Author Topic: FCS team looks bad losing to Big 10 team. Fire Everyone!  (Read 6092 times)

Offline ysuindy

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
FCS team looks bad losing to Big 10 team. Fire Everyone!
« on: September 14, 2013, 07:07:12 PM »
I don't know what term to use  to describe a couple of these threads.

Hilarious or pathetic?

I guess it can be both. 

I should know better than to look.

Offline Wick250

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: FCS team looks bad losing to Big 10 team. Fire Everyone!
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2013, 07:56:54 PM »
Indy, you are just so unreasonable. :o  Did not Italian Penguin inform us that Vegas had YSU only a 5,600 to 1 betting shot to win this game straight up?  In the fantasy world of certain posters, that made this an even game.  This doomsday reaction reminds me of fans of high school teams that advance to the playoffs after playing very weak schedules.  Their team gets drilled by the first real opponent, and these fans respond with stunned disbelief.  YSU might be good.  We might stink.  We all find out on September 28 and not today.

Offline penguinpower

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2013, 08:06:34 PM »
Indy, you are just so unreasonable. :o  Did not Italian Penguin inform us that Vegas had YSU only a 5,600 to 1 betting shot to win this game straight up?  In the fantasy world of certain posters, that made this an even game.  This doomsday reaction reminds me of fans of high school teams that advance to the playoffs after playing very weak schedules.  Their team gets drilled by the first real opponent, and these fans respond with stunned disbelief.  YSU might be good.  We might stink.  We all find out on September 28 and not today.

Yes but we should have covered the ridiculous spread.  That is all I was hoping for and we even F'd that up.  YSU is not a national title contender.  NDSU would have given them a game.

Not only that, but College Game Day is to be broadcast live from NDSU next Saturday.  Not like they need any more help in recruiting, but they are also getting that free gift.  Just like we got the gift a good screwing when Tressel' s interview was cut off mid stream after we beat heisman candidate Air McNair 62 to who gives a sh**.  It was great for our recruiting and national relevance.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2013, 08:21:07 PM by penguinpower »

Offline AFGuin

• Royal Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2013, 08:46:18 PM »
What a dog sh*t fanbase this is
when is it acceptable to see other confrence teams win vs FBS teams but its ok when we dont?

Offline penguinpower

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2013, 08:53:00 PM »
when is it acceptable to see other confrence teams win vs FBS teams but its ok when we dont?

I thought u said we would beat that sh** team?  Help me understand.

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2013, 09:42:03 PM »

Now seriously ...was the first sentence of your post necessary? You make a great point in the second sentence, but no one cares because you insulted them before you made it. You realize that we are one of the few active boards in our division ...so clearly our fan-base is great?

To prove my point, here I am responding to your post & not even mentioning what your point is ...and I completely agree with it.

Offline Wick250

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2013, 10:52:30 PM »
IAA Fan,

You are going to have to make a decision pretty soon.  Your loyal YSU fans who have been here for over a decade or this foul-mouthed kid.  I don't suspect the veteran posters are going to put up with these personal attacks and insults for much longer.

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2013, 01:09:42 AM »
We will see Wick. It is good that you say something, it may sink in.

Offline AFGuin

• Royal Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2013, 02:13:51 AM »

Now seriously ...was the first sentence of your post necessary? You make a great point in the second sentence, but no one cares because you insulted them before you made it. You realize that we are one of the few active boards in our division ...so clearly our fan-base is great?

To prove my point, here I am responding to your post & not even mentioning what your point is ...and I completely agree with it.

When im personally attacked yes you should expect me to respond.
Our fanbase is great? is that why YSU is begging people to come to games? i bet NDSU, UNI, etc dont have that problem

Offline penguinpower

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2013, 03:39:16 AM »

Our fanbase is great? is that why YSU is begging people to come to games? i bet NDSU, UNI, etc dont have that problem

1.  You are attacked because your predictions and analysis are wrong
2.  You typically do not offer much with your contribution because you lack the facts to back up your analysis.
3.  There is a concept called history that you also need to consider.  Most of the people on this board know what a contending football team looks like and they become critical of areas where the team does not perform.  Stick around and learn a little before you make your ridiculous predictions based on blind loyalty, hype, or misinformation.

And about the fan base, you are probably dealing with different groups like:

1.  The cheap skates. These people were conditioned like dogs by Mickey Monus when he gave away Youngstown pride tickets for free or 50 cents.  These people think they shouldn't have to pay for a ticket.   The reason these people aren't at the games is because:
2. The old season ticket holders during the 90's eventually stopped buying season tickets when we went 9 years under Heacock with 1 playoff appearance.  In fairness to Heacock he was not given the money, resources nor the game schedule (number of division 1 teams played) to assemble an annual contender, but he just missed the playoffs several times and made it once.  At any rate these fans bought the cheap skates tickets.  The old season ticket holders were more casual fans.
3. The diehards.  That's us.  We are the loyal ones but our group is smaller due to age, and many people purposely try not to get too emotionally involved from year after year of let downs.
4. Factor in some population decline, a student fan base that should be turning out more people with the new campus dormitories, and a Penguin Club that lacks the sophistication to properly market the corporate community and fan base and the result is: What you see on Saturday.

Winning is the only cure for the attendance ailment.  WOLFORD HAS BEEN GIVEN WAY WAY MORE RESOURCES THAN HEACOCK and we don't have a contender.  The fan base was patient in year 1 and year 2.  But Wolford has not been able to deliver and the road signs are saying we have not improved. We would probably have had the attendance back by the end of last year but those losing streaks (O for October) that keep you out of the playoffs are sort of a big deal.

And once again it appears that our defensive woes will continue to be the reason why we will not contend.  In particular the defensive line, but you can't leave out the performance of all phases.  The coaches need to find a way to stop squeezing a baloon.  What I mean by that is one week we have a breakdown on special teams, so the coaches squeeze the baloon and correct it, but a new problem breaks out somewhere else.  The next week the issue is on defense, the coaches squeeze that issue and then a breakdown on offense the following week and on and on and on.....

At the end of the day you are going to have issues and breakdowns and there is only one way to bail yourself out of that situation. HAVING A BAD AZZZ STIFILING, SUFFOCATING GAME CHANGING defense that plays with enough swagger to provide a degree of psychological abuse on the field.  This will keep you in every single game regardless of the breakdowns that occur.  A defense that gives the ball back to the offense over and over and over bails you out consistently and doesn't surrender points.  That is the cure to this entire mess and we do not have it.

The announcers have to be politically correct and they say things like "We've got Duquesne next week we'll see if YSU can bounce back"  In reality those guys that broadcast the games see what I and many others on this board -if YSU is improvising it is very slow.  In addition, the win over Pitt can be explained under special cause variation not common cause variation.  For those non engineers it translates into not being a signature win because it was outside our normal capability and there was some other underlying reason we won that was not closely related to our actual ability-we got some help.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2013, 05:04:11 AM by penguinpower »

Offline AFGuin

• Royal Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 15, 2013, 09:23:44 AM »

1.  You are attacked because your predictions and analysis are wrong

Nope. that is incorrect
2.  You typically do not offer much with your contribution because you lack the facts to back up your analysis

Again, that is incorrect.
3.  There is a concept called history that you also need to consider.  Most of the people on this board know what a contending football team looks like and they become critical of areas where the team does not perform.  Stick around and learn a little before you make your ridiculous predictions based on blind loyalty, hype, or misinformation.

Nah, i know more then everyone here will ever dream of knowing, thats a fact.

And about the fan base, you are probably dealing with different groups like:

1.  The cheap skates. These people were conditioned like dogs by Mickey Monus when he gave away Youngstown pride tickets for free or 50 cents.  These people think they shouldn't have to pay for a ticket.   The reason these people aren't at the games is because:
2. The old season ticket holders during the 90's eventually stopped buying season tickets when we went 9 years under Heacock with 1 playoff appearance.  In fairness to Heacock he was not given the money, resources nor the game schedule (number of division 1 teams played) to assemble an annual contender, but he just missed the playoffs several times and made it once.  At any rate these fans bought the cheap skates tickets.  The old season ticket holders were more casual fans.
3. The diehards.  That's us.  We are the loyal ones but our group is smaller due to age, and many people purposely try not to get too emotionally involved from year after year of let downs.
4. Factor in some population decline, a student fan base that should be turning out more people with the new campus dormitories, and a Penguin Club that lacks the sophistication to properly market the corporate community and fan base and the result is: What you see on Saturday.

Winning is the only cure for the attendance ailme WOLFORD HAS BEEN GIVEN WAY WAY MORE RESOURCES THAN HEACOCK and we don't have a contender.  The fan base was patient in year 1 and year 2.  But Wolford has not been able to deliver and the road signs are saying we have not improved. We would probably have had the attendance back by the end of last year but those losing streaks (O for October) that keep you out of the playoffs are sort of a big deal.

Like i said, sh**ty fanbase

And once again it appears that our defensive woes will continue to be the reason why we will not contend.  In particular the defensive line, but you can't leave out the performance of all phases.  The coaches need to find a way to stop squeezing a baloon.  What I mean by that is one week we have a breakdown on special teams, so the coaches squeeze the baloon and correct it, but a new problem breaks out somewhere else.  The next week the issue is on defense, the coaches squeeze that issue and then a breakdown on offense the following week and on and on and on.....

At the end of the day you are going to have issues and breakdowns and there is only one way to bail yourself out of that situation. HAVING A BAD AZZZ STIFILING, SUFFOCATING GAME CHANGING defense that plays with enough swagger to provide a degree of psychological abuse on the field.  This will keep you in every single game regardless of the breakdowns that occur.  A defense that gives the ball back to the offense over and over and over bails you out consistently and doesn't surrender points.  That is the cure to this entire mess and we do not have it.

The announcers have to be politically correct and they say things like "We've got Duquesne next week we'll see if YSU can bounce back"  In reality those guys that broadcast the games see what I and many others on this board -if YSU is improvising it is very slow.  In addition, the win over Pitt can be explained under special cause variation not common cause variation.  For those non engineers it translates into not being a signature win because it was outside our normal capability and there was some other underlying reason we won that was not closely related to our actual ability-we got some help.