hess, but in actuality he and his receivers were tentative. Hess threw several gentle, slow-moving lobs that could normally be intercepted or batted down easily because he and his receivers were still feeling each other out, and Hess got away with it because Morehead's defense was so soft.  Today: Several Hess passes had zip, no longer cream puffs. We saw some excellent throws and even a few timed patterns.

I completely agree with those who wish to trash the passing defense.  Again the highly talented QBs at NDSU and UNI, this defense will be ripped apart unmercifully if it does not improve.